• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Chapter is out for those who have K Manga

Here's a summary
So in order to beat Viernes, they need to give him physical form, but in order to do that, they need the Separation Enchantment and a Philosopher’s Stone. Yes, the Separation Enchantment is capable of literally ripping the will of something out of something else. The Philosopher’s Stone will then forcefully give Viernes a physical form, and then the plan is to just beat him up. Issue is, Wendy and Rogue lost their magic. It was stolen by Duke. That’s why they weren’t in the last chapter. So they immediately head back to Gold Owl And an illusion of Fairy Tail appeared. Basically the plan is to beat up Duke, get Wendy's magic back, give Viernes a physical form and then beat him up

Chapter is out for those who have K Manga

Here's a summary
So in order to beat Viernes, they need to give him physical form, but in order to do that, they need the Separation Enchantment and a Philosopher’s Stone. Yes, the Separation Enchantment is capable of literally ripping the will of something out of something else. The Philosopher’s Stone will then forcefully give Viernes a physical form, and then the plan is to just beat him up. Issue is, Wendy and Rogue lost their magic. It was stolen by Duke. That’s why they weren’t in the last chapter. So they immediately head back to Gold Owl And an illusion of Fairy Tail appeared. Basically the plan is to beat up Duke, get Wendy's magic back, give Viernes a physical form and then beat him up

Wendy's broken

What is the latest knowledge up to date that Elf Dude has with his power in the FT story chronologically wise?

Probably the conversation he was involved in most recently not that his knowledge is all that accurate.
Could you give an example? The best I can remember is him talking about the former magic council chairman and his super archive

Could you give an example? The best I can remember is him talking about the former magic council chairman and his super archive
If I'm remembering correctly elfresia's magic was compared to super archive in terms of how it works.
For a example of the inaccuracies in his knowledge you only have to remember that he didn't know that Athena escaped the seal on her own.

The chapter is out on K Manga for those who want to pay for the chapter
So the matchups are…

Natsu vs Athena Mark 2 and Duke

Erza vs both Signario Sisters

Jellal vs God Serena

Gray and Lucy vs Gennai and Kotetsu

Gray and Lucy were about what I expected but i didn’t expect Jellal vs God Serena. Thought Jellal was gonna go up against the Signario Sisters with Erza. And I originally thought that Natsu was gonna be matched up against God Serena with Duke being the raid boss after everybody wins their matches. Anyways my thoughts on the matches

Natsu vs Athena II & Duke

I kinda expect somebody to intervene in this fight. Natsu does have Dragon Force yeah but from what we’ve seen narratively he hasn’t really used it that much other than against the Dragon Gods in 100 Years Quest. So I expect him to save that for Viernes and not this match.

So there are currently a few possible paths I could see happening here.

1. Wendy wakes up and can use enchantments for some reason probably due to being near her magic and gives Natsu an enchantment boost or an enchantment that weakens Athena II and Duke or just outright take them out of commission as she now somehow understands alchemy.

2. Athena pops in and takes on Athena II while Natsu goes on to take on Duke with Fire Dragon King Mode and eventually goes Dragon Force which leads to Viernes appearing.

3. Natsu eats the Sky Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic and gains a four element mode. This will eventually tie into him regaining Seven Fire Dragon Mode which he will use against Ignia thus proving that Ignia is in fact on Post-SBT Acnologia’s lvl and not Pre-SBT Acnologia’s lvl.

4. A mix of the three paths above occurs. Athena appears and Wendy gives them both an enchantment boost and Natsu gains a four element mode to defeat Duke while Athena defeats Athena II. Viernes appears and Natsu goes Dragon Force after Viernes is put into a physical body.

Erza vs Signario Sisters

I did not expect to see Erza 1v2 them considering how she lost against just one of them last time so there are two possible paths I can think of

1. Erza pulls a new armor and enchantment out of nowhere and wins in a 1v2 against them both despite losing 3v1 previously.

2. Erza manages to 1v1 one of them and somebody else (Perhaps Sabertooth or Diabolos) arrives to help her out against the other one. Though if Diabolos comes to help that opens another can of worms for who will come to assist who in their matches.

Jellal vs God Serena

This here is a match that I didn’t expect whatsoever. But I guess I should’ve seen it coming. Both are former wizard saints and both use multiple elements. I actually completely forgot that Jellal can also use multiple elements since he mostly uses Heavenly Body Magic ever since he became good. So who knows maybe Jellal will finally show off the four element Abyss Break spell that has been hyped up for ages but was never used against God Serena.

For this match the main problem for Jellal winning easily is God Serena’s true strength. Cause we actually never saw him fight at full power before. And there’s a few factor that could make God Serena much stronger than we expected.

