• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feed Me Your Wretched Anime Suggestions

Without judging anyone, I think Shonen and Isekai stuff are the biggest detriments to anime and are the lowest in terms of priority of me watching 'em. Just to give people an idea going forward of what I'm likely to watch. I'd much sooner choose, solely from genre, romance or slice of life over another Shonen. Even the best Shonen stuff I thought was just okay, and the worst of it is downright nauseating- I didn't grow to dislike anime until someone recommended Bleach, wretched damn show.
Can confirm that ReZero is an exception since it focuses on character building, writing and plot over fights

My suggestion is googling it yourself dumbu! 🤣

Hmmm, fate stay/night unlimited blade works and heavens feel by ufotable havent been suggested yet (and zero if you want the prequel). One of my favorites still. Other fate material is okay depending what you enjoy but nothing special really.

My suggestion is googling it yourself dumbu! 🤣
3jso7i.jpg

Y'ever want to hear the opinions of others? Ever figure that life cannot be solved by searching for it in the Google search algorithm? Do you ever consider the value of human interaction with real, actual, three-dimensional people? I make these to hear suggestions from people who know my sorry ass and have an opinion on what they figure I'd like. I'm pretty lucky in the sense that I have friends who have a good idea of what I like, so that I can look to them for recommendations of what they like too and maybe just maybe we'll both like something.

Obviously I could dig through the slog of basement dwelling anime reviewers and see why they think this year's remake of Naruto x One Piece: The Amazing Adventure is way worse than the untouchable classic Bleach Ball Super. Obviously I could do that, because here I am, on this godforsaken website, talking to you. I have an internet connection and some means of inputting words into typable spaces. I have no interest in searching through Google, however, for the opinions of people who mean nothing to me (or, perhaps worse, the opinions of an AI trying to figure me out so it can sell me more things). I have an interest in the opinion of flesh and blood people that I know who also deign to slowly succumb to this website and have a pretty good personal idea on what I enjoy.

You, the one with the Fate recommendation (of all the wretched things to suggest) and the SMT profile picture, shoo. Go on, git. Shoo.

3jso7i.jpg

Y'ever want to hear the opinions of others? Ever figure that life cannot be solved by searching for it in the Google search algorithm? Do you ever consider the value of human interaction with real, actual, three-dimensional people? I make these to hear suggestions from people who know my sorry ass and have an opinion on what they figure I'd like. I'm pretty lucky in the sense that I have friends who have a good idea of what I like, so that I can look to them for recommendations of what they like too and maybe just maybe we'll both like something.

Obviously I could dig through the slog of basement dwelling anime reviewers and see why they think this year's remake of Naruto x One Piece: The Amazing Adventure is way worse than the untouchable classic Bleach Ball Super. Obviously I could do that, because here I am, on this godforsaken website, talking to you. I have an internet connection and some means of inputting words into typable spaces. I have no interest in searching through Google, however, for the opinions of people who mean nothing to me (or, perhaps worse, the opinions of an AI trying to figure me out so it can sell me more things). I have an interest in the opinion of flesh and blood people that I know who also deign to slowly succumb to this website and have a pretty good personal idea on what I enjoy.
I wanna say r/whoosh but i feel like id risk being counter whooshed. Very fair and poetic response, 8/10.
You, the one with the Fate recommendation (of all the wretched things to suggest) and the SMT profile picture, shoo. Go on, git. Shoo.
Stay night is based regardless and im just too lazy to change my profile pic here :/

Of course, don't take offense if I just say "no". I am a crotchety old man with bitterness in my heart, and all this newfangled jibber-jabber deserves me making fun of it from time to time. Good hunting.
hmm, an old guy who's American and likes darkness and is kinda traditional

Then watch this, nah jk...
For the record of the thread: I've seen Death Note, Mekakucity Actors, Bleach (like four seasons of it, worst suggestion I've ever received, holy ****), Sword Art Online, Overlord, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hellsing Ultimate, and Neon Genesis: Evangelion. One a year for many years. I've also caught a lot of a handful that my sister watched when we were a bit younger- Fruit's Basket and another one whose name escapes me right now.
wait... You haven't seen berserk yet? Oh shit... Someone already recommended that

Ok... I've got it... THIS THE ONE FOR YOU (Rainbow/Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin) (Hear the opening and you will see that it is perfectly for you)

Not only will you feel more old when you watch it, you will find peace in being old 🐵👍... It's kinda slow if I remember correctly but the whole thing is very good and in the end you will enjoy it and learn from it, gg

Just don't give up on it, is my recommendation if you watch it, since it's more of a... 🤔 Journey you don't like to be apart of but a journey you're glad you did 😅 yee idk I'm rambling now bye

Last edited:
This is starting to make me wonder how old bambu actually is...

Watch vinland saga if you are a bit on the older end btw, probably made for you

This is starting to make me wonder how old bambu actually is...

Watch vinland saga if you are a bit on the older end btw, probably made for you
My physical age is compounded by cynicism and so people regard me as being "old"- this is worsened by a firm belief that what most young people like is stupid, unless they like what I like, in which case it is very good and tubular.

Without being too specific, I'm in my 20s.

Bambi is one of the variations of my name, which includes but is not limited to Bambalambalu, Bambashambalu, Bambini, Bambonger, Bamboozle(s), Bumbashumbalu, Bambutt, Bambalini, and Bams.

It is an easy name to bastardize.

Bambi is one of the variations of my name, which includes but is not limited to Bambalambalu, Bambashambalu, Bambini, Bambonger, Bamboozle(s), Bumbashumbalu, Bambutt, Bambalini, and Bams.

What about Mr._Bumbass?

I am not funny

Forgot Boombu smh

Idea:
Instead of watching a full anime series, what if you just watched Koe No Katachi (peak anime movie) and only had to spend 2 hours of your year on anime? 😳

Back