• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 6: Three Houses isn't the only title, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolting is real lightning, it's probably just an awkward game mechanic because Bolting is a storm cloud lightning in canon for all Fire Emblem games. And actually, this was going to effect the while verse, but flying units dodging lightning is actually Massively FTL+. Dodging lightning while airborne (Since lightning is attracted to flying objects) would actually require the Pegasus and Wyverns to outpace the bolt homing attack style, and would lead to upgrades.

Although, FTL god tiers sounds sick.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
(Since lightning is attracted to flying objects)
Actually no, they aren't. Lightning is actually attracted by the ground, so ironically being airborne makes you less likely to be hit by a lightning. Not that it changes the calculation, but still.

Oh really, I thought Lightning was attracted to elevated objects and metallic objects. I know the ground in same cases can be considered metallic, but still.

So my dodging calc was accepted, so that means if we aren't accepting Bolting in Three Houses as real cloud to ground lightning, then they get downgraded to Hypersonic+, while God Tiers get upgraded to FTL

Speaking of which, don't the Javelin's of Light have noticeably high speeds as well? I know it's another thing that god tiers seem to only scale from. Although, I am hype'd for the FTL upgrades for the god tiers.

Maybe in their Prime. Seteth and Flayn are likely nowhere as powerful as they were during the fight against Nemesis and the 10 Elites. This is shown as Seteth can't even wield his Spear without first training his proficiency back up. So it's worth discussing.

Seteth and Flayn pretty much lost access to their true forms a while back. But they could perhaps have keys for their original selves.

By the way, I notice Yuri and Balthus are able to receive their Hero's Relics before the timeskip, so that's something to note.

Pretty sure that's just game mechanics though. And in terms of lore, it's implied that Seteth at least assisted in defeating the immaculate one.

But yeah they have gotten considerably weaker

Technically, everyone assisted in defeating the Immaculate One, with Byleth being the one who did most of the work. Seteth needing to retrain is a bad argument yes, but he's still clearly not as powerful as he was at his prime.

It was specifically mentioned that all of the saints became weaker over time and lost the ability to change forms except for Seiros.

So are we gonna still use Bolting Dodging (By the way, I calced Three Houses Bolting dodge and it is Massively Hypersonic+)

I think the issue is that Bolting is supposed to be cloud to ground lightning, but the animation is wonky and a bit broken when zoomed out

If we can apply town level meteors in three houses, then I don't see why we can't use MHS+ bolting.

but I would wait for other opinions.

Yeah, I think Bolting is still by lore intended to be a real lightning bolt, but some of the game designers probably got too lazy to include a storm cloud similar to what happens with Rex Bolt. And if anything, the meteor in Three Houses could arguably be stronger given the meteor rights dwarf the size of some demonic beasts.

Rtxthegamer said:
Indech and Macuil still have their beast forms
The Saints except for Seiros all lost their ability to change forms. That means Indech and Macuil are stuck that way.

Any ideas why they'd put the level cap at 99 in a game with limited maps? Its not like I can grind forever outside of Easy mode's maps.

They could have made it 40 (like most fire emblem) with no real repercusion if they gave higher stat caps to the enemies in Maddening.

There seems to be a lot of scrapped content, and the game was clearly rushed (despite its long development time), so there's no telling.

Also, anyone else found it funny that all those sacred relics the church keeps turn people into monsters? Those look more like cursed artifacts to me.

Well, yea hence why they hide a lot of stuff. Rhea even tells you to keep what you and your students saw happen to miklan to themselves.

Also, most of them were made by TWSITD probs

Yeah, Rhea didn't want to cause a panic by making the world realize their ancestors served a "Common thief". And Heroes Relics aren't exactly holy weapons, more like forbidden cursed weapons. By lore, they have more in common with Imhullu then they do stuff like Falchion.

The Heroes Relics are the ones that turn people into beasts, they were all made by TWSITD. The Sacred Relics (the Silver ones) are the completely safe ones that actually heal you and those were made by Indech I think (or Macuil, one of those two).

@DDM

Actually the interview also confirmed that Rhea, probably wanted to tell people the truth regarding who the Elites were, but objectively couldn't because even beforehand, the world saw the 10 Elites as Heroes and thus Rhea had to rewrite history accordingly as to the public, the 10 Elites were actually Heroes due to other endeavors they made I guess and of course the general public at this time likely didn't know what a Nabatean even was..

Ah, I see. And the fact that the 10 Elites were ancestors to quite an overwhelming number of people further gave her a reason to avoid telling the truth as Dimitri for example would think even more beastly of himself.

"The Heroes Relics are the ones that turn people into beasts, they were all made by TWSITD. The Sacred Relics (the Silver ones) are the completely safe ones that actually heal you and those were made by Indech I think (or Macuil, one of those two)."

Muh Chalice begs to differ.

Muh Crest stones too.

The Chalice is an exception as the other Sacred Relics lack the effects of the Chalice as they actively heal you and don't corrupt anyone. The Chalice is the only Sacred thing that corrupts someone, hence why it's rightfully hidden.

Crest stones are the hearts of Nabateans, they aren't Sacred Relics and weren't to be used by humans. Hence why Rhea keeps them in a Tomb specifically as they are the remains of the Nabateans whose crest stones weren't used along with their bones to create Heroes Relics.

I mean the library in Abyss says that the Ten Elites besides Nemesis didn't even know what the Heroes' Relics were made of and didn't even know about the slaughtering of Nabateans, they were completely clueless as to why Seiros was angry at them and they were all eventually hunted down and slaughtered, that's pretty sad

Yup, they were caught up in the Agarthan's shit. I legit feel bad for them knowing that they to were victims of the Agarthan's manipulation.

That's pretty amazing as it shows the Agarthans really did manipulate behind the scenes of everything and that most wars and conflicts within the series are mostly do to misinformation and manipulation

It's very tragic

By relic I meant the crest stones too, ya know.

The whole point was that something sacred was dangerous, anyway.

I think it's more that I though you meant the Sacred Weapons as in the Silver ones when you just meant in general. My bad.

I usually refer to the silver weaponns as "Saints' weapons", while the others are Heroes' Weapons.

Speaking of which, Umbral Beast fights using Spatial manipulation to counter against Sothis' time manipulation. Just a fun fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back