• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Yggdrasil Upgrade (Finalized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Let me cook y'all. Let me cook.

The New Change

So as of recently, the Realm Between Realms was accepted as an infinite-sized 5-dimensional void. As for the ramifications of this change;

Yggdrasil

The Yggdrasil, also known as the World Tree and the Tree of Life, is the entity upon which all of the Nordic world and its mythology depend, with all of creation resting atop its branches. Its life energy is interwoven into the tapestry of life, birth, growth, death, and rebirth and every one of its strands transcends time and space. On its own, this doesn't necessitate a tier upgrade, however;

Yggdrasil is so large that it exists in all nine realms simultaneously and beyond, which is to be expected since said realms are merely constructs within its branches. Thus, its branches spread throughout the entire dimensions of the Realm Between Realms, because it's the reason multiple parallel space-time continuums are displaced in the first place. When Kratos opens the Mystic Gateway leading directly into the Realm Between Realms, the narrator states that Yggdrasil’s branches stretch out infinitely. As such, we know that the World Tree spans an infinite amount of this 5-dimensional space.

Thanks to the God of War: Official Cookbook of the Nine Realms (yes, you read that right) page 12, it is confirmed that the Realm Between Realms itself was manifested from the Yggdrasil's branches. So, not only does the Yggdrasil spread across all of the Realm Between Realms, but it is the source of it entirely.

So the World Tree is not only a higher-dimensional entity with respect to even the Nine Realms but it encompasses all of creation upon itself. And would thus be Low 1-C.

Light of Alfheim

This is a primordial force that existed prior to the creation of the Nine Realms (Even prior to Odin) and has gathered souls towards it since time immemorial. It is a cosmic light that transcends everything in the Nine Realms and keeps the Nine Realms separate through its power. Since it would have to permeate the Realm Between Realms in order to do the latter (and indeed, Bifrost is what allows beings to travel between the Nine Realms and is utilized by beings that reside outside the Realms like Nidhogg), it would be an energy that permeates a 5-dimensional void, making its totality Low 1-C.

Primordial Magics

Magic is older than the entirety of the Nine Realms and existed in the Ginnungagap as a primordial essence from which Ymir and everything else spawned. This is further confirmation of what we already know, that despite the Nine Realms ultimately being encompassed by the World Tree and only part of a cycle of creation and destruction, this magic is independent of and greater than them, being beyond anything man can understand. In fact, the Light of Alfheim itself is a Primordial force of the Norse reality.

Said magic is what allows Sutr to become Ragnarok and swing his sword through Asgard, completely destroying it and its World Tree branch, shaking the entire World Tree to its very roots. When Kratos clarifies the origin of primordial fire in his Blades, Sutr himself reminds us that the origin of primordial magic doesn't matter and indeed, this same magic takes the place of Sinmara's heart to allow Sutr to become Ragnarok. As such, magic itself, regardless of mythical origin would scale to the same level and potency, that being Low 1-C.

New Ratings

Everyone who's currently 2-C is being upgraded to Low 1-C.

Agree: 31 (Elizhaa, LordGriffin1000, Firestorm808, Maverick_Zero_X, Lonkitt, Theglassman12, LephyrTheRevanchist, Dereck03, KingTempest, CloverDragon03, Marvel_Champion_07, Executor_N0, Dienomite22, Hellbeast, GilverTheProtoAngelo,Hasty12235, Andika_CL_atmadja, Tanin_iver, Diamentus, The_one_you_least_expect, AnimeFreaks2, Maitreya, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, KingNanaya, Georredannea15, ToukiNoOuja, Rakih_Elyan, LuffyRuffy46307, The_2nd_Existential_Seed, Eseseso, SheevShezzarine)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 1 ( KLOL506)

Last edited:
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boi.

BTW, LordGriffin said not to tag him for Tier 1 shit in the future. DemonGod isn't so hot with Tier 1 stuff either.

That being said, I'll tag the Avengers now.