1. God Serena claims he’s weaker than the Signario Sisters but during Alvarez it was also stated that the Spriggans were all around his level. And than against the Wizard Saints we learned that they were likely referring to the Spriggans being as strong as Pre-Alvarez/Ishgar God Serena. Since the wizard saints later said he’s gotten much stronger than they remembered him to be and even Historia God Serena has performed much better than the other Spriggans against Fairy Tail. Not to mention Gildarts even said that God Serena is possibly a match for him when he was alive which kinda puts him above all the other Spriggans outside of August and Irene.

2. Dragon Force is a thing. And after checking the wiki I just realized that Laxus has actually used Dragon Force way back during the Battle of Fairy Tail against Natsu and Gajeel. So 2nd Gen Dragon Force is in fact a thing and God Serena who is originally the strongest 2nd Gen Dragon Slayer probably has that trump card up his sleeves.

3. He has eight elements so for all we know he could pull off some crazy Unison Raid technique with all eight elements. And last time I checked Unison Raid works like a 1+1 > 2 type of spell right?

So Jellal’s match actually has the most unknown factors. And with how Mashima has treated God Serena it doesn’t seem like Jellal will have an easy fight even if he does seem stronger right now. Not to mention narratively in all previous arcs Jellal has pretty much been portrayed as being on Erza’s lvl or above all the time. So I really don’t see God Serena being weaker than the Signario Sisters just to break this trend.

Lucy & Gray vs Gennai & Kotetsu

Honestly not much to be said here. They have the easiest matchup and I don’t see them losing at all. Especially not when Lucy can just use Aquarius x Gemini and just slam a Gottfried on them. And Gray… Ehh I hope he gets a Devil Force or something. Cause he’s definitely not living up to Mashima’s statement about him being equal to current Natsu. He’s currently like arguably the weakest member of Team Natsu outside of the Exceeds.

Last edited:
We don't accept this as Dragon Force, honestly this is by far just a liberty taken by the game
I see well point stands that 2nd Gen Dragon Force is a possible thing. So God Serena could very well pull that out against Jellal. So it might not be as easy of a win at all for Jellal. Mashima seems to love God Serena with how he was suddenly brought back and is now relevant to the plot again. So I doubt Jellal will do something like low diffing God Serena. If anything I kind of expect the fight between them to go something akin to Laxus vs Kirin.

2nd Gen DF is kind of eh as a possibility tbh. Both Laxus and Cobra have been drawn with scales (the latter being the most blatant outside of Natsu himself) and there is never a mention of it being DF even though Natsu is the one who fights both, has used DF before, and after fighting Cobra, enters DF against Zero and directly compares his magic now to his first DF. 2nd Gen just got cool aesthetics with none of the power up.

What Serena can actually do is use an Eight Element Dragon Mode which could go hard af. This is actually a distinct possibility since he has already used all eight elements in one move before with Dragon God’s Fang (where spawns a dragon head for each element).

I didn’t think that could be a thing as I thought Serena is naturally in his multiple element form? Though thinking about it now he did always use his elements separately and not together so I guess he isn’t naturally in a multiple element form. I guess a Hybrid Dragon Mode probably is a higher possibility than a theoretical 2nd Gen Dragon Force from a game.

He technically always has access to his different magics but even when he uses multiple at a time, he only uses separate spells from each Lacrima rather than combining them into one.

So since we consider Dual Element Modes to be Character A + Character B when it first appears. Would God Serena’s theoretical Hybrid Dragon Mode essentially be Base God Serena x8 since it’s just God Serena with eight elements? And if they legit go the God Serena is equal to or stronger than Gildarts route Jellal would pretty much be facing Gildarts x8. That’s like way worse than facing a simple Dragon Force God Serena which is just Base God Serena x4. It would also make God Serena the one with the highest non Dragon God AP in the series wouldn’t it?

So since we consider Dual Element Modes to be Character A + Character B when it first appears. Would God Serena’s theoretical Hybrid Dragon Mode essentially be Base God Serena x8 since it’s just God Serena with eight elements? And if they legit go the God Serena is equal to or stronger than Gildarts route Jellal would pretty much be facing Gildarts x8. That’s like way worse than facing a simple Dragon Force God Serena which is just Base God Serena x4. It would also make God Serena the one with the highest non Dragon God AP in the series wouldn’t it?
Not exactly. Dual Elements only work that way for the initial use where the user eats the external magic and add it to their own. Currently, both Natsu and Gajeel are x3 stronger with their Dual Elements due to Natsu scaling from Yokai Lucy and Gajeel scaling from Natsu.

