• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feed Me Your Wretched Anime Suggestions

because I think I'm going to succumb to the Frieren-bros
😴... (Haven't seen it 🙈 and probably will never see it... Why would I watch just an elf girl walking, makes no sense 🐵)

Frieren is good but it legit gets so boring in between shit actually happening. Also the lack of emotion from what essentially is the main cast really make it not for me.
💪😤 knew it 🙈

It's not a bad suggestion (based on Wikipedia's description of it, at least), hard to say if I would've bolded it. Sorry.

Not mad, just disappointed.

I haven't been doing it because I think I'm going to succumb to the Frieren-bros. I will admit that yours was probably going to be bolded.
Put my suggestions in the list too.
But I indeed also highly recommend watching Frieren, it improves on the manga in almost every way.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, the Ragna Crimson anime pales in comparison to the manga.

If you can get over the Subaru the rest of re:zero is pretty dang good. However, the hard part is looking over Subaru. It's like a choose your own adventure story but the main character chooses the most stupid and idiotic decisions every single time and you just have to deal with that until he eventually figures out the correct path. Very much a Shinji Ikari situation where he's an emotional wreck for 90% of the show until he eventually gets he shit together for a short while in order to progress the story. The world building is pretty great and the mystery aspect is very well done, but once again Subaru stops it from being a 9/10 in my opinion. Overall I would give it a 7.5/10

Re zero is bad at the beginning and then becomes much better the more you watch... But I don't know if it's Bambu's taste

9/10 for me...

If you can get over the Subaru the rest of re:zero is pretty dang good. However, the hard part is looking over Subaru. It's like a choose your own adventure story but the main character chooses the most stupid and idiotic decisions every single time and you just have to deal with that until he eventually figures out the correct path. Very much a Shinji Ikari situation where he's an emotional wreck for 90% of the show until he eventually gets he shit together for a short while in order to progress the story. The world building is pretty great and the mystery aspect is very well done, but once again Subaru stops it from being a 9/10 in my opinion. Overall I would give it a 7.5/10
Harder for me to overlook was the overabundance of lolis.

Did you finish S2? The whole point of S1 was to showcase the bad side of Subaru so we would know what he needs to work on😭
Plus his situation is pretty realistic
Harder for me to overlook was the overabundance of lolis.
That part is true but I mean, children are real, are they not?
Too my knowledge their not sexualized, but yeah they're there. Actually, now that I think about it that whole thing with Beatrix is kinda sus.
What part of beatrice was sus???

Daphne's the part that puts it a cut above the typical anime affair for me

But more substantively, I just felt that S2 dragged along and got boring. And the worldbuilding started getting out of the realm I enjoy, with many absurdly powerful characters being introduced. Once you get past 4 or 5 city-destroying superweapons I sorta lose interest in fights and related aspects of the lore. Hell, in a lot of places, the scope felt a bit more large-scale than I'd like, I like stories that don't really focus on more than a few-dozen people, while Re-zero had stuff like
The massive horde of cultists terrorizing villages, the race of people kept within a magical barrier, the army trying to take down the white whale. Not so certain on these ones since it's been a few years, but I think Roswaal, Puck, and the Witches all had some fairly wide-scale stuff of relevance to them
Which isn't so much my style.

daphne has to be locked up because just seeing her eyes would instantly drive you insane with hunger
Plus her coffin is literally a creation of hers so she did it for herself
But more substantively, I just felt that S2 dragged along and got boring. And the worldbuilding started getting out of the realm I enjoy, with many absurdly powerful characters being introduced.
Arc 4 didnt have any new character introduction that increased the powerscale...
Once you get past 4 or 5 city-destroying superweapons I sorta lose interest in fights and related aspects of the lore.
i am genuinely confused as to what you mean, the only city destroying attack in arc 4 was from a memory of an alternate universe which wasn't even real😭
Hell, in a lot of places, the scope felt a bit more large-scale than I'd like, I like stories that don't really focus on more than a few-dozen people, while Re-zero had stuff like
The only characters that mattered were the Emilia camp in arc 4 but if you meant arc 3 as well then yeah the royal candidates were introduced in that arc

It would be weird if people in candidacy didnt have powerful people backing them in something like a royal selection🗿
The massive horde of cultists terrorizing villages, the race of people kept within a magical barrier, the army trying to take down the white whale. Not so certain on these ones since it's been a few years, but I think Roswaal, Puck, and the Witches all had some fairly wide-scale stuff of relevance to them
I think you should give it a rewatch since i cant talk about how much you got wrong here without spoiling

Yeah alot of what I'm seeing is just a gross misinterpretation of what actually happened/went down in S2, I'm assuming it's because it's been awhile since S2 aired, but y'all aren't doing Re:Zero justice fr 😭

Regardless, I do echo the same sentiments, I don't think it's up Bambu's alley.

