• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Zeref's Mistake in Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I try to drop my 2 cents on this. There appears to be a misconception about what the Neo Eclipse is doing, Zeref isn't going 400 years back into the current timeline as that would be a form of time travel which Zeref makes explicitly clear that the neo eclipse isn't time travel.

Zeref states "The moment I pass through these doors this world will crumble away and my new world will takes it place" He isn't going to a specific point in the timeline he is simply deleting the current version of the world and remaking the version that existed 400 years in the past.
Technically that could also be simple time travel based on how time travel is treated in the verse. This is the type of time travel where actions taken in the past impact the future by creating a new one rather than splitting the timeline (which is the most common treatment, for example, see DBZ). We don't give everyone capable of time travel Low 2-C AP despite the fact that they legit create multiple timelines just by changing past events

Zeref is not simply resetting the world but is actually making the current world crumble away. He says that once he walks through the door the current world will crumble away and a new one will begin.

And mavis even asks zeref not to erase this world. The world is still being destroyed by neo eclipse and is not a simple time reset.

Neutral on this but just wanted to add something to the thread

Alright I try to drop my 2 cents on this. There appears to be a misconception about what the Neo Eclipse is doing, Zeref isn't going 400 years back into the current timeline as that would be a form of time travel which Zeref makes explicitly clear that the neo eclipse isn't time travel.

Zeref states "The moment I pass through these doors this world will crumble away and my new world will takes it place" He isn't going to a specific point in the timeline he is simply deleting the current version of the world and remaking the version that existed 400 years in the past.
This does not address what the OP said and the OP never said he is time travelling

The problem with this is self-explanatory. Time reset hax =/= attack potency or environmental destruction.
In the scans linked above (here and here), Zeref says that he will reset time by 400 years and relive his life. A simple time reset hax.

Zeref is not simply resetting the world but is actually making the current world crumble away. He says that once he walks through the door the current world will crumble away and a new one will begin.

And mavis even asks zeref not to erase this world. The world is still being destroyed by neo eclipse and is not a simple time reset.

Attack potency: Universal via walking through doors.

When you reset time back 10secs, everything that happened in that 10 secs also crumble away it is still a time reset

He isn't physically travelling back in time in his current form like the Terminator, but that doesn't make the time reset to be AP.

Do we know for a fact this ain't flowery language?
Zeref makes it clear that the world he's creating is entirely different for the current timeline, he says it in the second scan on the OP and twice in this scan and makes a clear distinction between these different timelines.

Technically that could also be simple time travel based on how time travel is treated in the verse. This is the type of time travel where actions taken in the past impact the future by creating a new one rather than splitting the timeline (which is the most common treatment, for example, see DBZ). We don't give everyone capable of time travel Low 2-C AP despite the fact that they legit create multiple timelines just by changing past events
Time Travel is treated weirdly in FT as unstable time travel makes multiple timelines such as when Future Rogue and Future Lucy came to the past, they made multiple branching timelines, where as when the Dragon Slayers came to the future the made the Space between time rather than a separate timeline.
This does not address what the OP said and the OP never said he is time travelling
The OP states that Zeref is reverting the entire timeline back 400 years, which would just be time travel on a universal scale which isn't what Zeref's doing. He's creating an entirely separate timeline that starts 400 years in the past relative to our current timeline that causes the destruction of the current timeline.

Zeref makes it clear that the world he's creating is entirely different for the current timeline, he says it in the second scan on the OP and twice in this scan and makes a clear distinction between these different timelines.

Time Travel is treated weirdly in FT as unstable time travel makes multiple timelines such as when Future Rogue and Future Lucy came to the past, they made multiple branching timelines, where as when the Dragon Slayers came to the future the made the Space between time rather than a separate timeline.

The OP states that Zeref is reverting the entire timeline back 400 years, which would just be time travel on a universal scale which isn't what Zeref's doing. He's creating an entirely separate timeline that starts 400 years in the past relative to our current timeline that causes the destruction of the current timeline.
I am neutral now

All of the language used in the manga as far as I can recall hints at Neo Eclipse being more like an Endgame Thanos than time-travel.

