• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (9) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I for one do prefer Sasuke to Hiei, however I do believe his heel turns, while understandable due to "muhHistoryRepeats" and his mental state, did go on for far too long.

Faaaaar more people like Sasuke more than Hiei. YYH was big. Emphasis on was. Naruto is still known worldwide. And while that's means Sasuke has a larger amount of haters, the supporters still far outweigh.

Also even though I said I wasn't a big Sasuke guy and that I like Hiei better, don't think I don't like Sasuke.

Tipper17 said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
Why didn't Gaara vs Toph get swept under the rug then? Thought people liked Avatar more than Naruto.
Probably because it's so blatant that gaara stomps toph that there's no way she can win without it being Fanfic
As I said above, she could win if you include feats from the non canon Avatar Shorts

The real cal howard said:
Faaaaar more people like Sasuke more than Hiei. YYH was big. Emphasis on was. Naruto is still known worldwide. And while that's means Sasuke has a larger amount of haters, the supporters still far outweigh.
Also even though I said I wasn't a big Sasuke guy and that I like Hiei better, don't think I don't like Sasuke.
So what do you think it is Cal? Surprisingly enough, this battle doesn't seem to be controversial in the larger community.

Naruto wasn't as big a part of people's childhood as Dragon Ball, Superman, or Ben 10. Also, everyone's about Hunter x Hunter now, mainstream doesn't care about Yu Yu

Sorvoe551 said:
Naruto wasn't as big a part of people's childhood as Dragon Ball, Superman, or Ben 10. Also, everyone's about Hunter x Hunter now, mainstream doesn't care about Yu Yu
really doubt the bolded there

Probably because it's so blatant that gaara stomps toph that there's no way she can win without it being Fanfic
As I said above, she could win if you include feats from the non canon Avatar Shorts

Like what?

Sorvoe551 said:
My experiece is completely different. Most people I know would say they grew up off of Naruto before they say Ben 10 or even DBZ if they're under 21.

Speedyroj said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Saw this. Before misinformation get s spread, can someone confirm or deny this?
"I read somewhere that their research team actually came to a unanimous agreement that Sasuke stomps the piss out of Hiei. Though somehow they ignored their input in the final product."
Nah, that's not true. From what's been said on Discord, the research team were all on board with Hiei winning. That person might be mistaking the prediction blog for the research team.
The Discord?

I'm still a little salty that Sasuke lost. I mean, his normal genjutsu has been shown to be able to overpower jonin easily, who all knew how to reverse genjutsu. (Ex, against danzo). So a case could be made that even without sharingan he could have placed Hiei under genjutsu. But then again, I know almost nothing about Hiei.

I've said it elsewhere, but part of the reason Ben vs Hal was so poorly received is cause nobody outside of comic nerds likes cares about GL unfortunately. If he had lost to say, Danny Phantom or something, the reaction wouldn't have been as bad cause people DO care about him. A beloved character losing to a character nobody's interested in is always gonna be controversial. Here it's the opposite, people do like Hiei so the reaction isn't as bad, while Sasuke's hatebase is probably as large as his fanbase.

Just saw the podcast here's the cliffnotes of stuff and dumb shit (This isn't the Hiei/Sasuke q&a) They noticed that people in the comments are not entirely happy. Ben said initially that Hiei vs. Sasuke seemed like a cut and dry win for Sasuke until Sensui's "my power can destroy the world" statement. Which he at first thought was a boast until the infamous Yusuke cloud split. (which he treaded lightly knowing people don't buy it) Ben tries backpedal slightly by emphasizing that in DB there's always a case of the loser winning and Sasuke won alot of theoretical scenarios but Hiei won slightly more (because bullshit reasons already mentioned)

Apparently the calc was done by one of his researchers and Ben was so shocked by it he tried to double take the research to be sure but he concluded that it was solid.

Ben continues to emphasize that S-class demons are planet level (mostly because he's taking out of context statements of a single S class demon solo'ing the Human world as "that means they can blow up the planet dbz style but don't because yyh isn't a space shonen") Ben brings up the moon feat against Kaguya but says that doesn't count for a dc feat because it's a sealing feat and not a destructive feat like blowing up a moon (or the aforementioned cloud split

The animation was done by freelance/intern team (the initial animation team was busy with other stuff they went with a dude who can imitate manga designs)

They started production and research of Season 7. They said Ganondorf vs. Dracula is gonna be "special" and is gonna be done in 3d (specifically source filmmaker) DevilArtemis (the dude who makes the shitty Cell vs. videos) interestingly enough Devil talked shit about DB's Goku vs. Superman in one of his videos Ben brings up sharingan precognition but writes it off as "too inconsistent" and "probably needs to be activated or whatever" Ben really wants to do Jason Voorhees vs. Michael Myers, Lightning vs. Shulk and maybe Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Kakashi Hatake. Basically initially (without research) they came to the conclusion that Obi Wan would probably win because Kakashi wouldn't be allowed his Obito amps and Obi Wan is unkillable as a Force Ghost. Community chat's verdict: 52% voted Kenobi, 48% voted Kakashi.

