• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TYBW Anime is Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
This thread will be to talk about the TYBW anime’s canonicity, and I believe it should be held in regard with equal weight, if not superior to the manga.

Evidence
  1. Kubo is confident in the anime being faithful to his vision.
  2. Kubo and Pierrot have been going back and forth several times with developing the anime.
  3. Kubo acknowledges that there will be new scenes.
  4. Kubo is the one inserting the new scenes.
  5. Kubo reviews and watches what Pierrot does with his suggestions.
  6. Kubo believes that Pierrot is taking his suggestions seriously.
  7. Kubo is involved in every step of the process.
  8. Kubo believes his extensive involvement is what will help elevate the anime.
Verdict
I think it’s self-evident from Kubo’s numerous statements regarding his in depth involvement in the anime, that the TYBW anime should be considered canon to the main story of Bleach. Especially so when considering that: A) he’s involved in every step of the way, and B) he’s incorporating shit in the anime that he didn’t get to put in the manga. This means that the anime will provide a more comprehensive and complete version of Kubo’s vision for the TYBW than the manga could. All of which is not surprising, given how Kubo’s decking health had led him to rush the TYBW manga conclusion. I think we can all agree too, for those who have scene the anime, that the additions in cour 1 alone have already done wonders in fleshing out the more vague aspects of the first invasion.

Conclusion
I’m sure most of y’all won’t find this controversial, I’m just making this for formality’s sake. The conclusion is that the TYBW anime is canon and takes precedence as an adaptation, since it is a more completed version of Kubo’s vision for his story.

Agree: Lephyr, Tracer, Damage (but manga takes precedent over discrepancies), Griffon, KT, Deagonx (same as Damage)
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
jinx-the-cat-jinx.gif

Absolutely agreed.

Might I add that Kubo supervises and even edits the scripts and storyboards for the episodes and in the process he sometimes changes large portions of them. The staff says that when they give them to Kubo for corrections when he returns them sometimes they're completely unrecognizable.

This was stated in a recent interview I could get the scans but I doubt that's necessary.

As long as the anime version doesn't directly differ or contradict the manga version, then sure.

@Tdjwo comment made me remember something i wanted to ask, in cases where the events in the anime happen differently from the manga, how we procced? Do we put the anime above the manga as it has more thought put into it?

The only disagreement a person would have is if they believe that the original should take precedence no matter what, which wouldn't make sense if even the creator believes and states that the adaptation (anime in this case) is a more accurate and faithful representation of his vision than even the original source material or if he is using the adaptation to basically show his complete vision which he wasn't able to do with the original source material. So unless people are trying to enforce that the original source is > the true canon vision of the creator (which at that point is just illogical as canonicity is what matters, not really source), this should be pretty straightforward.

So easy agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back