• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (7) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Speed is a key factor. It's important to not equalize it. The reason Lobo lost was a clear difference in power. GR had multiple ways of winning, Lobo had few. Lobo was fast, Zarathos was faster. Lobo was strong, Zarathos was far stronger. Lobo was powerful, Zarathos was far more powerful.

Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 #215 August 1987

Yup, years ago.

It's still an ability he has and has used multiple times. Besides, I've seen some people argue that Tom used the ring's time travel powers to restore Oa in The Last Will And Testament Of Hal Jordan, although I'm not sure that's how the scene is supposed to be interpreted.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Speed is a key factor. It's important to not equalize it. The reason Lobo lost was a clear difference in power. GR had multiple ways of winning, Lobo had few. Lobo was fast, Zarathos was faster. Lobo was strong, Zarathos was far stronger. Lobo was powerful, Zarathos was far more powerful.
How?

Kingo the Sixth said:
Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 #215 August 1987
Yup, years ago. It's still an ability he has and has used multiple times. Besides, I've seen some people argue that Tom used the ring's time travel powers to restore Oa in The Last Will And Testament Of Hal Jordan, although I'm not sure that's how the scene is supposed to be interpreted.
Thor has used plenty of abilities in marvels old days, but he doesn't use them now, can he still use them? Nope.

Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 #215 August 1987 Yup, years ago. It's still an ability he has and has used multiple times. Besides, I've seen some people argue that Tom used the ring's time travel powers to restore Oa in The Last Will And Testament Of Hal Jordan, although I'm not sure that's how the scene is supposed to be interpreted.
Thor has used plenty of abilities in marvels old days, but he doesn't use them now, can he still use them? Nope.

I'd argue Thor certainly could use those abilities if there's no in-canon reason for him no longer having them. Bottom-line is that no writer is gonna have an encyclopaedic knowledge of their character's abilities, and they're trying to tell an interesting story. Would be whack not to include that sort of stuff in a fight. We don't discount feats just because they're old.

How?

Travel speed.

Do we know Spacehog's travel speed? (Beside escaping black holes?)

Hope the above queries get answered by the coming Death Battle Cast.

And in response to t/his week's DBX voting of Ezio Auditore da Firenze vs The Prince (Sands of Time), I have made this. Please have a real look and comment. Thanks.

The Spacehog has kept up with Lanterns before. The average Lantern cruising speed is 1,000,000,000,0c by DB's own admission.

Unoriginal Memes said:
The average Green Lantern speed is way below that, and Ghost Rider has similar speeds when taking into account his scaling with Thor.
Woo. https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/revision-of-green-lanterns-cruising-speed.33835/ https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Matthew_Schroeder/Green_Lantern_FTL_Feats

Keep in mind that the Lanterns are actively trying to outpace Lobo, but the Spacehog keeps up. What a trooper!

Also keep in mind that this is travel speed, not reaction speed. Thor isn't as fast as this stuff anyway from what I know.

Welp, here we go.

Zarathos is not that powerful under normal circumstances. The obvious example of him fighting Mephisto in his backstory isn't what it seems. The entire point of his backstory is that when he challenged Mephisto, he had the support of every single one of his followers, which massively increased his power. In fact, the way Mephisto defeated Zarathos was by tricking him into fighting someone who had no soul. This meant that Zarathos's powers were useless, which meant his followers lost faith in him, no longer making him a threat to Mephisto. That's why he was stuck as Mephisto's servant for an eternity.

Rude move on the part of Zarathos's followers btw.

Okay, but what about Alejandra beating Mephisto? DB claimed that Adam simply unlocked her full Rider potential, so surely it should scale? Well, not exactly.

That thought likely comes from this page right here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610656802878521345/image0.jpg but if you actually look at the context, it's obvious Adam was lending her his power here. Adam's plan was essentially to use Alejandra to cleanse humanity of the original sin he introduced to the world, in-turn essentially making them mindless zombies, explained here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610657442350628874/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610657476987191306/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610657796559732742/image0.jpg

When Adam says he's "unlocking her potential", he's saying "I'll make sure you live up to my ambition and fulfill my plans". That's explained pretty clearly here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610658342565576719/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610658360374591489/image0.jpg

Later on, Alejandra wanted to go back to Mephisto so she could return back the sins of the Nicaraguans, but she wasn't strong enough. She didn't ask Adam to "unlock her potential", she asked him straight up for "more power". See here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610658738940018698/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610658759496302593/image0.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340424754534023180/610658776214667294/image0.jpg

Adam straight up says "no one will stop you".

