• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (9) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

A bit bare bones in regards to his abilities, but a solid blog overall. Surprised at the mentions of the manga, the preview for Ganon also had snippets of the manga so will that be used for him in the main video alongside the games in regards to feats and abilities?

Normally the loser gets as much side material as possible to compensate. So Ganon getting manga is a bad sign for him. I mean, not that he'd win anyway but still.

What's more interesting to me is that there's a small section on his minions at the end. Makes me hope that their armies are actually involved in the fight. It's 3D so it'd be tough to render and animate, but it would be pretty sick to see Death styling on people.

Because we can only get Detective Pikachu and a Mario movie from the guy who made Minions.

Also we do have Nintendo anime. Pokemon and Kirby are obvious ones, but Mario has an OVA (where he gets Peach taken from him by a dog, and I mean that unironically). Fire Emblem has either an anime or a set of OVAs.

Closest Zelda's ever gotten to an anime was the cutscenes in the Awakening remake. Which sucks as it's the best Nintendo franchise for it, besides debatably Fire Emblem.

That also reminded me of the Nexflix Zelda hoax and that made me sad.

I might not have been around the gaming community for that, but I do remember a Zelda April Fools joke that had Link talking and Tingle as his sidekick with the latter spouting puns like "You'll be Kooloo-Limpin out of here when I'm done with ya!"

The entire verdict hinges on that one calc to me. If you are to buy it, then yeah what they said is pretty much true. Hiei counters all of Sasuke's super haxy stuff and Sasuke's speed isn't enough to overcome Hiei's raw power advantage. If you don't, then saying he counters it all is a bit nlfy and Sasuke holds every other advantage. Right now I'd say I disagree, but on the cast they said they'd release the fully-detailed calc onthe community website, so I'll hold judgment until then.

Whether or not you believe the calculation doesn't matter. the math itself is correct, but that doesn't really matter considering that the calcer abused curvature in the scene he could find with the most of it even though the curvature shown where the feat actually happens is a blatant contradiction and makes it a huge inconsistency with everything else in the verse.

Like I said, it all hinges on that one calc. Based on what they presented, it seems a bit absurd, but again I'm holding out judgment until they release it fully. In fact, here's a quick summary of what they said on the q&a.

-Why do the verdicts now just come down to who make sthe bigger explosion?

The numbers do seem to be the focus, but they do adress the other points of the arguments (eg Hiei's counters to Sasuke's abilities). They still do focus on the logic of the fight like they did in season 1 and 2, just now with the numbers too.

-Why did use an anime-only filler feat for Hiei?

A lot of people watch Death Battle. They can't go full composite, but people would question why they're using nothing from the movie or anime they watched. They create a broader version of the character, they see different timelines as the same character in a different story. Hiei's planet-level stuff originates fromthe manga where it's an important plot-point, the anime just allows us to see it and supports the main timeline

-Why didn't you use the data book statements for Kurama and the like being planetary?

They don't take statements at face-value, like word of god. They used it for Hiei as the planet-level stuff is supported by the story, see Genkai having to watch Yusuke's power level. They have context, and the Naruto statements are likely not literal

-You didn't mention _______ for Sasuke, he could have won with that

They don't have time to cover everything long-running characters have in 20 minutes. They skip things that aren't super important, but they still factor them in

-Why did you just use Madara-arc for Sasuke and not Boruto?

They didn't. They just used him for the animation because he's more recognisable and that's the sprite they found.

-Why did you say the Jagan could counter the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan when it's more powerful?

It's hard to scale mind hax and illusions in a linear way. They just base it off their overall powers. The Jagan is clearly increasing with Hiei's own power or it's always been super powerful. Even as an upper s-class demon the Jagan still works and is useful. It's not 1-1, but it's the best they can do with immeasurable stuff like this. Same for the Amaterasu.

-Shouldn't Kaguya be universal as her attack was going to destroy her entire dimension with stars in it?

They recognise it's hotly-debated. There's a long segment talking about it, but tldr they think it's more likely she was just destroying the planet, but either way it's not really relevant as Sasuke doesn't scale to it at all.

-Why did you scale Hiei to Yoko Kurama's max speed when power-levels don't work that way?

They know, they said thisback in GVS 1. Power-levels are hyper broad generalisation of characters, so they aren't 1-1 scalable. They just used this because Hiei is clearly faster, we just don't get to see it as he lowers in prominence later in the series. It's just them estimating the bare minimum speed he could be using power-levels, there's no other option.

-That Yusuke/Yomi cloud calc seems suspicious, can you elaborate on it?

They recognise that going over the whole calc in the episode or in the cats woudl take way too long. Ben says the research team, especially Strunt, took a long time to make it and analysed it from every possible angle. He says he'll post the full-calc on the community and link to it on his twitter.

So I've been super busy with school lately and I kind of fell off of this thread, but seeing how they responded to the QnA doesn't surprise me. We know it's still wrong and based on the like/dislike ratio, we're really the only ones who whine about it

ZephyrosOmega said:
That too. But they also used the anime-only Toneri feat (not that it matters since Sasuke scales to way higher feats from the manga), so whatever.
Isn't the Last canon tho? Not the same thing as anime filler or the earlier films.

Foxthefox1000 said:
People also agree with Bowser Vs. Ganon, Toph Vs. Gaara, and Tifa Vs. Yang.

So no. Maybe when the calc is posted.
Not surprising that a brony spazz thinks a Bing Bing Wahoo character can beat a Universal High IQ Wizard with a fuckton of hax. Seriously, stfu. You've been complaining about that episode for 3 years. You did it on ScrewAttack Forums, Naruto Forums, here, other wikis, etc, no one cares anymore. **** off.

Back