• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Earl's gripe with V's feat isn't a wholly DMC problem. I think his problem is how the site treats perfect dodges and I-frames as legitimate reactionary feats.

This would make it a problem for a lot of video game verses.

I believe Earl's gripe with V's feat isn't a wholly DMC problem. I think his problem is how the site treats perfect dodges and I-frames as legitimate reactionary feats.

This would make it a problem for a lot of video game verses.
Then wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a thread on that general issue instead of going back and forth here?

It's much easier for me personally to take verses one by one and look at the scenario at hand, instead of arguing about theoretical examples. I need a concrete example to say "did he react or did he not react?".

I am currently going over why neither of these guys are really moving/acting after the lightning or laser has been fired. As long as there is no movement after that then it is just not speed as simple as that, speed requires you to move. If other verses have cases like these where the character literally does not move at all, then that is something i will look at after i look at their "specific cases and feats to see whether it applies or not". Similar to how Oven said "sekirio has the same thing and it's accepted", even though Sekirio's case is much different.

You can "just block" by predicting though, i once again love how you're just saying "oh you're ignoring this" clearly without understanding the core problem being "finishing an action in time not necessarily being speed as you don't really need to react and can definitely have started earlier".

That fight with Geryon though ugh. The bolts of electricity Geryon uses are "definitely" not lightning, they don't even work how electricity is supposed to work. As for the electricity that comes from above, while that could be lightning (going just by the visuals) V is absolutely not reacting to any of them (or at least not to their speed).
Geryon doesnt use the electricity, Cavalier Angelo who is riding Geryon does. All of Cavalier Angelo’s attacks are MHS based on using Trish as a power source along with using her techniques. You can watch Dante fight Cavalier Angelo on DMD to see it’s CTG attacks, movements and abilities etc.

Not trying to be mean but if you played the games this thread would go much more smoothly and I wouldn't have to explain basic stuff.

How is using Trish as a powersource proof of Angelo's attacks being MHS. Dude what even. Also i have played DMC3 through 5. But i am failing to see all these hip hops in arguing we're doing here.

Trish herself does not have enough proof for MHS electricity, let alone a dude who absorbed her and launches what is not even normal electricity but rather bolts of it that CLEARLY move at much slower speed than the lightning he uses in that same fight. Honestly if you say those bolts are equal in speed to the lightning he uses in that same fight, you'd be lying straight out of your teeth.

And let's not forget that having the power of a girl with electricity doesn't mean you can't use that electricity in different ways. As is the case with the rain of electricity vs the bolts of electricity.

Then wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a thread on that general issue instead of going back and forth here?
Alot of people doesnt know how to deal with gameplay feats since they are so used to anime and animated media, and even so, there is another problem which is people trying to disproof feats using bad gameplay of a player aim dodging instead of timed dodge (which would be a perfect dodge where in lore the character reacted really fast to the attack instead of aim dodging).
And also i pretty sure is already common sense to ignore obvious gameplay mechanics and gameplay feats when they goes against scalling making them invalid. And for DMC's case, the abilitie description shows what is really happening when visuals are not being clear.
So i not sure if this thread should be closed to discute about gameplay reaction feats in general.

How is using Trish as a powersource proof of Angelo's attacks being MHS. Dude what even. Also i have played DMC3 through 5. But i am failing to see all these hip hops in arguing we're doing here.

Trish herself does not have enough proof for MHS electricity, let alone a dude who absorbed her and launches what is not even normal electricity but rather bolts of it that CLEARLY move at much slower speed than the lightning he uses in that same fight. Honestly if you say those bolts are equal in speed to the lightning he uses in that same fight, you'd be lying straight out of your teeth.
Hmm you sure you played DMC 5 ? Because DMC 5 states Trish throws lighting bolts, and also states Cavalier is capable of throwing lighting bolts at you and he does have cloud to ground lighting attack in gameplay, she also conducts eletricity at dante on DMC 1 at 2:24 and cloud to ground teleport at 32:19 and here on the anime Trish conducts eletricity on beryls rocket at 12:43, she does have AP for it, just check the profiles and the DMC 4 novel hints Trish is capable of fighting Savior who is capable of destroying Fortuna, and even by Low ball stantards she would still get bare minimum 8-C by scalling and being able to hurt with the power of Lighting on the description of her move set (and lets not forget the lighting statements from DMC 5).

