• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Norse's land cosmology - God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only real experience with a similar concept is Dungeons and Dragons. There exists something called the Plane of Shadow which exists as an infinite 4-D plane that is connected to every multiverse within the setting.

These multiverses contain their own 2-A space-time axis and operate differently, but ultimately the Plane of Shadow is just Low 2-C, since while they all "spin" on that spoke the spoke itself is just a 4th dimensional axis that intersects all other 4th dimensional axis. Which from what I'm reading is what the World Tree is.

It's a strange type of 4D but ultimately from what I understand it's 4D.
In fact, the situation here is not the branches but that the 4-D realms take place in the realm between realms (5-D) in parallel without touching each other.

Yggdrasil lies at the very centre of this spiritual cosmos and its branches extend infinitely in all directions, completely encompassing it. I think there was more, but Planck explains it better

Last edited:
In fact, the situation here is not the branches but that the 4-D realms take place in the realm between realms (5-D) in parallel without touching each other.
Same situation is with my example. There's an infinite number of those different 4-D realms that don't touch each other, but all are intersected by a 4-D spoke without any of them being 5-D.

Same situation is with my example. There's an infinite number of those different 4-D realms that don't touch each other, but all are intersected by a 4-D spoke without any of them being 5-D.
The situation here is not actually the intersection of the branches with 4-D realms. Realms do not intersect with branches, they exist only within them

The branches extend infinitely in all directions in the realm between realms, which is a higher dimensional plane than the realms, and encompass it.(I hope I got that right.)

There was more on this subject, I guess there were also higher hypertime things that, but Planck explains them better.

These multiverses contain their own 2-A space-time axis and operate differently, but ultimately the Plane of Shadow is just Low 2-C, since while they all "spin" on that spoke the spoke itself is just a 4th dimensional axis that intersects all other 4th dimensional axis. Which from what I'm reading is what the World Tree is.
Well the thing is, when plane of shadow just exist between and intersect the multiverse, the every branchs of yggdrasil is encompasses/embeded the realms in it self, infinitely larger that it, also transcended the space and time it self

Brother Lephyr, do you still retain your vote of Neutrality Leaning on Agreeing?

Brother Lephyr, do you still retain your vote of Neutrality Leaning on Agreeing?
brother?jk

Yeh. While I can see where Qawsedf is coming from with the Plane of Shadows comparison, it doesn't fully apply here because the realms exists within the branches themselves, while the Shadow Plane only serves as a road of sorts in that sense.

But apparently that's also not enough? Tier 1 bs being tier 1 bs as usual.

brother?jk

Yeh. While I can see where Qawsedf is coming from with the Plane of Shadows comparison, it doesn't fully apply here because the realms exists within the branches themselves, while the Shadow Plane only serves as a road of sorts in that sense.

But apparently that's also not enough? Tier 1 bs being tier 1 bs as usual.
I HATE TIER 1 I HATE TIER 1 I HATE TIER 1 I HATE TIER 1 I HATE TIER 1 I HATE TIER 1

I HATE TIER 1
I have my own version of this. I tried to read the thread and help out, but between how long it is and lack of knowledge, I'm not 100% confident on it. But, like I have seen many times, there is (or seems to be) a huge lack of understanding on how tier 1 works by its wording not being exact and not anticipating scenarios where certain people would claim certain things, and tell that "No, that's wrong" firmly beforehand.

So, my view on that is to tell staff to f*ck off every time they try to push their views on wording standards like this shortly, nice-looking, and to not mind super specific scenarios that may arrive, and that we should all remember that.

I have my own version of this. I tried to read the thread and help out, but between how long it is and lack of knowledge, I'm not 100% confident on it. But, like I have seen many times, there is (or seems to be) a huge lack of understanding on how tier 1 works by its wording not being exact and not anticipating scenarios where certain people would claim certain things, and tell that "No, that's wrong" firmly beforehand.

So, my view on that is to tell staff to f*ck off every time they try to push their views on wording standards like this shortly, nice-looking, and to not mind super specific scenarios that may arrive, and that we should all remember that.
Soo.... what you think about this thread???