God Serena wouldn’t scale without a direct showing or statement to compare to theirs so he would just be unquantifiably higher. DF on the other hand took x4 Wendy from getting stomped by base Ezel to beating up Blade Mode (Etherious Form) Ezel with EF amps on average being the difference between getting stomped by base Natsu to pressing him (Jackal) and being relative to base Natsu/Gajeel and sorta keeping up with Dual Element Modes (Tempester and Torafuzar) when Dual Elements take you from being low diffed in base to one shotting your opponent (Max). Current DF is only x4 because that is what we can confirm for certain at this point much like how Natsu’s first few uses were only x2-3.

I see. Well what would happen if every single one of a theoretical Hybrid Dragon Mode God Serena’s attack is considered a unison raid? Would that make all of his attacks vary from Base God Serena x2 to Base God Serena x8 depending on how many elements he uses at once?

God Serena honestly has a lot of potential with his eight different elements so I’m quite curious how all these in universe mechanics would work for him considering how much variation he has.

Edit: Actually wait has Unison Raid ever been done by one individual before? Or is a magic considered Unison Raid as long as it’s a fusion of more than one magic?

Last edited:
If they are compared to Unison Raid (probably by Jellal), then x8 is a likely possibility. It all really depends on how well his base does against Jellal. If it is, then we can just hope Jellal uses Abyss Break with a similar comparison or smth else which would make Serena scale to half of his base AP.

Makes sense and yeah same here would like to see Abyss Break actually be performed for once. Also knowing the trend of 100 Years Quest, Jellal will likely say something like God Serena also has magic power comparable to Gildarts and have a rather evenly matched fight with him at the beginning. Like there’s no way Mashima kept bringing up Gildarts when talking about God Serena in both the Alvarez Arc and 100 Years Quest only for him to not be Gildarts lvl. After that if God Serena really does pull out a theoretical Hybrid Dragon Mode, Jellal will probably use Abyss Break to counter. Though if God Serena really does have a form that’s at maximum his Base x8 I really don’t see how Jellal could win without outside help.

Makes sense and yeah same here would like to see Abyss Break actually be performed for once. Also knowing the trend of 100 Years Quest, Jellal will likely say something like God Serena also has magic power comparable to Gildarts and have a rather evenly matched fight with him at the beginning. Like there’s no way Mashima kept bringing up Gildarts when talking about God Serena in both the Alvarez Arc and 100 Years Quest only for him to not be Gildarts lvl. After that if God Serena really does pull out a theoretical Hybrid Dragon Mode, Jellal will probably use Abyss Break to counter. Though if God Serena really does have a form that’s at maximum his Base x8 I really don’t see how Jellal could win without outside help.
Maybe Jellal will have his own "Mode" that's star-themed.

Has Heavenly Body Magic ever even shown anything related to transformations? Though I would like Jellal to have his own power up form of some sorts.

Laxus who‘s kinda been treated as Jellal’s equal a few times already has two modes now. Lightning Dragon King Mode and Red Lightning Dragon Mode. Not to mention it’s even show against Kirin that Laxus can use the two modes together. Jellal really needs a power up for himself as he’s starting to fall behind the other top tiers.

Last edited:
New chapter is out

Athena II doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as strong as the original Athena but she could still take many attacks from Lightning Fire Dragon Mode Natsu. Lucy’s spirits which are comparable to her are keeping up with Gray and the Alchemy dolls. Sai used Rival Bond Alchemy which he said in Chapter 113 switches the target with someone of similar strength. Gray was switched with Natsu and Lucy was switched with Brandish. So Base Gray is now confirmed in series to be comparable to Base Natsu and not just through author statement. And Brandish is comparable to Post-Elentear Lucy who is in turn comparable to Post-Elentear Base Gray. So wait does this make some of the stronger Spriggans like Base Irene and Base August 5-B+ since they scale above Brandish? Or do we just assume X793 Brandish is now stronger than the top Spriggans?

Last edited:
New chapter is out

Athena II doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as strong as the original Athena but she could still take many attacks from Lightning Fire Dragon Mode Natsu. Lucy’s spirits which are comparable to her are keeping up with Gray and the Alchemy dolls. Sai used Rival Bond Alchemy which he said in Chapter 113 switches the target with someone of similar strength. Gray was switched with Natsu and Lucy was switched with Brandish. So Base Gray is now confirmed in series to be comparable to Base Natsu and not just through author statement. And Brandish is comparable to Post-Elentear Lucy who is in turn comparable to Post-Elentear Base Gray. So wait does this make some of the stronger Spriggans like Base Irene and Base August 5-B+ since they scale above Brandish? Or do we just assume X793 Brandish is now stronger than the top Spriggans?

Did you even read the chapter? Sai literally states that he swaps his target with someone/something they are thinking about. Granted most people's rivals are people comparable to themselves, though that depends on what the rivalry is about.

