• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adressing the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King [Fairy Tail]

Saqphire

She/Her
Hello, this will be a thread/a very coherent rant about the Celestial Spirit King and his Eclipse versions (for further references, CSK and ECSK) and challenge his High 6-C status, his outlier status and/or his Eclipse versions’ canonicity to the main Fairy Tail story.

My premise is that the CSK’s scaling shouldn’t be blocked from one WOG statement.

Arguments​

The main reason as to why this wiki scale the CSK and his Eclipse versions vastly below people like the Spriggan 12 is mainly because of one afterword statement from Hiro Mashima about the Spriggans. That’s it.

There is absolutely no other indication in the source manga, nor in the 100 Years Quest that states or implies that the Spriggans are stronger than the prime version of the CSK or his Eclipse versions whatsoever. There is no feat, no statement and no implication of that in the two mangas or the anime at all is what I’m trying to say, which brings me no choice but to bring up the statement page of this wiki, namely Option 5 and the ”WoG” definition in the glossary

The author is the one calling the Green Knight indestructible outside of the story. As the previous option, this should be examined in the context of the story. A character being described as invincible, indestructible or all powerful in one setting might not be in the same position when compared to characters from other settings.
An abbreviation for "Word of God." It represents Author, or editorial, statements about a certain franchise, and/or its characters. However, take note that if this heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats, we tend to disregard them.

The statement I’m talking about clearly falls under option 5 as it’s an afterword statement outside of the story and this would mean that the Spriggans might be the strongest characters in history, if we take the context of the manga narrative of the Alvarez arc, namely them fighting on Earthland. This means if we take that statement to face value, it would be contradicted by putting those characters in the CSK/ECSK setting aka if they fought the CSK/ECSK in their arcs/in their world, not summoned by anyone, looking at their tier 4-2 feats, the Spriggans would get hilariously stomped, Irene and August included.

What I’m saying is that the WoG statement is being contradicted by the source material aka the CSK and the ECSK.

We’d think this if we look at the CSK and the ECSK’s feats that show that his narrative is clearly to be above everyone in the verse with mid tier 4 to tier 2 level feats whereas the Spriggan’s narrative brings out feats that are vastly below that.

And see, when we scale people, we take narrative over feats/statements and feats along with reliable statements (This was done when the ECSK’s arc was considered canon and nobody wanted to upscale the verse to 4-B or higher because of Fairy Tail’s narrative).

Goal​

This argument/CRT, if accepted, leads me to conclude that we should dismiss that afterword statement because of said contradictions, evaluate the feats from the Spriggans individually (their tier doesn’t have to change, I’m simply putting the CSK’s narrative above theirs via feats) and put the CSK’s Full Power key to either 4-A or Low 2-C for MASSIVELY outscaling everyone in the verse (yes, this includes Acnologia) via his feats and statements + his source material narrative trumping over the Spriggan afterword statement and the fact that nobody else in the verse has feats that’s even close to the CSK’s.

However this would NOT apply to the CSK summoned by Lucy as his power as a Celestial Spirit is directly tied to her own (Fairy Tail: Chapter 386 and 100 Years Quest: Chapter 72).

Who’d scale to him? The answer is absolutely nobody, which the narrative would support by having him never be defeated by anyone without any significant circumstances.

The Celestial Spirit World​

I had an oversight and thought the CSW was already accepted to be a separate universe (Low 2-C), which I will explain in the OP here:

The Celestial Spirit World is portrayed numerous of times, both in the manga and the anime to be a dimension with a starry sky, which is the baseline for 4-A. This world is also stated in the anime to be an infinite void of space, shadow and time with a different temporal dimension from Earthland which is also I believe a requirement for low 2-C.

Options if Accepted

And with that, we face two options:

Option A) Upgrade his Eclipse versions to 4-A or 2-C for the feats in that arc plus being stated to be capable of affecting Earthland and the Celestial Spirit World at the same time.

Keys would look like this:
High 6-C | Low 2-C | 2-C | 2-C
or alternatively
High 6-C | 4-A | 4-A | 4-A

Or B) We straight up delete the arc from being canon in the first place and therefore we remove his Eclipse keys and his feats from his page. There are arguments for both sides aka there are arguments for that arc being canon that has already been accepted and there are counter-arguments for that arc.

