• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Yggdrasil Low 1-C Justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so is somebody willing to apply the changes then?

No it doesn’t. Look up the definition of endless and it does not mention Infinite in its definition, it just says it seemingly has no end, not literal infinite where there is no end.
Having or seeming to have no end or limit.
There are two possibilities, it literally having no end or it just appearing to have no end, which is exactly I think we should just conclude on possibly 2-a.
Even though I’m leaning towards it meaning 2-a since it’s coming from the writers, an omniscient/reliable source, so they would know definitively if it had an end or not.
“2-B, possibly 2-A” seems fine here.

Endless has always been interchangeable with infinite. I even recall Wokistan supporting an upgrade (infinite type) which used "endless"...

Last edited:
Endless means having or seemingly no end. It can mean one or the other but it's just that the latter is often more preferable due to having strict policies on hyperbolic dialogue. And it does equal infinity on some context; literally endless does mean infinite when describing linear concepts such as a timeframe, lifespan, or a strait line. But a circle just means it can be orbited an infinite number of times without reaching any, edges, tips, or end points.

Though, it's common for English dubs to use the word Endless when the original Japanese text just says "Oku" meaning "Many". But in American verses, Endless is often comparable to Infinite.

Essential Meaning of infinite
1: having no limits : ENDLESSinfinite spacean infinite series of numbers
2: extremely large or greatShe has infinite patience when she's dealing with children.There seemed to be an infinite number of possibilities.an infinite variety of choices

Full Definition of infinite

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: extending indefinitely : ENDLESSinfinite space
2: immeasurably or inconceivably great or extensive : INEXHAUSTIBLEinfinite patience
3: subject to no limitation or external determination
4a: extending beyond, lying beyond, or being greater than any preassigned finite value however largeinfinite number of positive numbers
b: extending to infinityinfinite plane surface
c: characterized by an infinite number of elements or termsan infinite setan infinite series.

Meaning of infinite itself uses Endless as synonym. So both are treated as same. If endless is seemingly then so does Infinite become seemingly. Ultimately both end up on same intensity of "big".

"At least 2-B, likely 2-A" or just 2-A is fine with me, but it depends on what other staff and honorary staff members think.

"At least 2-B, likely 2-A" or just 2-A is fine with me, but it depends on what other staff and honorary staff members think.
I'm fine with either.

But I'd still recommend getting the opinion of Glassman (He's both staff and a GoW expert), Elizhaa and DDM one more time.

Endless means having or seemingly no end. It can mean one or the other but it's just that the latter is often more preferable due to having strict policies on hyperbolic dialogue. And it does equal infinity on some context; literally endless does mean infinite when describing linear concepts such as a timeframe, lifespan, or a strait line. But a circle just means it can be orbited an infinite number of times without reaching any, edges, tips, or end points.

Though, it's common for English dubs to use the word Endless when the original Japanese text just says "Oku" meaning "Many". But in American verses, Endless is often comparable to Infinite.
Wait in the same dictionary you use, it also has this meaning : extremely numerous so it ain't strictly no end too

I mean so does infinite.
There some definitions which just say "immeasurably high or indefinitely extending" etc.....
So I don't think those less used definitions would hold more weight than direct definition.
Since even infinite can be treated under same logic in that case.

I mean so does infinite.
There some definitions which just say "immeasurably high or indefinitely extending" etc.....
So I don't think those less used definitions would hold more weight than direct definition.
Since even infinite can be treated under same logic in that case.
Yes, but in this case, we don't know if endless should always being treated as infinity and as such, it could also refer to as countless which is too many to count.
Also the dictionary posted by DarkDragon technically hold weight since we have to use which interpretation is the more appropriate or if both can been used ngl.

Yes, but in this case, we don't know if endless should always being treated as infinity and as such, it could also refer to as countless which is too many to count.
Also the dictionary posted by DarkDragon technically hold weight since we have to use which interpretation is the more appropriate or if both can been used ngl.
I was talking about Merriam Webster for infinite definition.

Also countless isn't a anti feat for endless.
Its a neutral definition. Since infinite is not able to be counted it can be described as countless. So its not wrong.

I was talking about Merriam Webster for infinite definition.

Also countless isn't a anti feat for endless.
Its a neutral definition. Since infinite is not able to be counted it can be described as countless. So its not wrong.
Countless in the merriam webster does mean too numerous to be counted ie. there is a end rather than it being infinite ngl.

Countless in the merriam webster does mean too numerous to be counted ie. there is a end rather than it being infinite ngl.

Nowhere does it say there is an end.

