• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Norse's land cosmology - God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh.. if that work honestly i wanna make yggdrasil to 2 or 3 key, the roots being at least 2A and yggdrasil is low 1C and also the cycle is low 1C
This is unnecessary and boring. There is only one Yggdrasil, whose branches and existence completely span the 5-D realm between realms.

• For content revisions that affect Tier 2 or higher, the participation of at least one Administrator in the review and approval process is required.
    • The Administrator(s) should provide their evaluations and input regarding the suggested revision, and their decision will be given significant weight in the final determination of approval.
  • The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes. It is essential that these revisions are evaluated by staff members who possess a reasonable level of genuine understanding and expertise in these areas in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of the revised material.
Nothing says 5 or more are needed.

Call ant to make things look neat. Because it seems like you guys are discussing other content that is less necessary, which has caused page 4 already.

Call ant to make things look neat. Because it seems like you guys are discussing other content that is less necessary, which has caused page 4 already.
How about you just chill out and let the staff evaluate at their own pace? Because way I see it, you're making this thread look more and more uninteresting than it already is to evaluate.

Some guy asked me to comment here, so what's the current arguments outside what was in the OP.
These currently.

This is Ultima's issues with the initial proposal.

The whole deal with the Nine Realms sitting on Yggdrasil's branches doesn't really mean much. I think I already explained that, when it comes to infinite structures, the part isn't necessarily smaller than the whole. The stuff that KLOL's quoted from me already lays out as much. You'd need something indicating that Yggdrasil's scope is infinitely greater than the scope of the realms themselves, and "They're a part of it/hanging on it" doesn't cut it.

And, for the matter, this statement isn't indicative of this. "Transcending time, transcending space" can fairly easily refer to how Yggdrasil isn't bound to any particular era or location, but stretches throughout all of them instead. The cycle that Yggdrasil presides over being greater than Surtr's incineration at the end of Ragnarok is also not something I'd take literally, or at least not to the extent it means it infinitely transcends the event, given that Ratatoskr says that Surtr blowing shit up shook the entire tree.

Do you have any specific examples of that in mind? If we got any similar cases to this, then my stance on them would be similar. Every upgrade I've approved based on "Something infinite is part of another thing" had the latter thing have some description which let us infer that, no, it wasn't a situation where the part may actually be equal in size to the whole.

This one's new. I haven't seen much that suggests the cycle of creation is its own higher timeline, or anything of that sort. Do you have the relevant stuff on hand? (Or can you like, point me to it, if it has already been said)
And this is the current one.

Hi, asked to comment, I figured I could take a crack at this. This comment is particularly for Ultima, since we’ve done this tango on another series before.

To start off, the Nine Realms are accepted space-times. We know this to be true, as from Ymir’s mural, the “sky” was born from his head. Don’t interpret the word “sky” as literal, as it clearly refers to more than just that, such as the stars being considered real when looking at outer space, and more importantly when Odin killed Ymir, he formed the other realms from his body. Each Realm operates on a separate time axis, as cited by Mimir, that time flows differently. Once more, in Ragnarok, Kratos confronts Atreus in Migard, and claims Atreus was gone for “two days” when in Jotunheim, despite hours minimum passing in there. I’m aware that you might say “time flowing differently doesn’t imply a different time axis”, but this isn’t the case, as the realms need an item called a Bifrost, which allows traversal, meaning that conventional walking isn’t enough. This is again proven when Odin seals the realms apart, and you have to use Yggdrasil seeds instead.

With this established, the 9 Realms are universal-sized bodies operating on their own time axes. I’m sure you know that space-times are infinitely bigger than their 3-D counterparts.

Onto the Yggdrasil, the more important bits, visually, the realms are sitting atop the branches and roots of the Yggdrasil. In lore, this is reiterated, when Freya asserts all realms exist in the same physical space, but that its roots reach out to all the realms, and the actual tree cuts between the planes. The latter portion is important, because where the bulk of the Tree is in the Realm between Realms. The literal space between all Realms, and center of the spiritual cosmos. Referring to a comment you made prior:

In this case, attempting to match your logic here, the 4-D space (Nine Realms), are displaced across the 5-D plane (Realm between Realms), and therefore the Yggdrasil, which stretches out infinitely. I hope this recontextulizes the arguments in a new light, had to do a lot of reading for this, lol.
@Ultima_Reality

To add on to Milly's comment, all of the nine realms exist within the same "physical space", that being the World Tree, acting as separate planes of existence to each other, despite also being separated on the branches of the Yggdrasil. One of the main developers, Matt Sophos, further clarifies the nature of the realms on his interview with Game Informer, where he repeats that all of the realms are separate dimensions existing within the same physical space and further explains that if you went to Egypt or a country in Alfheim, and you crossed over a portal to another realm from that point, such as Niflheim, you’d be geographically on Niflheim’s version of Egypt.

So, they're 4-dimensional space-times that are parallel in that they never actually meet regardless of any movement one makes in any one of their directions with their own time axes (On top of what Milly already explained, Realm Shifts distort both space and time and do this on the scale of the whole realm but don't affect any other. Even the high Vanir Gods stopping and messing with time in their own realm didn't inundate the rest of the inhabitants of the World Tree). Yet, they're all displaced across a higher-order space (the Realm Between Realms) and the Yggdrasil treats it as the main void it inhabits and has its branches stretch infinitely throughout it.

I'm not debating Tier 1/Higher Dimensional stuff for the foreseeable future so as I've ask others already, please no longer contact me for these evaluations.

However, my stance is still the same as it was before.
Noted.

@Maverick_Zero_X @Qawsedf234 @Elizhaa @KingTempest @Celestial_Pegasus @SamanPatou @ByAsura @Abstractions @Theglassman12 @DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Ultima_Reality @Emirp sumitpo @LordTracer @Lonkitt
My only real experience with a similar concept is Dungeons and Dragons. There exists something called the Plane of Shadow which exists as an infinite 4-D plane that is connected to every multiverse within the setting.

These multiverses contain their own 2-A space-time axis and operate differently, but ultimately the Plane of Shadow is just Low 2-C, since while they all "spin" on that spoke the spoke itself is just a 4th dimensional axis that intersects all other 4th dimensional axis. Which from what I'm reading is what the World Tree is.

It's a strange type of 4D but ultimately from what I understand it's 4D.

My only real experience with a similar concept is Dungeons and Dragons. There exists something called the Plane of Shadow which exists as an infinite 4-D plane that is connected to every multiverse within the setting.

These multiverses contain their own 2-A space-time axis and operate differently, but ultimately the Plane of Shadow is just Low 2-C, since while they all "spin" on that spoke the spoke itself is just a 4th dimensional axis that intersects all other 4th dimensional axis. Which from what I'm reading is what the World Tree is.

It's a strange type of 4D but ultimately from what I understand it's 4D.
@Planck69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back