Did you finish S2? The whole point of S1 was to showcase the bad side of Subaru so we would know what he needs to work on😭
Plus his situation is pretty realistic
That rating was based on both season 1 and 2. Subaru definitely gets better throughout the series but he still falls back into old habits as of season 2 in some cases. Season 2 was a lot of build for not a lot of payoff in my opinion, granted it's been forever since I've watched both seasons. As for Subaru being realistically scared, I get that but everything besides that aspect of him is unrealistic such as his obsessive love for Emilia despite Rem literally putting her life on the line and being ride or die in general. Or his constant running from situations he can realistically stop due to his infinite respawns which by season 2 he's very well versed in.
I don't have a problem with this. Besides a few of the designs showing a little more skin than they realistically should but that's just anime.
What part of beatrice was sus???
Beatrix, who has the body of and acts like a child, falling in love with Subaru, and Subaru accepting that love, doesn't seem the least bit weird to you?

daphne has to be locked up because just seeing her eyes would instantly drive you insane with hunger
Plus her coffin is literally a creation of hers so she did it for herself
I know, but you can justify literally anything if you craft the story in a particular way. The question would be why the author disproportionately creates characters like that.

It isn't actually a dealbreaker for me, Monogatari's one of my favourite series, but it's something I prefer the absence of, and it's an easier issue to explain than everything else I have.
Arc 4 didnt have any new character introduction that increased the powerscale...

i am genuinely confused as to what you mean, the only city destroying attack in arc 4 was from a memory of an alternate universe which wasn't even real😭
iirc it introduced characters as on par with ones from previous arcs. Most obviously, we went from 1-3 witches with scant details, to getting quite a bit of information on all seven witches. Also, I think I remember being a bit surprised at the scale of stuff during the battle at the manor in s2.
The only characters that mattered were the Emilia camp in arc 4 but if you meant arc 3 as well then yeah the royal candidates were introduced in that arc

I think you should give it a rewatch since i cant talk about how much you got wrong here without spoiling
That section was about the series as a whole up to that point, with S2 more feeling like it pushed things over the line.
It would be weird if people in candidacy didnt have powerful people backing them in something like a royal selection🗿
Like with the Daphne stuff, I don't think it's an internal contradiction, it's just not my cup of tea.
Yeah alot of what I'm seeing is just a gross misinterpretation of what actually happened/went down in S2, I'm assuming it's because it's been awhile since S2 aired, but y'all aren't doing Re:Zero justice fr 😭
I can chuck the series a bone! It had some enjoyable stuff, like Patrasche, Echidna, the ram stick's sister, Roswaal, and the catboy. But I ultimately found it dragged down to meh-territory by stuff I didn't care about as much, particularly in S2.

Last edited:

But more substantively, I just felt that S2 dragged along and got boring. And the worldbuilding started getting out of the realm I enjoy, with many absurdly powerful characters being introduced. Once you get past 4 or 5 city-destroying superweapons I sorta lose interest in fights and related aspects of the lore. Hell, in a lot of places, the scope felt a bit more large-scale than I'd like, I like stories that don't really focus on more than a few-dozen people, while Re-zero had stuff like
Literally though, if Re:Zero stayed in the realm of tiers 9 and 8 I'd be more interested in it, as it stands it's oversaturated with "muh strong character" to the point where I don't care how well they're worldbuilt. It's part of why I don't give a **** about Dragon Ball, I don't want to see every 3 seconds the universe being in danger because of muh power, I just want a ******' story that isn't ******** out stronger and stronger characters.

Say what you will about Overlord, but at least it knows how to make OP characters work in story and isn't making them strong JUST to be strong.

Literally though, if Re:Zero stayed in the realm of tiers 9 and 8 I'd be more interested in it, as it stands it's oversaturated with "muh strong character" to the point where I don't care how well they're worldbuilt. It's part of why I don't give a ** about Dragon Ball, I don't want to see every 3 seconds the universe being in danger because of muh power, I just want a ' story that isn't **** out stronger and stronger characters.

Say what you will about Overlord, but at least it knows how to make OP characters work in story and isn't making them strong JUST to be strong.
Truth Of Truth!

There needs to be something that makes sense for them to be strong for the story... otherwise it's just more suitable to make a game for that instead, which doesn't have lore as its main thing 😴

Back