• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 4: actually on time this time edition (aka thread 9)

Eden watches Aranil and the newcomer teleport into the monastery. He forms a chair and watches from near the shinju

I begin looking around Makai. I greet people with a friendly smile whenever I pass them by. The buildings alone already give me ideas for devices I could create. As I continue walking around, I come across a weapon shop and head in.

As you enter, the shop keep greets you, he seems to be a demon. As you wonder around, you see fans, guns, swords, sheilds, grenades, bombs, and all sorts of super tech weapons.

There seems to be a large selection of railguns, antimatter guns, guns that atomize things, guns that destroy things on the planck level, sound guns, and much more.

After finished "Observing" the city, I turn my eyes to what around it, starting with the crystal forest. In a flash, I make a jump of space to there, and began taking note.

I begin looking at the antimatter guns and Planck particle guns, inspecting them to see what the differences between models are. I also check to see if there is an indicator of price in a currency I recognize.

Overlord775 said:
@Faruel

[She ment your clayoviance, also you have been using you magic detection to learn about magic that is continents away from you]
[Clairvoyance only shows me the way to the place where I want to go and the perception of magic sources allows me to do exactly what it says, not to detect the dangers, even if I have precognition, it does not work regardless of my control , I use it as Enryu or as Johnny Cage, through dreams]

[I wanted to add a note, every time I use the combination of Drevis's clairvoyance spell and Enryu's precognition to see in the future where it will take me, I will simply say "I will use Seeker to search for the place / person", because I find some it is annoying to have to write the list of things I have to do to look for a particular place or person]

[@Faruel

After going trought a bit of research ...

"During the battle against Reflejo, the real Thorn fully unwrapped itself, revealing its original appearance, along with orange energy rings around it, and was considered by Reflejo to have 'chosen' Baam as its master. When awakened, the Thorn allowed Baam's Flow Control to be effective against the previously immune Reflejo and Koon deduced that it was forcibly controlling the Shinsoo around the area, a power that he considered "near god-like" "

This is the only info i found regarding it's ability to negate resistances

and considering that the only other resistance negation i've found looking in the pages of The Tower of God was Urek Mazino's negation against resistance of Shinsoo abilties

It's pretty safe to say that the Thorn only negates Resistance to Shinsoo Manipulation

Also the Thorn is a physical weapon that functions by massivelly boosting your control over Shinzoo, which is also how it bypasses Regenerationn and immortalities.]

[Yeah, I only have magic resist not time hax resist. Though I'm pretty sure that if I had time hax resist, negating reistance to magic and using magic based time hax wouldn't bypass the time hax resistance.]

[Problem is, that unless his resistance to time manipulation is a result of him resisting magic, you wouldn't be able to nullify it

Edit: got ninja'ed hard there]

Oh, so that Alexander was the guy that caused the bombing in Amera Quite the supprise @Dragon

"Welcome back, Silas."

I greet you.

@Chistian

"Shhhh, there's no need to shout Boris, A good nap will help you think straight "

The shielder clones tells you with a soft and warm tone of voice, while continuing to apply sleep power.

[Does anyone know what the crystal forrest and frozen lake in Makai look like, and is all of that basically it in the realm?]

[Whatever the case, from what was said by HI3, until Thorn denies High-D resistances (which it does not do) is fine for him.

And as I was told for my continued request to have resistance to Soul manip. for Phaethon, "if it's in his profile I have it"

Enryu's profile explicitly says "Has Resistance Negation with Thorn"

So I just follow what the profile says]

[Well doesn't matter anyway, I don't have time stop resistance, and my magic resistance is probably not strong enough to resist magic that stops time anyway.]

["If it's on the profile, you have it" was specifically for Phaeton. If the Thorn can't negate any non-higher-d resistance then it can't.]

[Sorry its just 'You and me have to talk.' seemed more like a a statement to me me not a question so I was waiting for you to do whatever you were doing next.]

"Sure, go ahead, not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon"

Alexander says confidently not caring at all that he is frozen in place.

[Yep, the D = Dimensional, it basically comes from resisting the powers of a higher dimensional being, meaning their reistances are above what normal resistance resist and they make the owner immune to lower dimensional powers they resist.]

@ Everything 12

[To specify, however, mine was a request of the type "Reply when you want, just reply" and not an instantaneous request]

"I had a vision of the future ... which specifically concerns you and several buildings in flames ... I hope you have a justification for this" I ask.

"Hello I'm Alexander Samuel Stratos, whats your name? And honestly I don't know what I'm going to do in the future, I'm very spontanteous I could have any reason to be surronded by flaming buildings in the future, maybe I'm fighting a bad guy and they destroyed the building in the fighting."

Despite the interogation going on, Alexander remains calm with a unmoving smirk on his face, seemingly treating this like a joke.

I look at the boy who calls himself Alexander with a suspicious look.

"First of all, if you try to manipulate me with your words ... know that it doesn't work on me"

"And second ... if you are lying to me ... that's what will happen to you" I say, taking a fruit and dismantling it to the last molecule.

[Charisma skill is a kind of mental manipulation? Why do I have the resistance to mental manipulation of a High 6-A while Caesar is a 7-A]

[Alexander isn't trying to using Charisma]

"You know its customary to give your own name when someone tells you theirs, and neet trick you got their can you pull a bunny out of a hat."

"My name is Aranil," I say, in a calm but still angry tone.

[I still have the extreme senses of Iron Fist to see if Alexander lies or not]

"Nice to meet you Aranil, I hope we get along well, but as I stated before precognition isn't one of my powers so I have no idea what events will lead to the future you saw."

"The future I saw has already happened"

"Stop with this farce and admit your guilt ... because right now I don't have the time or the patience to take care of another idiot who makes things explode ... the last time I had anything to do with such a person has bombed an entire continent "

"So ... I would like to know what you did next, because I saw you in a place surrounded by ice after seeing the exploding buildings ... and not lying ... because I have skills that allow me to understand if you are lying or less"

"If you tell the truth ... and you will reveal to me if you did something to other people ... I promise that I will not kill you ... or at least I will try to not burning you"

"Well if you previously saw a future that has alreayd happened now then you should have explained that, its not my fault I was confused by the your wording."

"honestly I feel slightly offended Mr. Aranil, assuming I did something just becuase you saw a glimpse of me next to some burning buidlings, their could have been numerous reasons a super powered individual such as myself could have been their, after all do you know how many buildings recently exploded in America, I could have coincidently next to any one of them, though truthfully I was over in Eurasia when the buildings were exploded so that wasn't it, I could have also been their to save the people who were in damage because of the burning buildings, and yet here you are blaming me with no solid evidence jsut because you saw me next to some burning buildings."

"Though to answer your question I was in the Arctic or Australia, what are we calling that place nowdays? But anyway I was their waiting for some super-powered individual to sense my powerful magical energies, or whatever they sense, so that I could meet them and hopefully get to now them better, after all your only the 6th such individual I met and I thought it would interesting to get to know some more, so I decied to go to a secluded place so I would stand out more on your radars, or whatever you use to detect others. Of course I didn't meet any so I basically just went to entertain myself which eventually led to a Hawaiin vacation which led me to hear about Gaea in the news there."

Aranil listened carefully to every word Alexander had said, then narrowed his eyes.

"I never mentioned that the buildings were in America," I say.

"I never said they were the buildings you mentioned, its just that I was using an example that their were so many buildings exploding in America because of the terroism attack that I could have just happened to be by one, though like I said I was in Euroasia, exploring after the radiation had gone, by the time the explosions happened and haven't returned to America since, unless you count Hawaii as America, so the burning buildings couldn't have been that."

Back