@Firephoenixearl

Cavalier's own attacks are proof, Trish being a MHS lightning demon is support.

You played DMC 3-5 but thought Geryon used electricity? Strange.

Trish scales above Blitz so she's MHS.
All DMC3 demon bosses scale above Blitz so they are MHS.
Geryon in DMC5 scales above Blitz so it is MHS.
Cavalier Angelo scales above Blitz so it's MHS.

How the what? Nani?

Trish scales above blitz in SPEED?
Excuse me can you actually show me any sort of case where trish is shown or implied to outspeed a Blitz when he's doing the teleport thingy.

How the what? Nani?

Trish scales above blitz in SPEED?
Excuse me can you actually show me any sort of case where trish is shown or implied to outspeed a Blitz when he's doing the teleport thingy.
She out speed Blitz because she is above lesser demons,which is what Blitz is, a lesser demon.

She is above lesser demons which means she is faster than a dude who "specializes" in speed? Not happening without some concrete that that is the case.

4. no actually they arent. we can clearly see whats happening if we see the cut scene as the devs intended. not slowed down to oblivion.

as mentioned above i proved that dante did react to it by putting some sort of barrier
also your point of the cut happening at the same time can also be dismissed because of the inconsistency between lighting in each scenes.

as we can see when he fired the beam it pretty much lit up the entire corner of the room he was in. also

we can see here that when he was charging it, the glow was reaching his eyes and it only got bigger

not only do we find no sign of these in the screen shots you provided but the devs probably intended to make dante react to it.
the fact that this whole screenshot lasts like 30MS, never intended to be observable by real humans

also see here when dante was reacting we find no such shine in any point after mundus fires.

and trish moving dante out of the way of the first beam is clearly an outlier since it would imply that dante with DSS < trish in terms of speed which breaks the scaling also probably PIS as KOS said

Last edited:
Doesn't mean that the upper demons scale above him in things like speed. Scaling just doesn't work like that. Especially when he quite literally teleports around with speed.

Alot of people doesnt know how to deal with gameplay feats since they are so used to anime and animated media, and even so, there is another problem which is people trying to disproof feats using bad gameplay of a player aim dodging instead of timed dodge (which would be a perfect dodge where in lore the character reacted really fast to the attack instead of aim dodging).
And also i pretty sure is already common sense to ignore obvious gameplay mechanics and gameplay feats when they goes against scalling making them invalid. And for DMC's case, the abilitie description shows what is really happening when visuals are not being clear.
So i not sure if this thread should be closed to discute about gameplay reaction feats in general.

Hmm you sure you played DMC 5 ? Because DMC 5 states Trish throws lighting bolts, and also states Cavalier is capable of throwing lighting bolts at you and he does have cloud to ground lighting attack in gameplay, she also conducts eletricity at dante on DMC 1 at 2:24 and cloud to ground teleport at 32:19 and here on the anime Trish conducts eletricity on beryls rocket at 12:43, she does have AP for it, just check the profiles and the DMC 4 novel hints Trish is capable of fighting Savior who is capable of destroying Fortuna, and even by Low ball stantards she would still get bare minimum 8-C by scalling and being able to hurt with the power of Lighting on the description of her move set (and lets not forget the lighting statements from DMC 5).

Doesn't mean that the upper demons scale above him in things like speed. Scaling just doesn't work like that. Especially when he quite literally teleports around with speed.
He doesn't literally teleport, he travels as lightning. Yes, it does work like that, nowhere is it stated that Blitz is faster than higher demons and no where is it stated that Blitz's speed are formidable to higher demons.

He doesn't literally teleport, he travels as lightning. Yes, it does work like that, nowhere is it stated that Blitz is faster than higher demons and no where is it stated that Blitz's speed are formidable to higher demons.
That's what i said "teleports with speed". And no, considering how he dodged Dante's blow through that "lightning speed", it DEFINITELY doesn't scale like that. For us to scale like that there needs to be some mention, some proof or some consistent showings of Trish clearly being as fast as Blitz or faster. And considering Blitz's feat, yeah no.

