• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reacting to the Pizza Burning - VCRPG minor speed revision

XitSign

He/Him
I've been meaning to do this ever since it came up in this thread, but life has a funny way of being full of distractions. Anyways, the speed situation for the pizzeria characters in VCRPG needs a minor touchup:

TLDR of the current scaling situation, all characters are scaled to Average Human speeds due to a lack of any travel feats, but have a few reactionary feats:

'Subsonic/At least Subsonic' due to characters being able to dodge gunfire, for example from the Security Guard's Handgun attack.

'at most FTL' due to characters being able to dodge light-based attacks such as the Attendant's use of the Light Gun (an actual 'light fun' taken from an arcade machine), as well as Limelight and Encore which involve flashing stage lights on the victim. as examples.

Characters avoid these attacks in-battle, and these attacks can be avoided more effectively by the boosting of the 'evade' stat by abilities such as the sugar rush.

Speed is rated this way because of the turn-based nature of the series making it hard to judge distance and actual dodge time-frames, as there are no animations to show how far these attacks travel or how the characters dodge, or if aim dodging is even a factor. So we gave these 'possibly' ratings for the low and high ends'.

However these are all listed as 'reactions', which has lead to an issue with our Speed Equalization rule. Since their reactions are higher than their base speed, it was pointed out they should in theory have a massive advantage in all their matchups if we're understanding the rule right.

But I think this is moreso a mistake of the profiles. The characters are tagging each other in combat despite these dodges, so I think the rating should be updated to a 'possible combat speed' rather than a 'possible reaction speed'.

So simple proposal:

All One Night at the Steeze and No Delivery characters should have an updated speed section that is:

'At least Average Human with possibly Subsonic to at most FTL combat speeds'

Join me next time as we add more scans to make the profiles better as well as references because these profiles predate that standard and need updated...I am a one man-show however, so that might take a while.

Back