His keys would look like this if we pick option B:
High 6-C | Low 2-C

alternatively
High 6-C | 4-A

In this manner, this wouldn’t break the main scaling of the verse and it would make both sides of the Fairy Tail scaling community very happy.

Agree (Option A):
Agree (Option B):
Neutral:
Disagree:

Oh and as always, be polite and read through the arguments properly please. Fallacious arguments, especially from incredulity and disbelief and unneccessary comments such as ”move this to fun and games”, will NOT be tolerated or considered and if it gets too much I will personally ask the staff to move this to the staff-only section.

Last edited:
I disagree. The Tier 4-2 Feats are all massive outliers, and you didn’t provide any evidence to overrule them as outliers.

Not to mention, if you upgrade the Celestial Spirit King, you also upgrade Natsu and the others. Which again, leads to outliers as their feats are around Tier 5.

There’s also the fact that CSK fought Mard Geer in the past and was matched up against him, so he shouldn’t scale above his tier right now at all.

I disagree. The Tier 4-2 Feats are all massive outliers, and you didn’t provide any evidence to overrule them as outliers.

Not to mention, if you upgrade the Celestial Spirit King, you also upgrade Natsu and the others. Which again, leads to outliers as their feats are around Tier 5.

There’s also the fact that CSK fought Mard Geer in the past and was matched up against him, so he shouldn’t scale above his tier right now at all.
I’m sorry but did you just not read my post properly ? The point is to NOT upgrade Natsu and everyone else because of the reasons you just stated. The narrative of the CSK trumps any statement about the Spriggans from Mashima, he’s contradicting himself here by showing the ECSK having tier 2 level feats and everyone else having tier 5 level feats. There are examples of evidence at face value that other people has used for other CRT’s that would actually speak FOR high tier Fairy Tail, but as I already adressed, the narrative needs to support those feats aswell. I’m simply stating the CSK’s narrative also counts here

The only time as far as I know that Mard Geer and the CSK has met, besides the on-screen fight, was ”quite some time ago”. This is unquantifiable because we don’t know anything at all about that meeting. We don’t know if they even fought, we don’t know if the fight, if there was one, was as different as the on-screen fight was, etcetera. So we can’t use that as an argument. And I already adressed how MG matched up to the CSK in the on-screen fight

Last edited:
Disagree, there is no confirmation that the celestial spirit world is a 4-A or 2-C scale space-time continuum. In fact the building sized planets imply it is quite small.

Disagree, there is no confirmation that the celestial spirit world is a 4-A or 2-C scale space-time continuum. In fact the building sized planets imply it is quite small.
The Celestial Spirit World is portrayed numerous of times, both in the manga and the anime to be a dimension with a starry sky, which is the baseline for 4-A. This world is also stated in the anime to be an infinite void of space, shadow and time with a different temporal dimension from Earthland which is also I believe a requirement for low 2-C.
There's nothing tier 3, let alone tier 2 that you've posted within the OP.
Oh my fault, I thought that those tier 4-2 level feats were already accepted to be tier 4-2 just that they were considered outliers, so I didn’t think I needed to post them.

I’ll update the OP right away

Who’d scale to him? The answer is absolutely nobody, which the narrative would support by having him never be defeated by anyone without any significant circumstances.
Actually countless word of God and in-story statements would mean Spriggans, DDSK, Dragon Gods, Acnologia, and countless others would scale above the Eclipse Celestial Spirit... You cannot just state that it would apply solely to the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King, that's not how it works... Like the Fairy Tail Guild saw and explicitly knows how strong the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King is and then goes on to say many times later that Acnologia, Spriggans, DDSK's, and more are stronger than anything they faced prior...

You either argue countless characters scale to the Eclipse Celestial Spirit King or you claim these feats are outliers, which they clearly are as nothing else even from the God Tiers comes even remotely to Tier 4... I mean Spriggans have High 6-A hype, yet they would scale above this Tier 4 guy, so yeah...

Hard disagree with the OP

It doesn't make much sense, mainly because Mashima himself has already said that Acnologia is the most powerful in Fairy Tail.

That assumes: 1) that the stars are real full size stars not tiny fakes like the 'planets'. And 2) even if it was a dimension with a true starry sky the CSK would only get the 4-A (or higher) rating if he created the dimension.

Back