I disagree, but again, don't count me, I didn't read all the thread, and also what I know goes as far as what I read so far.

TL; DR?

The ones I tagged should be more than enough. Let's not bother the other staff anymore than they need to be.

Kinda forget the exact rules for stuff like thjs but how much more staff agreement is needed for this to get trough

I'm telling ya'll now that Ultima most likely isn't interested in evaluating this thread.
There is literally a thread where someone is downgrading his verse SRE

So, priority...

Last edited:
Man, it's been a while. Not too sure if the relevant parties are interested anymore, but, I'll shoot:

Hi, asked to comment, I figured I could take a crack at this. This comment is particularly for Ultima, since we’ve done this tango on another series before.

To start off, the Nine Realms are accepted space-times. We know this to be true, as from Ymir’s mural, the “sky” was born from his head. Don’t interpret the word “sky” as literal, as it clearly refers to more than just that, such as the stars being considered real when looking at outer space, and more importantly when Odin killed Ymir, he formed the other realms from his body. Each Realm operates on a separate time axis, as cited by Mimir, that time flows differently. Once more, in Ragnarok, Kratos confronts Atreus in Migard, and claims Atreus was gone for “two days” when in Jotunheim, despite hours minimum passing in there. I’m aware that you might say “time flowing differently doesn’t imply a different time axis”, but this isn’t the case, as the realms need an item called a Bifrost, which allows traversal, meaning that conventional walking isn’t enough. This is again proven when Odin seals the realms apart, and you have to use Yggdrasil seeds instead.

With this established, the 9 Realms are universal-sized bodies operating on their own time axes. I’m sure you know that space-times are infinitely bigger than their 3-D counterparts.

Onto the Yggdrasil, the more important bits, visually, the realms are sitting atop the branches and roots of the Yggdrasil. In lore, this is reiterated, when Freya asserts all realms exist in the same physical space, but that its roots reach out to all the realms, and the actual tree cuts between the planes. The latter portion is important, because where the bulk of the Tree is in the Realm between Realms. The literal space between all Realms, and center of the spiritual cosmos. Referring to a comment you made prior:

In this case, attempting to match your logic here, the 4-D space (Nine Realms), are displaced across the 5-D plane (Realm between Realms), and therefore the Yggdrasil, which stretches out infinitely. I hope this recontextulizes the arguments in a new light, had to do a lot of reading for this, lol.
The stuff about Yggdrasil stretching across the Realm between Realms is something that others have already commented upon here. Yggdrasil can be a 4-D structure that curves through 5-D space without necessarily taking up any volume in it. A sphere (As in, the surface of a ball) is a 2-dimensional object that curves through 3-D space, for instance, and a circle (As in the perimeter of a disk) likewise is a 1-dimensional object that curves through 2-D space.

So the Realm between Realms could very well be a higher-dimensional space compared to the realms themselves, sure, but Yggdrasil isn't necessarily so. So if the other stuff holds, it still wouldn't exactly save Low 1-C Yggdrasil.

Now, onto said other stuff: You seem to try and justify the idea that the Nine Realms having uneven flows of time makes them separate spacetime continuums with information that says you can't traverse them through conventional methods of transport, but currently our standards on this are:

The Worlds being different bodies of space is not enough to consider them universes, as that does not quite prove they have different timelines. Especially if they are afterlives. Afterlives often are different bodies of space, but are generally condensed in the same timeline unless there's more proof otherwise.

So, if worlds being different spaces isn't evidence of them being alternate spacetimes, and neither is them having different flows of time, I don't see how those two in conjunction would be, either.

That, and the fact that Ymir was explicitly born "when time was young," tells me that the Realms just share one dimension of time. I think assuming that this just so happens to refer to some higher temporal dimension is pretty absurd leap without more evidence to substantiate it, especially in the presence of other interpretations that are just as logical.