Tipper17 said:
Just saw the podcast here's the cliffnotes of stuff and dumb shit (This isn't the Hiei/Sasuke q&a) They noticed that people in the comments are not entirely happy. Ben said initially that Hiei vs. Sasuke seemed like a cut and dry win for Sasuke until Sensui's "my power can destroy the world" statement. Which he at first thought was a boast until the infamous Yusuke cloud split. (which he treaded lightly knowing people don't buy it) Ben tries backpedal slightly by emphasizing that in DB there's always a case of the loser winning and Sasuke won alot of theoretical scenarios but Hiei won slightly more (because bullshit reasons already mentioned)

Apparently the calc was done by one of his researchers and Ben was so shocked by it he tried to double take the research to be sure but he concluded that it was solid.

Ben continues to emphasize that S-class demons are planet level (mostly because he's taking out of context statements of a single S class demon solo'ing the Human world as "that means they can blow up the planet dbz style but don't because yyh isn't a space shonen") Ben brings up the moon feat against Kaguya but says that doesn't count for a dc feat because it's a sealing feat and not a destructive feat like blowing up a moon (or the aforementioned cloud split

The animation was done by freelance/intern team (the initial animation team was busy with other stuff they went with a dude who can imitate manga designs)

They started production and research of Season 7. They said Ganondorf vs. Dracula is gonna be "special" and is gonna be done in 3d (specifically source filmmaker) DevilArtemis (the dude who makes the shitty Cell vs. videos) interestingly enough Devil talked shit about DB's Goku vs. Superman in one of his videos Ben brings up sharingan precognition but writes it off as "too inconsistent" and "probably needs to be activated or whatever" Ben really wants to do Jason Voorhees vs. Michael Myers, Lightning vs. Shulk and maybe Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Kakashi Hatake. Basically initially (without research) they came to the conclusion that Obi Wan would probably win because Kakashi wouldn't be allowed his Obito amps and Obi Wan is unkillable as a Force Ghost. Community chat's verdict: 52% voted Kenobi, 48% voted Kakashi.
Because bullshit/fuckery.

Ben obviously doesn't know shit about Naruto...

Their research team clearly needs some work. I just still cannot believe they used that dubious cloudbusting feat to justify a zettaton rating for Hiei...

A Stoned Orc said:
Ben obviously doesn't know shit about Naruto...

Their research team clearly needs some work. I just still cannot believe they used that dubious cloudbusting feat to justify a zettaton rating for Hiei...
And said feat that's not even canon and dubious on whether hiei actually scales to it

The Smashor said:
It's anything but dubious on if he scales to it. His main rival, who he fights often, did half of the feat. It's just the feat isn't canon.
Dubious mainly on how both performed against two of the three kings Yusuke put up a fight against yomi (sandbagging but anime shenanigans may imply otherwise ) while hiei got rekt by Mukuro

But let's say he does out of fairness the feat is nowhere near the level to put him above Sasuke let alone get 285 zettatons on a feat that's only continental level at best And as mentioned non canon

You guys do know that one, Mukuro enraged is stronger than Yomi, two, unlike Yomi, Mukuro's attacks ignore durability in the same way Kuwabara's does, three, Hiei was trying to bring out her full power due to his affection for her and four, Hiei tired Mukuro enough that she lost in the next round too, right?

I'm honestly unsure if it was even the same okunen tree that Yusuke vs Yomi happened on that they scaled, there were many okunen trees even shown in the anime.

Yusuke punched a ton of demons into the sky and later Yomi vs Yusuke likely fight on a different tree entirely. Yusuke was already off that tree by the time Kurama defeated Shigure so why tf would you scale it all off that one tree when clearly some okunen trees are larger than others?

Hell if you look onto the okunen trees themselves you can see it isn't that large as you can scale things to the clearly average sized trees and clearly not multi-kilometre wide lakes.

Anime does say they are "several kilos" in diametre but still.
Several kilos

Back