That isn't gonna suffice.

Oh and since we're accepting things that happen in game. Blitz in game definitely moves much faster than Dante, so quite the anti-feat.

That's what i said "teleports with speed". And no, considering how he dodged Dante's blow through that "lightning speed", it DEFINITELY doesn't scale like that. For us to scale like that there needs to be some mention, some proof or some consistent showings of Trish clearly being as fast as Blitz or faster. And considering Blitz's feat, yeah no.

That isn't gonna suffice.

Oh and since we're accepting things that happen in game. Blitz in game definitely moves much faster than Dante, so quite the anti-feat.
Dodging an attack from a casual Dante sure proves Blitz is faster than Dante, I guess that means DMC4 Nero is comparable to DMC4 Dante. Being superior to lesser demons should be enough but traveling as lightning bolt just like Blitz, attacking with lightning bolts, powering a demon armorsuit that travels and fights as a lightning bolt is also enough proof for me.

Oh fair i missed those. Lemme answer them 1 by 1.

>Lightning bolts
Definitely not sold on this one due to the fact that they say "bolts" and "bolts" are by no means how lightning is really supposed to work.

>Cavalliere lightning bolts
Those lightning bolts i've already answered they are definitely not lightning speed considering he uses actual cloud to ground lightning in that fight and it is ridiculously faster than those bolts.

>She conducts electricity on Dante
Someone actually ever refuted Trish having electricity based attacks?

>Cloud to ground teleport
That is still her own lightning she just used it from above though. It's quite literally just a direction change, from horizontal to vertical.

>Conducts electricity
As i said above, who ever refuted that?

>Hints at being able to defeat the Savior
That is not really a hint though, that could have easily meant that Dante just realized Trish would not have been able to beat the Savior so he refused the "want to switch jobs?". But whatever not really an important point, though i still don't see how the Savior scales above Blitz in speed and now Trish scales equal to savior in all regards, it's just no.

@Dienomite22 That's still way more proof than what you have and as i said, the blitz in game moves way faster than Dante, why shouldn't we consider those gameplay "feats"? It clearly happens.

By the way can someone find me a scene of Dante Royal Blocking Cavaliere's rain of lightning? That one might be legit, cus Royal Block in DMC5 has some form of movement depending on where it hits.

By the way can someone find me a scene of Dante Royal Blocking Cavaliere's rain of lightning? That one might be legit, cus Royal Block in DMC5 has some form of movement depending on where it hits.
It's the same ******* move as it is in DMC 3 except with more fluid animations.

@Firephoenixearl
Except if you want to use gameplay then Dante, Trish, Nero, Lady and Vergil perfectly stays locked onto Blitz, following it's every movement even when it "teleporting".
Locking is game mechanics though. And they still cannot do anything during that and he's still quite clearly faster than them. So at most if you wanna count locking as legit, then it's still at most just MHS perception. And that's for DMC4.

No he actually makes a blocking animation behind if he's hit behind in DMC5, he moves his arm.
Yes, it's literally the same ability. DMC5 just animated it properly instead of what happened in DMC3 and 4 where Dante's whole body snaps to the direction the attack hit. It is the exact same ability, you can't say it's not.

>Lightning bolts
Definitely not sold on this one due to the fact that they say "bolts" and "bolts" are by no means how lightning is really supposed to work.

>Cavalliere lightning bolts
Those lightning bolts i've already answered they are definitely not lightning speed considering he uses actual cloud to ground lightning in that fight and it is ridiculously faster than those bolts.

>She conducts electricity on Dante
Someone actually ever refuted Trish having electricity based attacks?

>Cloud to ground teleport
That is still her own lightning she just used it from above though. It's quite literally just a direction change, from horizontal to vertical.

>Conducts electricity
As i said above, who ever refuted that?