Can't wait for this to end up on par with Greek and Egyptian Pantheons too. Assuming it ever goes through. And Athena hopefully.

A disclaimer for everyone involved here.

Please keep derailment to a minimum. Either agree, or disagree and post your arguments or ask for clarification. I'll delete irrelevant posts since no one wants this to get bloated to hell and back.

Either way, I'm neutral on the Tiering aspect. I can however, attest that all the sources are legitimate and definitely not flowery language as has been stressed in the past few threads for this Yggdrasil debacle.

Also, would this affect Greek people who don't scale to the World Tree (Hermes, the Titans, etc.)?

Everyone scales above Primordial magic anyway, so yes it would. The World Pillar feat won't be relevant beyond LS after this point.
Technically, it would, as all Pantheons end up being of the same existential level, and without something supporting them, they end up ceasing to be.

Technically, it would, as all Pantheons end up being of the same existential level, and without something supporting them, they end up ceasing to be.
Though not sure if that would matter if a Primordial's very nature being Low 1-C would render it cannon fodder in the grand scheme of things.

Everyone scales above Primordial magic anyway, so yes it would. The World Pillar feat won't be relevant beyond LS after this point.
Seems to me that magic be 5-D hax but 4-D AP for those who don't scale to the World Tree but if everyone else agrees to Low 1-C for everyone I won't care.

Reasoning seems solid on account of RBR totally enveloping 4D structures and it emanating from Ygg itself so I agree fra, but I'm currently internally hemorrhaging in multiple locations throughout my body rn at the thought of just how spicy the discourse surrounding and the match-ups with Low 1-C GoW will be

Reasoning seems solid on account of RBR totally enveloping 4D structures and it emanating from Ygg itself so I agree fra, but I'm currently internally hemorrhaging in multiple locations throughout my body rn at the thought of just how spicy the discourse surrounding and the match-ups with Low 1-C GoW will be
Not the first time either, it was plenty spicy when Athena was Tier 1 for a time and then lost it due to sockpuppet sabotage.

Let him cook!
r30mPP.gif

KLOL will be happy about this after Atletico match. 🗿

Anyway, good cooking guys, I agree

Primordial Magic itself is 5-D/Low 1-C. Which everyone scales above.
Nah, everything will be 5D because of this. Magic scales to AP in GoW, as the UES page states.

This too.
Meh, I still think that those who don't scale to the World Tree should just be 2-C but with 5-D smurf hax, but I'm not dying on that hill and if everyone else agrees then fine.

Also, 6-D Power of Hope Kratos?????????????

Meh, I still think that those who don't scale to the World Tree should just be 2-C but with 5-D smurf hax, but I'm not dying on that hill and if everyone else agrees then fine.
Unfortunately, this is what it cascades to, thanks to Kratos' statements and the Magic System overall. Y'all made it, now live with it LOL.

This is why I didn't want this CRT to happen.

Primordial force, light, and others things would actually small parts of Yggdrasil, Soooo...

Unfortunately, this is what it cascades to, thanks to Kratos' statements and the Magic System overall. Y'all made it, now live with it LOL.
Gonna miss GoW having smurf hax.

Wait, Demi-God Kratos is gonna have 5-D smurf hax with all his weapons now, right, even the High 6-A/4-A stuff?
This is why I didn't want this CRT to happen.
Answer the question.

Primordial force, light, and others things would actually small parts of Yggdrasil, Soooo...
Apparently Tanin said it wouldn't work that way. So yeah.
??

Gonna miss GoW having smurf hax.

Wait, Demi-God Kratos is gonna have 5-D smurf hax with all his weapons now, right, even the High 6-A/4-A stuff?
Duh. Obviously he would. The malding would return.

Answer the question.
Let's just see if this thread goes through first, yeah? Then we'll see if Athena is up for grabs again. If anyone is brave enough to do so that is.

Don't ask me, ask @Tanin_iver LOL (Though he's prolly on a GoW burnout ATM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back