If Zeref loses his 3-A rating because he is only reversing time and therefore it's only time hax, then Pucci should lose his Low 2-C rating for the same exact reasons

Pucci's Made in Heaven works differently than Neo Eclipse and directly caused the deletion of the main Jojo timeline and created a brand new one on a multiversal scale.

Pucci accomplished his feat via different means than Neo Eclipse, causes damage and succeeded in his goal. There's no connection between the two.

Edit: Shit this isn't even a Jojo thread so I'm not sure why Pucci is being brought up despite his stuff being inherently different than Zeref's.

He isn't physically travelling back in time in his current form like the Terminator, but that doesn't make the time reset to be AP.
The Destruction of the universe isn't the result of the new timeline.

"The moment I pass through these doors this world will crumble away and my new world will takes it place" in this quote Zeref states that the destruction of the timeline happens before the new universe is created, and not as a result of the current timeline being reverted. The destruction happens before the time reset as its the sequence of events that takes place

1. Zeref walks through the doors.
2. The current timeline gets destroyed.
3. The new world is made.

Pucci's Made in Heaven works differently than Neo Eclipse and directly caused the deletion of the main Jojo timeline and created a brand new one on a multiversal scale.

Pucci accomplished his feat via different means than Neo Eclipse, causes damage and succeeded in his goal. There's no connection between the two.

Edit: Shit this isn't even a Jojo thread so I'm not sure why Pucci is being brought up despite his stuff being inherently different than Zeref's.
He did it via Time Hax, he accelerated the time of the universe causing it's natural end and restart to happen

That's just as unviable as Neo Eclipse, so no, Pucci would lose that tier

He did it via Time Hax, he accelerated the time of the universe causing it's natural end and restart to happen.
Not at all, he did his via rapidly accelerating time till time accelerates infinitely and caused the direct destruction of the main Jojo universe and created several new timelines. His also affects gravity, basically creating the Big Bang in the process. Zeref isn't creating what is a Big Bang, Pucci is.
That's just as unviable as Neo Eclipse, so no, Pucci would lose that tier
It's not unviable, you just lack context.

Not at all, he did his via rapidly accelerating time till time accelerates infinitely and caused the direct destruction of the main Jojo universe and created several new timelines. His also affects gravity, basically creating the Big Bang in the process. Zeref isn't creating what is a Big Bang, Pucci is.
So universal destruction via Time Hax, thanks for proving my point

Let it be known I don't agree with this thread

I think 3-A Environmental Destruction works and fits the feat especially since the feat scales to nothing but itself

It's explicitly said the current world will be destroyed and that a new one will be created, nothing vague about that

But because it's based on Time, it gets written off as Time Hax

Only if you stop trying to say that Made in Heaven = Neo Eclipse just to push a false narrative that Neo Eclipse is the same thing as Made in Heaven, Stands and Neo Eclipse aren't the same thing.
^

This. This is what happens whenever you bring whataboutism's into the thread.

No everything is erased fron the 10 sec but it is not crumbling away. And it also does not create a new world
Neither is zeref creating a new world he is just resetting back to 400 years

No time travel is not time reset, time reset always creates a new timeline unless every action done in the previous one is redone to the tiniest detail

Neither is zeref creating a new world he is just resetting back to 400 years

No time travel is not time reset, time reset always creates a new timeline unless every action done in the previous one is redone to the tiniest detail
Literally says multiple times he is creating a new world.

thats not what the OP says, as it explicitly states that the destruction of the universe is caused by changes to the past, which isn't what Zeref states will happen at all. Zeref is creating an entirely separate timeline after he destroys the current one via the Neo Eclipse. They are separate from one another.

Somebody makes a CRT, everyone agrees.
Somebody else makes a downgrade CRT, everybody agrees again.
I'm just going to address this real quick so there's no confusion. I wasn't able to notice the original thread, and I feel like more staff input should have been called there in the first place. Like I said, I just noticed the thing after it was already implemented.

I'll just make a separate thread for people to discuss this case, but I don't exactly know the context there.

thats not what the OP says, as it explicitly states that the destruction of the universe is caused by changes to the past
That's not what the OP says. That example would fit more in line with time travel. This is time reset. Here, you are just resetting time a certain amount, and starting over. Of course it will mean that the events that happened during the timeframe you are resetting, will never have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back