Besides infinite cannot be counted cuz its limitless...thus uncountable would be a right word to describe it. Its not wrong. Thus its a neutral synonym.

Infinite on the other hand..if subjected to same scrutiny as Endless.
We can find in Full Definition section....
1) Extending indefinitely
2)Immeasurable or Inexhaustible.

Again...these are also neutral statements...but unfair scrutiny would nullify even infinite being "infinite".

Nowhere does it say there is an end.

Besides infinite cannot be counted cuz its limitless...thus uncountable would be a right word to describe it. Its not wrong. Thus its a neutral synonym.

Infinite on the other hand..if subjected to same scrutiny as Endless.
We can find in Full Definition section....
1) Extending indefinitely
2)Immeasurable or Inexhaustible.

Again...these are also neutral statements...but unfair scrutiny would nullify even infinite being "infinite".
It is because in the dictionary I linked for countless, it used many in the definition and we all know that many doesn't equate to infinite at all and also it mention Myriad which also means ten thousands or a great number.

It is because in the dictionary I linked for countless, it used many in the definition and we all know that many doesn't equate to infinite at all and also it mention Myriad which also means ten thousands or a great number.
I don't know about Many and Infinite.
But I don't see problems with Infinite being defined as countless or uncountable( Uncountable is also used as adjective to define Infinite for Real Sets).

Also coming back to Infinite definition...like I said under unfair scrutiny...even using "immeasurable" or "indefinite" would become a problem. Infinite and Endless is in same boat. So from my judgement.. don't treat them differently.

But I don't see problems with Infinite being defined as countless or uncountable( Uncountable is also used as adjective to define Infinite for Real Sets).

Also coming back to Infinite definition...like I said under unfair scrutiny...even using "immeasurable" or "indefinite" would become a problem. Infinite and Endless is in same boat. So from my judgement.. don't treat them differently.
Ngl, I don't think we should use both words and treat them as if they are the same word with the same meaning.

Also in regards to both countless and uncountable, by definition alone, they don't necessarily have to being defined as infinite unless we have context that supports it being infinite so I don't agree with that necessarily.

Ngl, I don't think we should use both words and treat them as if they are the same word with the same meaning.
Why?? Both technically mean the same. I just don't understand this bias against Endless.

Also in regards to both countless or uncountable, by definition alone, they don't necessarily have to being defined as infinite unless we have context that supports it being infinite so I don't agree with that necessarily.
I never said it should be treated as infinite by default. My arguement was....it being used as an adjective for something shouldn't mean an anti-feat for infinite or endless. It should be treated as neutral statement.

Why?? Both technically mean the same. I just don't understand this bias against Endless.

I never said it should be treated as infinite by default. My arguement was....it being used as an adjective for something shouldn't mean an anti-feat for infinite or endless. It should be treated as neutral statement.
It is not being biased at all as it simply have to do with the fact that endless has more than 1 meaning listed in the dictionary as I just stated earlier. It has nothing to do with bias at all when we legit see there is more than one meaning listed for endless.

In any case, I am neutral to this crt as stated earlier too.

Infinite and Endless is in same boat. So from my judgement.. don't treat them differently.
Everything all depends on context. For example Magi Hierarchy was called countless by Sinbad, but based on context, it is Infinite. So if a verse should uses countless, there should be enough context before it can be rated as 2-A or High 1-B, without context it should just be treated as 2-B.

As for endless and Infinite, I agree with you, infact I believe the wiki treats endless hierarchy as High 1-B not endless into 1-B as people claim. I don't the reason why 2-B and 2-A are treated differently

Everything all depends on context. For example Magi Hierarchy was called called countless by Sinbad, but based on context, it is Infinite. So if a verse should uses countless, there should be enough context before it can be rated as 2-A or High 1-B, without context it should just be treated as 2-B.

As for endless and Infinite, I agree with you, infact I believe the wiki treats endless hierarchy as High 1-B not endless into 1-B as people claim. I don't the reason why 2-B and 2-A are treated differently
It is mainly to assume the 2B being relating to whatever there is a finite limit to the number of universes that ranges from thousands
to arguably billions if not trillion of universes or something like that.

Last edited:
It is mainly to assume the 2B being relating to whatever there is a finite limit to the number of universes that ranges from thousand
to arguably billions if not trillion of universes or something like that.
Personally, I don't agree with you. It all depends it verse sets that kind of situation. For example a verse where history (universes) just keeps spreading without stopping, that verse can be treated as 2-B as there would likely be a finite set of universes before another one is branched out.

That verse is totally different form one where there is no end to the set of universe.

Both would be called endless but the first has set a limit for it self, while the other has no end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back