• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The Smashor said:
Hand drawn is good, but one of the two fights that are animated in the style put a bad taste in my mouth (Mario vs Sonic 2, probably one of DB's most under-researched fights)
Don't forget about Smokey vs McGruff, there were 3 animated in the hand drawn style.

So onto Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla, DZ hits harder, but the gap in power shouldn't be so extreme that MG can't hurt DZ; it should be able to do some damage if it can get a combo off. The main problem is that DZ is WAY faster than MG, to a point that MG shouldn't be able to touch him. Plus, it's a fight between a fighter who defeated a team of master martial artists by himself against a team who fought a rampant monster and never won. So yeah, Dragonzord's got this.

Sorvoe551 said:
The main problem is that DZ is WAY faster than MG,
Considering you people think he's fast cause he scales to Tommy Oliver, who is like a singular being inside the headset of the Dragonzord, I don't buy it. Scaling him to someone who controls him is stupid. They're both the as fast as each other lol

Honestly it would be nice if the Power Rangers got a break for once. They are becoming the new Street Fighter at this rate (debatable results of Jin vs Ryu aside, I mean)

Sorvoe551 said:
Considering the Zords copy the movements of the driver in real time, scaling it to someone is piloting it is perfectly reasonable
I could copy the moves of Tommy Oliver, but it doesn't mean my body could replicate the speed and power behind them.

Xtas said:
Sorvoe551 said:
Considering you people think he's fast cause he scales to Tommy Oliver, who is like a singular being inside the headset of the Dragonzord, I don't buy it. Scaling him to someone who controls him is stupid. They're both the as fast as each other lol
You do realize the entire point of the Zords is to destroy an amped version of monsters that can fight an entire team of Rangers right?

Maskofthedragon said:
Xtas said:
Sorvoe551 said:
You do realize the entire point of the Zords is to destroy an amped version of monsters that can fight an entire team of Rangers right?
Power wise, yeah.

TartaChocholate said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
Even with Ryu vs Jin, SF's lose streak is still very laughable.
At the very least it stopped, though >_>
Just the scaling chain...

1.) Ryu (Street Fighter) > Akuma (Street Fighter) (1,289,776,421.53 ton TNT by Naruto Forums, 415,183,452.70 ton TNT by Screwattack)

2.) Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) > Ryu (Street Fighter)

3.) Sub-Zero > Glacius (11,330,638,671.13 ton TNT)

4.) Johnny Cage > Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) and Johnny Cage > Sub-Zero

5.) Captain Falco > Johnny Cage

At least Island Tier Captain Falcon confirmed by Screwattack.

1.) Ryu (Street Fighter) > Akuma (Street Fighter) (1,289,776,421.53 ton TNT by Naruto Forums, 415,183,452.70 ton TNT by Screwattack)

How is Johnny > the Yellow and Blue Mascots?

Ben pretty much confirmed-without-confirming in his Ryu vs Scorpion blog that if they did that match today, Ryu would have won. They've gone on-length about how they did things differently pre-Joker vs Sweet Tooth and season 3 in general, that's why Mario vs Sonic 2 exists lol.

Yes, his skillset is a factor, but Scorpion also holds a speed advantage (Since DB likes to use characters at their fullest potential, Ryu would be Massively Hypersonic and Scorpion would be Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reaction and combat speeds), has better abilities, and his Immortality and Resurrection would make it difficult for Ryu to put him down.

"Scorpion should still win"

News to me. Raiden casually kicks the crap out of Scorpion and pretty much the entire human cast in the games, Scorpion has exactly one fight with him to go off of, and even then he had to catch Raiden off guard and hit him with surprise attacks to do anything. Even then, the city-level thunderstorm calc seems very iffy, since the horizon on the feat is messed up.

Welp, getting myself into another argument here lol.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Yes, his skillset is a factor, but Scorpion also holds a speed advantage (Since DB likes to use characters at their fullest potential, Ryu would be Massively Hypersonic and Scorpion would be Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reaction and combat speeds), has better abilities, and his Immortality and Resurrection would make it difficult for Ryu to put him down.
Hmm.. I get what you mean.

See the Raging Demon then. It's not like Ryu needs to permanently put Scorps down, just look at Kratos. Beating Scorpion so hard he 'dies' and gets sent to the netherrealm should count as a win. Hell, he died in Armageddon.

I mean, Ryu can be as inexperienced as he wants, a raging demon is always gonna destroy the soul, and it seems unlikely that Scorpion would be able to dodge it. The evidence for him being faster than Raiden is pretty hmmmm, considering in both examples he was clearly using his teleportation to surprise Raiden and stay out of his sight. Scorpion got wrecked when he actually tried to confront Raiden. Raiden's fast but he isn't covered in eyes, which is why teleporting just under him and behind him worked.

And again, he wouldn't need it to beat ol' Scorpo.

Maybe you should read Scorpion's profile entirely, instead of looking at one feat and saying "He shouldn't scale". Scorpion can BFR Ryu to the Netherrealm, where even his slight strength and durability advantages are gone. Ryu can use his Teleportation and combat prowess to avoid the Raging Demon, and Ryu doesn't even have experience using it. And as I said before, his Immortality and Resurrection would make it difficult for Ryu to take him down.

Scorpion will also have no time dodging the Raging Demon with his quicker reaction speed.

Yeah, he certainly could send Ryu to the Netherrealm, but that's not gonna do much. Ryu won't just go "guess I'll die" lol. Scorpion is empowered in the Netherrealm but we have absolutely no idea how much of a boost he gets, and it seems unlikely that he would get so much of a boost as to narrow the pretty stat gap between the two. He can teleport, but he would need to be able to react to the raging demon before he could do that, which seems unlikely considering, again, he isn't as fast as it. Don't forget, Ryu's an incredibly skilled fighter too, and he has the stats to more than keep up with Hanzo. And that's not even mentioning the power of nothingness.

I will admit though, Scorpion can transform into a penguin. Ryu can't do anything THAT cool.

Back