• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

zeref non duality type1

As we know, ankhseram separates its user from life and death, etc. Such non-binary characters exist outside and independently of non-binary logical systems, without transcending them at any level, that is, a transcendence is not necessary, it is just enough that life and death do not affect it, if this issue If you have positive thoughts about it, I will open a CRT.

I agree if it is completely independent of the concepts of life and death, otherwise it would just be resistance, but it sounds logical so I guess yes.

Hmmmmmm, not sure if we can really say Zeref is removed from life and death, because I think he’s still very much alive, is there more evidence? Because characters like Natsu can hurt and injure Zeref, so it’s not as if he’s completely separate from life

Hmmmmmm, not sure if we can really say Zeref is removed from life and death, because I think he’s still very much alive, is there more evidence? Because characters like Natsu can hurt and injure Zeref, so it’s not as if he’s completely separate from life
A character must transcend death and life to kill Zeref, and Natsu cannot kill Zeref either, only dealing lethal damage, which is what happens due to the plot. Natsu's scarf protects Natsu from Ankhseram and Zeref is unaffected by Life and Death. Zeref is completely independent and superior to life and death. The devil in Zeref's books, Memonto Mori, confirms this, so ND1 seems logical.

Disagree. The evidence presented doesn’t actually say Zeref is outside life and death, something supported by Zeref (biggest and wrinkliest brain in the verse as an 8 year old) constantly telling us he wants to die and is sick of living, and Zeref and Mavis die to death hax powered by love. Hardly outside of life and death from what I can see. The statement from Mard could potentially support the OP but Zeref already has other powers which can account for his concept of life and death getting erased such as his regen just getting bumped to high godly or whatever, or he just resists. We already know Devil Slayers can resist MM’s effects and Zeref is on record for knowing more magic than August who … knows all magic? Ducking fiction man.

Disagree. The evidence presented doesn’t actually say Zeref is outside life and death, something supported by Zeref (biggest and wrinkliest brain in the verse as an 8 year old) constantly telling us he wants to die and is sick of living, and Zeref and Mavis die to death hax powered by love. Hardly outside of life and death from what I can see. The statement from Mard could potentially support the OP but Zeref already has other powers which can account for his concept of life and death getting erased such as his regen just getting bumped to high godly or whatever, or he just resists. We already know Devil Slayers can resist MM’s effects and Zeref is on record for knowing more magic than August who … knows all magic? Ducking fiction man.
Since Zeref wants to resurrect his brother, Ankhseram, the god of life and death, comes into play. You support my claim by saying that he is almost outside life and death. We see many times in the series that Zeref defeated the god of life and death, and that life and death do not affect him.

Since Zeref wants to resurrect his brother, Ankhseram, the god of life and death, comes into play. You support my claim by saying that he is almost outside life and death. We see many times in the series that Zeref defeated the god of life and death, and that life and death do not affect him.
… what are you waffling about? Are you referring to when I say Mard’s statement could potentially support the CRT’s proposal? Cuz that is specifically if the statement was in a vacuum and we weren’t constantly told that Zeref is alive, wants to die, died to death hax, could possibly die to the power of Igneel (cough power of the dead cough) etc.

Trust me when I say I don’t support the CRT at all and neither does my post.

… what are you waffling about? Are you referring to when I say Mard’s statement could potentially support the CRT’s proposal? Cuz that is specifically if the statement was in a vacuum and we weren’t constantly told that Zeref is alive, wants to die, died to death hax, could possibly die to the power of Igneel (cough power of the dead cough) etc.

Trust me when I say I don’t support the CRT at all and neither does my post.
Technically someone cannot be dead regardless of life and death and is there a panel where Igneel can kill Zeref where exactly does this take place?

Technically someone cannot be dead regardless of life and death and is there a panel where Igneel can kill Zeref where exactly does this take place?
When Natsu first goes to confront Zeref, Invel and their army. Zeref straight up tells us that Natsu could kill him with Igneel’s power. Note that Igneel can’t do it (no reason for Natsu’s existence if he could) and it has nothing to do with him in particular, just that Natsu had the opportunity to use his magic after he died which served as a valid way to end the CoC.

When Natsu first goes to confront Zeref, Invel and their army. Zeref straight up tells us that Natsu could kill him with Igneel’s power. Note that Igneel can’t do it (no reason for Natsu’s existence if he could) and it has nothing to do with him in particular, just that Natsu had the opportunity to use his magic after he died which served as a valid way to end the CoC.
As a result, isn't this a hyperbole? I mean, no one has been able to kill Zeref in the series so far.

Disagree

The statement about eliminating the concepts of life and death in order to kill Zeref directly indicates that he is bound to them, not lacking them

Also, you opened this thread as Q&A instead of content revision. I recommend you to ask a staff member to move this to the CR section

As a result, isn't this a hyperbole? I mean, no one has been able to kill Zeref in the series so far.
My guy. How did you read my post and conclude that it is hyperbole? Also, what do you mean no one has been able to kill Zeref? Bro has been dead for over a year in the setting and for over half a decade in publication history. Am I tweaking rn? Did I mysteriously go back in time to before Mavis and Zeref got murder-suicided?