Upgrading base August and Irene is somewhat unnecessary as their powered up forms are 5-A meaning they would partially keep their scaling regardless of the brandish upgrade.

Did you even read the chapter? Sai literally states that he swaps his target with someone/something they are thinking about. Granted most people's rivals are people comparable to themselves, though that depends on what the rivalry is about.

Upgrading base August and Irene is somewhat unnecessary as their powered up forms are 5-A meaning they would partially keep their scaling regardless of the brandish upgrade.
I know that’s what he said in this chapter. But he also said that Rival Bond Alchemy swaps them with someone they are comparable to in chapter 113. So I assume the different bonds have different activating conditions outside of needing the target to think about them.

It just feels weird to see Irene and August be the only ones that have a tier 6 base form when their full power is tier 5. Like Elefseria and Dogramag are also 5-B+ with Human Form and 5-A with Dragon Form. Feels weird for Irene and August to be the only one that aren’t like that when everybody else is the same. And now that there possibly is evidence for tier 5 Base Irene and August might as well push for it.

Larcade might be able scale if we assume Brandish never got stronger due to him self proclaiming himself as the third strongest Spriggan and God Serena does have the Goldarts statement not to mention he’s fighting Jellal soon. I’ve always thought that the top 4 Spriggans were probably tier 5 after we got tier 5 feats and now there are actually some evidence for it.

I know that’s what he said in this chapter. But he also said that Rival Bond Alchemy swaps them with someone they are comparable to in chapter 113. So I assume the different bonds have different activating conditions outside of needing the target to think about them.

It just feels weird to see Irene and August be the only ones that have a tier 6 base form when their full power is tier 5. Like Elefseria and Dogramag are also 5-B+ with Human Form and 5-A with Dragon Form. Feels weird for Irene and August to be the only one that aren’t like that when everybody else is the same. And now that there possibly is evidence for tier 5 Base Irene and August might as well push for it.

Larcade might be able scale if we assume Brandish never got stronger due to him self proclaiming himself as the third strongest Spriggan and God Serena does have the Goldarts statement not to mention he’s fighting Jellal soon. I’ve always thought that the top 4 Spriggans were probably tier 5 after we got tier 5 feats and now there are actually some evidence for it.
I suppose different bonds could have different activation conditions but we don't know for sure.

Technically August is the only one with a tier 6 base as Irene's dragon form is her default state with her human form being a weaker form she adopts of backstory reasons. It also should be noted that Brandish was able to shank base August rather easily so his base probably shouldn't be upgraded.

Ehh that time with Brandish was more of a surprise back stab on August so I wouldn’t consider that a legitimate reasoning for August not being tier 5 in Base. Also isn’t Irene just like Elefseria? Human turned dragon with Dragon Form being their default form now? Like that’s kinda why I thought Irene should be tier 5 with her Human Form just like Elefseria since he’s tier 5 in both forms.

Ehh that time with Brandish was more of a surprise back stab on August so I wouldn’t consider that a legitimate reasoning for August not being tier 5 in Base. Also isn’t Irene just like Elefseria? Human turned dragon with Dragon Form being their default form now? Like that’s kinda why I thought Irene should be tier 5 with her Human Form just like Elefseria since he’s tier 5 in both forms.
Nowhere in the series is it said that wizards are more susceptible to damage when caught by surprise.

Yes they are the same in that respect, however elefseria's human form has higher tier feats than irene's.

Elef and Dog are 5-B/5-A because they scale to or above people with 5-B+ feats/scaling. It’s not just some random thing because we feel like scaling them there. Human SBT Acno would be tier 10 if there was no scaling for him or he only had completely trash feats. No feats or statements to go higher = sucks to suck.

Well yeah I know that. But now we actually do have a possible tier 5 scaling for them thanks to Sai’s Rival Bond Alchemy’s mechanics explained in chapter 113. Though I guess that’s only if we currently consider X793 Brandish to still be as strong as her X792 self.

Listen guys, it's dumb, but Brandish got one of those random "Must stay relevant" off screen powerups. You can't use the argument that she doesn't train. Cause like, the Oracion Seis got FAR FAR FAR stronger by sitting in a prison for 7 years... So yeah, you can just GET stronger. I mean hell, Sting and Rogue are supposedly still relevant to Base Natsu, despite Base Natsu now being relative to Base Suzaku. I mean how do a Sting and Rogue that haven't done jack shit stay relevant to a dude who one-shot a Natsu that can one-shot Spriggans when they couldn't even solo a Spriggan a year ago? It's just because writing happens and we gotta accept it.

Dumbass powerups happen, and both Brandish and God Serena have them

Back