>Hints at being able to defeat the Savior
That is not really a hint though, that could have easily meant that Dante just realized Trish would not have been able to beat the Savior so he refused the "want to switch jobs?". But whatever not really an important point, though i still don't see how the Savior scales above Blitz in speed and now Trish scales equal to savior in all regards, it's just no.
Lmao, you said Trish dont have enought proof of MHS and just showed you the proofs, she can even harm Lady who have 9-A and deal serious damage against demons who can tank Kalina Ann from Lady which is 9-A on AP.

What the problem with bolts ??? They are still Lighting in nature, doenst matter speed of the visuals, you literally trying to use gameplay mechanics that helps the player react to it as way to say they dont move at MHS ? How da **** blitz is more faster than dante when dante can do any Royal Guard, dodge whatever he wants on blitz ??? How he is slower than blitz when mundus on boss fight throws a rain of lasers and beams of light on dante at the same time ???
Trish by lowball would still get 8-C. Which is the AP of lighting.
So how she isnt MHS+ when she covers all the obligations to be real Lighting ?

On the novel Dante expectedTrish to come with him, that why he question her, Dante didnt want Trish to fight savior because how chaotic would be because of how Trish fights, and she would switch the jobs with no problem. But anyway this isnt relevant to the thread.

So you still going to ignore the abilitie description and say no to laser feat?

Locking is game mechanics though. And they still cannot do anything during that and he's still quite clearly faster than them. So at most if you wanna count locking as legit, then it's still at most just MHS perception. And that's for DMC4.
So Nero, Dante, Trish and Lady's bullets are faster than Blitz? They are faster than Blitz in gameplay

So Nero, Dante, Trish and Lady's bullets are faster than Blitz? They are faster than Blitz in gameplay
Not saying that, but if you agree that gameplay is whack where do you draw the line? At this point it's just "we take what we want and we discount what we want". If we take them we take all, not just the parts that can be used to inflate the speed stats.

@EFÍTÉ Im sorry dude but you just keep repeating points i've already either debunked in the OP or earlier in the thread. I will not be responding to these if i don't see anything i haven't talked about before. I don't have the energy to keep repeating myself over and over for no reason.

Good lord, im late because finals but this got reduced to "muh dante doesn't have this or that animation so the feat doesn't count".

Can someone give a TL;DR?

well in my case im arguing that the 4th feat is valid because the proof for the cutscene of dante moving being in the exact same time as the cut scene where mundus fires has too many inconsistencies and also pointed out the fact that dante did create a barrier to deflect the beam.
i have yet to recieve a direct response.

Not saying that, but if you agree that gameplay is whack where do you draw the line? At this point it's just "we take what we want and we discount what we want". If we take them we take all, not just the parts that can be used to inflate the speed stats.
No, I'm questioning your consistency when it comes to "x attack doesn't look as fast as y attack therefore x attack is not y attack speed" , this is what you believed and the argument you are using for Cavalier Angelo speed but I pointed out the flaw in that argument.

No, I'm questioning your consistency when it comes to "x attack doesn't look as fast as y attack therefore x attack is not y attack speed" , this is what you believed and the argument you are using for Cavalier Angelo speed but I pointed out the flaw in that argument.
Sure now im asking "were do you draw the line with these? Do we only take what you want so that we can inflate the stats to oblivion and back? Is that how this works? We take the most flawed feats ever from gameplay and spend 4 freaking days tryna say they are legit, but clear anti-feats from that are just disregarded? Is that the game we're playing?"

@Sevil Natas I was gonna respond to it later but i forgot, anyway. You're legit using "author intent" as an argument there so there is your answer.

@EFÍTÉ Im sorry dude but you just keep repeating points i've already either debunked in the OP or earlier in the thread. I will not be responding to these if i don't see anything i haven't talked about before. I don't have the energy to keep repeating myself over and over for no reason.
where did you even debunk ?? You gave your points (that isnt backed up), and i still keep responding all your points with explanation and scans to back up.
Not that your logic for Royal Guard was debunked by the game own description, making: animations, frame pretty much visuals and your argument about Royal guard irrelevant and flawed.
Everything you have been done is throw: no i disagree with no proof + denial logic.

At this point doenst matter anymore, a strawman as made, only staff can decide now, since this turned pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back