On top of all that, even with the power boost, Mephisto was still toying with Alejandra until that very final plot punch.

No

The greatest feat that Lobo scales to is Wonder Woman blocking the Shattered God's attacks. If we use the High-End, Zarathos has an over 2 times advantage (Not enough to blitz), but he absolutely blitzes if the Low-End is used. Unless you want to scale Lobo to Wally West's sextillion/tredecillion times the speed of light feats.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Zarathos was a threat to Mephisto. Mephisto ultimately beating Zarathos doesn't mean that Zarathos doesn't scale.
Th-that wasn't my point lol. Zarathos at the time was a threat to Mephisto, but he was massively amped so it doesn't apply to a normal fight. I mentioned the way Mephisto beat Zarathos because it specifically shows that Zarathos with every single one of his followers is WAAAAAAY above normal Zarathos.

No

The greatest feat that Lobo scales to is Wonder Woman blocking the Shattered God's attacks. If we use the High-End, Zarathos has an over 2 times advantage (Not enough to blitz), but he absolutely blitzes if the Low-End is used. Unless you want to scale Lobo to Wally West's sextillion/tredecillion times the speed of light feats.

No one should scale to any of the flashes. Unless your using their causal feats.

The Smashor said:
Did you just stutter?

While typing?
It's actually a secret tactic of mine. I purposely type so awfully and unbearably that whoever I'm arguing with can no longer handle it and dies, instantly making me win the argument.

uwu

QnA time, friends:

Why didn't you mention Noble Kale when discussing GR? They didn't forget he existed, but he wasn't really relevant to Johnny Blaze's story. For those who don't know, Noble was technically the first GR (the Stone Age one doesn't count) who was bound to the original Spirits of Vengeance to defeat Furies in the 1700s. He is Johnny Blaze's ancestor and the reason why Mephisto was interested in Johnny's bloodline.

Why did you low-ball GR by saying he was only at building level? Because that's Johnny. Zarathos could destroy galaxies and threaten the universe, which is what actually mattered. (Yes I know that we have proven that Johnny GR is much more powerful, but I'm paraphrasing their answers)

How could Lobo lose? He's a gag character and they can only be defeated by other gag characters. Oh they are very aware that Lobo is a parody, but he still fights "normal" characters in his universe and loses, plus he has been shown to have limits to his power. He's not like Saitama where his full power hasn't been explored but it does not matter for the story.

You explained Punisher's survival of the Penance Stare, but Deadpool also survived it, so isn't that contradicting your claim, therefore meaning Lobo would survive? The common explanation for that is "you can survive if you don't feel guilty about it," but it's super inconsistent with how the PS usually works. As shown in a tab in the episode, it is believed that GR didn't want to kill Deadpool and was using it as a massive guilt trip, since immediately after GR became Johnny again to have a heart-to-heart with Wade.

Why have tabs for info in the corner, why not throw it into the script? It's a way to further explain little details without making the run time going extremely long. According to Ben, it's more for those in the Vs Community because "you may have conceptions of what a character is capable of doing, but we might not necessarily address them in the episode because they're a misconception."

Why do you use PIS feats when analyzing characters, they should be ignored. By that logic, most of Lobo's feats would be removed because he's a gag. While they try to avoid outliers as much as they can, they have to keep those in mind in order to figure out exactly why it isn't normal, like with Punisher surviving the PS.

Was Lobo's bounty in the fight Grimace from McDonald's? If so, what did he do to make someone want him dead? Liam while writing the fight script just said it was a "purple alien" and the animators just made it Grimace for laughs.

Honestly, I like the 2D fights more. I donno, sprite animations have always seemed to be more charming and felt higher quality to me. Maybe it's because I don't have AAA quality media or the real world to compare them to.

Hand drawn is good, but one of the two fights that are animated in the style put a bad taste in my mouth (Mario vs Sonic 2, probably one of DB's most under-researched fights)

Back