• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Baldur's "Invulnerability" to all threats, physical or magical

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can disagree with the high end cause idk, it's a really high-end (and it is). But the reasoning given feels both very uninformed about the verse's current state on the wiki and in general.

ᛁᛟᚢ ᚲᚾᛟᚹ ᚹᛖ ᛊᚺᛟᚢᛚᛞ ᚱᛖᛚᛚᛁ ᛃᚢᛊᛏ ᚠᛟᚱ ᚨᛈᚱᛁᛚ ᚠᛟᛟᛚᛊ ᛏᚱᚨᚾᛊᛚᚨᛏᛖ ᚦᛖ ᛖᚾᛏᛁᚱᛖᛏᛁ ᛟᚠ ᛟᚾᛖ ᛟᚱ ᛗᛟᚱᛖ ᛟᚠ ᚦᛖ ᚾᛟᚱᛊᛖ ᛈᚱᛟᚠᛁᛚᛖᛊ ᛏᛟ ᚱᚢᚾᛖᛊ, ᛁᛏ×ᛞ ᛒᛖ ᚠᚢᚾᚾᛁ

ᛁᛟᚢ ᚲᚾᛟᚹ ᚹᛖ ᛊᚺᛟᚢᛚᛞ ᚱᛖᛚᛚᛁ ᛃᚢᛊᛏ ᚠᛟᚱ ᚨᛈᚱᛁᛚ ᚠᛟᛟᛚᛊ ᛏᚱᚨᚾᛊᛚᚨᛏᛖ ᚦᛖ ᛖᚾᛏᛁᚱᛖᛏᛁ ᛟᚠ ᛟᚾᛖ ᛟᚱ ᛗᛟᚱᛖ ᛟᚠ ᚦᛖ ᚾᛟᚱᛊᛖ ᛈᚱᛟᚠᛁᛚᛖᛊ ᛏᛟ ᚱᚢᚾᛖᛊ, ᛁᛏ×ᛞ ᛒᛖ ᚠᚢᚾᚾᛁ
ᚾᛖᚡᛖᚱ᛫ᚠᚨᛚᛚᛁᚾᚷ᛫ᚠᚩᚱ᛫ᛏᚻᚨᛏ᛫ᛖᚡᛖᚱ᛫ᚨᚷᚨᛁᚾ

ᛁ•ᚦᛁᚾᚲ•ᚦᛖ•ᚲᛁᚾᛞ•ᛊᛟᚢᛚᛊ•ᛟᚾ•ᚦᛖ•ᚹᛁᚲᛁ•ᚹᛟᚢᛚᛞ•ᚱᛖᛚᛚᛁ•ᚨᛈᛈᚱᛖᚲᛟᚨᛏᛖ•ᛏᚱᛁᛁᛜ•ᛏᛟ•ᛏᚱᚨᚾᛊᛚᚨᛏᛖ•ᛊᚢᛈᛖᚱᚺᚢᛗᚨᚾ•ᛈᚺᛁᛊᛁᚲᚨᛚ•ᚲᚺᚨᚱᚨᚲᛏᛖᚱᛁᛊᛏᛁᚲᛊ•ᚠᚱᛟᛗ•ᛖᛚᛞᛖᚱ•ᚠᚢᚱᚦᚨᚱᚲ

ᛁ•ᚦᛁᚾᚲ•ᚦᛖ•ᚲᛁᚾᛞ•ᛊᛟᚢᛚᛊ•ᛟᚾ•ᚦᛖ•ᚹᛁᚲᛁ•ᚹᛟᚢᛚᛞ•ᚱᛖᛚᛚᛁ•ᚨᛈᛈᚱᛖᚲᛟᚨᛏᛖ•ᛏᚱᛁᛁᛜ•ᛏᛟ•ᛏᚱᚨᚾᛊᛚᚨᛏᛖ•ᛊᚢᛈᛖᚱᚺᚢᛗᚨᚾ•ᛈᚺᛁᛊᛁᚲᚨᛚ•ᚲᚺᚨᚱᚨᚲᛏᛖᚱᛁᛊᛏᛁᚲᛊ•ᚠᚱᛟᛗ•ᛖᛚᛞᛖᚱ•ᚠᚢᚱᚦᚨᚱᚲ
This conversation is insane

ᛚᛗᚨᛟ

This is like saying that Character A has hax and fought Character B for thousands of years, meaning Character B should resist Character A's hax because it's unlikely Character A wouldn't have used their hax to try to stop Character B

Honestly would be better something like this.

Environment A has bunch of hazard consist of existence erasure, CM1 destruction, poison,etc. Character A want to ends his life in that environment, he try that for hundreds of years but he still can't end his life.

We ultimately don't know. It could be a week, it could be immediately after he fell.
Friendly reminder in case people forget. Anything beyond snapping a neck, we don't know how long it actually takes for Baldur to regenerate with the curse.

…could it also be immortality type 8 too?

Because it seems like his immortality is “dependent” on his curse and once it’s lifted “he’s vulnerable” as Atreus says. So immortality type 8 might also be something to consider as well.
Isn't the curse regen-based?

This looks reasonable.
Just so you know, the proposals in OP are to remove Baldur's invulnerability, and give it "Immortality Types 2 and 3" as well as "possibly High-Godly" as per the conversations Reaper and Planck had, and potentially Immortality Type 8 based on the curse.

All right, with establishing that Invulnerability is utterly bogus, let's talk Regeneration.

So, here's how I would rework this justification

Regeneration (At least Low-Mid; Even without his curse Baldur regenerated from being completely impaled and disemboweled by the Blades of Chaos in some seconds,<ref name="Baldur's arse-beating Simulator">Baldur Final Boss Fight</ref> can effortlessly Regenerate extremely deep wounds that would have done Organ Damage<ref name="The Stranger">The Stranger Boss Fight</ref> Can regenerate lethal injuries such as a broken neck in at the apsolute most days with his spell<ref name="The Stranger"/> Possibly High-Godly; As Freya's spell grants Baldur "Invulnerability to all threats physical or magical"<ref name="Mimir">Every time Mimir brings up Baldur like good god</ref> it should allow Baldur to Regenerate from having his body utterly erased from existence by falling off of the branches and into the void of Yggdrasil<ref name="The Unity Stone">The Unity Stone God of War 2018</ref> or having his soul completely consumed in the light of Alfheim<ref name="Groá's Secret">God of War: Ragnarök (2022) - Groa's Secret</ref>)

Also, it qualifies for a form of type 8 Immortality, as Baldur is Reliant on his "blessing" for this kind of Immortal regeneration
Arguments here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

Do you agree with the new proposals, or do you disagree?

I'm not quite sure what the question is. Are you asking me if I agree with the proposals in the OP?

I'm not quite sure what the question is. Are you asking me if I agree with the proposals in the OP?
I think he's asking if you're alright with the current arguments, since they changed from the initial posting. Granted, the changes are in the OP so his question also confuses me a bit.

I think he's asking if you're alright with the current arguments, since they changed from the initial posting. Granted, the changes are in the OP so his question also confuses me a bit.
This. The current arguments were added to OP a few hours ago before the second page came.

I only looked at this thread about an hour ago, so I never saw any earlier iterations of the OP. To answer your question, yes I agree with the OP in its current form.

Isn't the curse regen-based?
I think it would qualify for multiple types of immortality instead of just regeneration, at least in my opinion.

Like Immortality types 3 and 8 + Regeneration to cover the curse’s conditions of Baldur being perpetually able to be alive and constantly regen thanks to the curse.

Carried out the edits.

@LordGriffin1000 @Planck69 Pls check if there are any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back