A character must transcend death and life to kill Zeref, and Natsu cannot kill Zeref either, only dealing lethal damage, which is what happens due to the plot. Natsu's scarf protects Natsu from Ankhseram and Zeref is unaffected by Life and Death. Zeref is completely independent and superior to life and death. The devil in Zeref's books, Memonto Mori, confirms this, so ND1 seems logical.
Isn't Natsu with END the only person that can kill Zeref permanently?

Disagree

The statement about eliminating the concepts of life and death in order to kill Zeref directly indicates that he is bound to them, not lacking them

Also, you opened this thread as Q&A instead of content revision. I recommend you to ask a staff member to move this to the CR section
I didn't open this as an add-on, I opened it as a question and answer because I don't have full knowledge of nd1.

He was personally created to kill Zeref and gives him a special scarf to protect him from the ankhseram. It was created to kill Zeref. This does not mean that he will kill, he could not kill Zeref in the war anyway, he was given the chance to reincarnate by Ankhseram.

My guy. How did you read my post and conclude that it is hyperbole? Also, what do you mean no one has been able to kill Zeref? Bro has been dead for over a year in the setting and for over half a decade in publication history. Am I tweaking rn? Did I mysteriously go back in time to before Mavis and Zeref got murder-suicided?
Zeref is not dead. In his last battle with Natsu, Ankhseram gives Zeref and Mavis one more chance and imprisons them in Natsu's mind. Natsu cannot kill Zeref.

I know that being free from the concepts of life and death gives immo 5 or 6, I'm not sure
For me it is 100% valid for type 8 immortality reliant in the concepts of Life and Death.

I know there are better examples but I'm lazy and soul eater should always be mentioned because yes.

Last edited:
Can you put all your arguments in the op or will you be doing that in the crt?
The main reason for opening this question and answer is that I do not have much information about nd1. I have already proven that Zeref is independent of life and death, but the problem is that there are characters that can kill Zeref. If we reach a clear conclusion in the discussion, I will present more arguments in CRT.

For me it is 100% valid for type 8 immortality reliant in the concepts of Life and Death.

I know there are better examples but I'm lazy and soul eater should always be mentioned because yes.
It makes sense, Zeref already gets immo8 from the fairy heart.

This is evidence against your claim. Not to mention that zeref is under the power of the God of life and death not beyond it.
I'm not saying it's beyond life and death, I'm saying it's independent of life and death. Zeref is a stronger being than Ankhseram. You just have to be superior to life and death to kill Zeref. I didn't say Zeref is superior to life and death.

As we know, ankhseram separates its user from life and death, etc. Such non-binary characters exist outside and independently of non-binary logical systems, without transcending them at any level, that is, a transcendence is not necessary, it is just enough that life and death do not affect it, if this issue If you have positive thoughts about it, I will open a CRT.
My own opinion is that Zeref transcends life and death, and from here transduality 1 is more appropriate because not only these, but also good and evil, life and death, light and darkness, and space between If we include the binaries in time, approximately zeref is more than 4 binaries, so td1 would be more logical.

My own opinion is that Zeref transcends life and death, and from here transduality 1 is more appropriate because not only these, but also good and evil, life and death, light and darkness, and space between If we include the binaries in time, approximately zeref is more than 4 binaries, so td1 would be more logical.
Duality has been removed and replaced by nonduality, regardless of whether it is independent or transcendent, it gives ND1. Zeref is separate from life and death. Zeref creates Natsu to kill Zeref himself, so I find it natural that Natsu damages Zeref, which is independent of death and life, and also in cases such as regeneration and ankhseram not being used in the fairy heart.

Normally, yes, but Zeref tells Natsu that you cannot kill me, and one of the purposes of Natsu's creation was to kill Zeref, but that failed, and Zeref reincarnated with Anksheram.

Normally, yes, but Zeref tells Natsu that you cannot kill me, and one of the purposes of Natsu's creation was to kill Zeref, but that failed, and Zeref reincarnated with Anksheram.
Zeref giving Natsu the strap to protect him from Ankhseram also allows him to deal damage because that scarf absorbs Ankhseram energy.

Duality has been removed and replaced by nonduality, regardless of whether it is independent or transcendent, it gives ND1. Zeref is separate from life and death. Zeref creates Natsu to kill Zeref himself, so I find it natural that Natsu damages Zeref, which is independent of death and life, and also in cases such as regeneration and ankhseram not being used in the fairy heart.
There are parts of what I agree with when he says, but Zeref goes beyond what I said and at the same time, Zeref cannot use the mid godly regen in the fairy heart form because it reduces the effect of anksheram. (This happens with Fairy Heart, since its absolute purpose is to get rid of Anksheram.)

There are parts of what I agree with when he says, but Zeref goes beyond what I said and at the same time, Zeref cannot use the mid godly regen in the fairy heart form because it reduces the effect of anksheram. (This happens with Fairy Heart, since its absolute purpose is to get rid of Anksheram.)
Defeating the god of life and death does not constitute qualitative transcendence, so the transcendence part is ambiguous.

(At the same time, you cannot kill someone who has transcended life and death with life and death. Transduality still makes sense to me)

Back