@Ultima_Reality

To add on to Milly's comment, all of the nine realms exist within the same "physical space", that being the World Tree, acting as separate planes of existence to each other, despite also being separated on the branches of the Yggdrasil. One of the main developers, Matt Sophos, further clarifies the nature of the realms on his interview with Game Informer, where he repeats that all of the realms are separate dimensions existing within the same physical space and further explains that if you went to Egypt or a country in Alfheim, and you crossed over a portal to another realm from that point, such as Niflheim, you’d be geographically on Niflheim’s version of Egypt.

So, they're 4-dimensional space-times that are parallel in that they never actually meet regardless of any movement one makes in any one of their directions with their own time axes (On top of what Milly already explained, Realm Shifts distort both space and time and do this on the scale of the whole realm but don't affect any other. Even the high Vanir Gods stopping and messing with time in their own realm didn't inundate the rest of the inhabitants of the World Tree). Yet, they're all displaced across a higher-order space (the Realm Between Realms) and the Yggdrasil treats it as the main void it inhabits and has its branches stretch infinitely throughout it.
The "they're alternate dimensions" thing doesn't mean much. Quoting our standards again:

Being "Different Worlds, Realms, or Dimensions" requires more elaborate context and even "Dreams, Imaginations and Ideas becoming reality" is not enough to say the "Worlds" are entire universes. "Becoming Reality" often simply refers more to "Becoming a piece of reality" as opposed to each and every Dream becoming an "Entire Reality".

The stuff about spacetime fuckery not affecting the other realms is certainly interesting, though. I'd like to see what to see what other people have to say about it, but it seems vaguely convincing to me at least. Given that:

By default, the range of time manipulation is considered universal unless explicitly demonstrated or specified otherwise. In the case of time manipulation through gravity manipulation, it will be presumed to have a localized range instead of a universal one unless explicitly stated or demonstrated. Similarly, when utilizing pocket dimensions for time manipulation, it will not be presumed to possess a universal range unless explicitly indicated or shown.

In case of time stop sub-ability, unless users are shown or stated to have limits in terms of range, or that their ranges extend to areas beyond the universe, then they are assumed to be universal or higher by the virtue of affecting the very flow of time itself, thus all of time in the universe.

Though I'll admit the Time Manipulation page (Where those paragraphs come from) is a bit ambiguous, since it doesn't specify if by "flow of time" it means "the temporal dimension," or something like that.

So, if worlds being different spaces isn't evidence of them being alternate spacetimes, and neither is them having different flows of time, I don't see how those two in conjunction would be, either.
The Worlds being different bodies of space is not enough to consider them universes, as that does not quite prove they have different timelines. Especially if they are afterlives. Afterlives often are different bodies of space, but are generally condensed in the same timeline unless there's more proof otherwise.
The Tier 2 Standards CRT concluded that them on their own wouldn't cut it, it would have to be those two in conjunction. Plus, Vanir Time Fuckery not affecting any other realm other than the one they're in (Vanaheim), and Realm Shift not affecting any other realm other than the one the wielder is in. Hell, Skoll and Hati chasing the Sun and Moon does **** all to the other Realms in proximity.

The "they're alternate dimensions" thing doesn't mean much. Quoting our standards again:
Being "Different Worlds, Realms, or Dimensions" requires more elaborate context and even "Dreams, Imaginations and Ideas becoming reality" is not enough to say the "Worlds" are entire universes. "Becoming Reality" often simply refers more to "Becoming a piece of reality" as opposed to each and every Dream becoming an "Entire Reality".
The realms are already stated to exist on alternate planes of existence verbatim, it's nothing like what the standards mention like "Piece of Reality" or "Becoming Reality" anything of the sort. That is all.

The stuff about spacetime fuckery not affecting the other realms is certainly interesting, though. I'd like to see what to see what other people have to say about it, but it seems vaguely convincing to me at least.
It was already accepted in the GoW General CRT. @Planck69 can elaborate a bit more on that regard.

Though I'll admit the Time Manipulation page (Where those paragraphs come from) is a bit ambiguous, since it doesn't specify if by "flow of time" it means "the temporal dimension," or something like that.
I believe the latter was concluded to be as such if there was proof of spatial separation along with the "different flow of time" stuff as per the Tier 2 CRT. But @Planck69 can prolly elaborate more on that bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back