• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TYBW Anime is Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are canon and this is a fact, the main point is that the anime is the final polishing of Kubo within its own story, and as Arc mentioned in the starting post, possibly a superior canon to the manga, due to the way it is being done, the author's involvement, the status of the ending of the manga. Separation from canon should only be cited if there is something very off the charts within the anime, and yet we could just ignore it and move forward with just one.
Everyone agrees that both are canon. If both are canon, then both MUST be used as canon in this site. The anime being the "final polishing" is in regards to Kubo extending the plot by adding new concepts like extra fights, scenes, etc. It's not like Kubo implied he was going to change already established feats or plotlines.

If contradicting feats doesn't occur in the anime, then yes, we can conclude both anime canon and manga canon are the same but if anime feats contradicts manga feats, then we can't combine both canons. It makes virtually no sense since both are supposed to be canon.

Shouldn't be a separate canon at all. It's the same story with more elaboration from the anime. Simply use both.

Don't know why this wiki is so afraid of just... accepting different medians as further sources for the same continuity, especially when it comes to adaptations of Japanese works.
The same thing happens with DBZ anime and DBZ manga, which are both adaptations, but there are some things added throughout the series, there is also the Naruto anime is a beautiful example.

Heck, Naruto is 99% full, with some more in-depth explanations than the manga, but I still think they're both complementary to each other lol
I believe Naruto anime canon scenes should be treated as canon like Boruto is since it almost never contradicts the manga, but that's not really relevant here.

I agree with TYBW as canon.

Even if the anime gave a higher feats compared to the manga or if any new scene has a high feat, it doesn't change anything because it may be what Kubo forgot or wanted to add to the manga due him rushing it because of his health.

The same thing happens with DBZ anime and DBZ manga, which are both adaptations, but there are some things added throughout the series, there is also the Naruto anime is a beautiful example.
False equivalence asf. The continuities are are separated due to inconsistencies and sequels which made them separate canons completely.

Inb4 Kubo makes changes in the anime that downgrades from manga feats.

OP makes sense. Separate canons feels a bit counterintuitive given it's made by the same person but it can work.

Pretty sure it doesn't make any difference in his health if he showed a Multiversal statement/feat for a character in the manga rather than the anime. The only argument you could make is regarding the length of the manga rather than what important feats gets contradicted in the anime. If the feats in the anime differ from the manga, then it should be in a seperate canon. We do these for LN's and WN's and we also did this for DBS anime/manga.
Even if and that is a big if, they get separated, the anime will become the main canon and the manga will just be an outdated version of the creator's vision.

This is not evem the 1st time when an adaptation/secondary work ends up becoming the main canon, FGO is the best example I can find.

@LephyrTheRevanchist @LordGriffin1000 @KingTempest

Can you clarify your view on whether the manga or anime would take precedence in the case of discrepancies? We certainly have enough agreement to consider it canon, but we need a firmer consensus on this matter. Myself and Damage believe the manga should take precedence as the original source material, Tracer believes the anime should. It'd help if we had a decisive vote one way or the other.

This is not evem the 1st time when an adaptation/secondary work ends up becoming the main canon, FGO is the best example I can find.
.fgo is not the main canon of the nasuverse btw
but if you still think the manga is the main canon, even though the anime was stated by kubo to be his complete vision... idk what to tell you

Can you clarify your view on whether the manga or anime would take precedence in the case of discrepancies? We certainly have enough agreement to consider it canon, but we need a firmer consensus on this matter. Myself and Damage believe the manga should take precedence as the original source material, Tracer believes the anime should. It'd help if we had a decisive vote one way or the other.
Considering I explicitly state the anime > manga in the OP, and they agreed with the OP, unless they state otherwise they’re agreeing with anime > manga.

I don't agree with that, given that the main focus (and title) of the CRT was establishing it's canonicity. If the CRT was "TYBW anime adaptation takes precedence over original manga" I'd definitely agree, but in this case details like that are easily missed and it's best to seek clarity on it.

I don't agree with that, given that the main focus (and title) of the CRT was establishing it's canonicity. If the CRT was "TYBW anime adaptation takes precedence over original manga" I'd definitely agree, but details like that are easily missed and it's best to seek clarity on it.
You don’t have to agree with it. Unless they specify otherwise (which they’re free to do) agreeing with my OP means they agree with my OP. It’s that simple. I spell it out in the OP, they can read.

The anime should take precedence.

The anime should take precedence.
Thank you for clarifying.

Unless they specify otherwise (which they’re free to do) agreeing with my OP means they agree with my OP. It’s that simple.
Like I said, small details like that are easily overlooked in a thread that is primarily about establishing canonicity. We all agree it's canon, but further clarity is needed about the precedence sub-issue.

Thank you for clarifying.

Like I said, small details like that are easily overlooked in a thread that is primarily about establishing canonicity. We all agree it's canon, but further clarity is needed about the precedence sub-issue.
It’s not a small detail. Stop presupposing they can’t read. Until they clarify they disagree with it, it’s assumed they agree with the OP. Since they said they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back