• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a bit late on the verdict.

But what bugs me still is why SA totally skipped the verdicts for D.Va vs Tron Bonne.

Also, why is there no alternative ending released for Metal Sonic vs Mega Man yet?

And one thing: Boa Hancock or Rider (Fate/stay night)?

Wow, right the alternative ending I want to see still wasn't released, feels bad man

Jasonsith said:
Rider slaps.

Not only is she hundreds of times stronger, she also has far higher adaptibility and the intelligence to use it.

Given prep time she smoothies Boa via BFA, in a straight fight she looks at Boa and its a 1 and done deal. Or she pulls her NP and smashes her into dust.

Or, she attaches her nail and swings her around the area like a ragdoll, smashing her into buildings and structures with enough force to damage mountains.

Pick your poison.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Jasonsith said:
Rider slaps.
Not only is she hundreds of times stronger, she also has far higher adaptibility and the intelligence to use it.

Given prep time she smoothies Boa via BFA, in a straight fight she looks at Boa and its a 1 and done deal. Or she pulls her NP and smashes her into dust.

Or, she attaches her nail and swings her around the area like a ragdoll, smashing her into buildings and structures with enough force to damage mountains.

Pick your poison.
Too bad this fight will be voted on and guess who has more fans.

Rider slaps.

Pick your poison.

The DBX voting according to Screwattack is pretty close.

Go vote now.

Rider slaps.

Pick your poison.

The DBX voting according to Screwattack is pretty close.

Go vote now.

Now I recall one thing: Boa Hancock is actually faster but "just" barely enough to baseline blitz. While Rider (Fate/stay night) is stronger and more haxxed.

Also, while Boa is taller (1.91 m?) vs Rider (1.71 m?) Rider is better shaped. (IMO One Piece girls somehow have weird body shapes - and I am talking the likes of Nami (One Piece) and Boa Hancock and not mentioning those weirder ladies.)

And it is pretty sad among those Boa supporters I cannot see some who could raise a point for why Boa should win instead when even myself can make up of some.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
This is the same set of people who said Doomsday compares to the likes of Marvel!Odin and, more recently, scaled Hal Jordan to feats that allowed him to stack up to Alien X.

I'd recommend waiting a bit before placing your bet.
We have more than a week to wait - less than 2 weeks to be exact.

And sad to hear Luis the Lead Animator there to defend one of his waifus for this week's Community Death Battle / DBX S4E4.

And we are told to have a close DBX.

I mean, Lobo was a secondary request if Spawn is not Johnny Blazes opponent. Even I requested him.

Well, I guess Death Battle has that tingle in doing lots of Marvel VS DC matches.

> Like Ghost Rider has a handier way to kill Lobo than Lobo to kill Ghost Rider (a go-to soul attack vs picking a "holy weapon" from non-standard arsenal to attack)

> Lobo resists mind hax from Martial Manhunter and is smart enough to trick Darkseid

> mind hax != soul hax

Psychomaster35 said:
I mean, Lobo was a secondary request if Spawn is not Johnny Blazes opponent. Even I requested him.
Well, I guess Death Battle has that tingle in doing lots of Marvel VS DC matches.
Many well-known comic book characters are, well, Marvel vs DC.

And I believe they try to shift more towards Marvel vs non-DC or DC vs non-Marvel matchups.

But come on these few years have been Marvel and DC shows. How could there not be Marvel, DC and Marvel vs DC?

QnA time, ladies and gents:

Why did Wiz sound weird during the previews? Ben was sick, he had a nasty cold.

Why did you forget Bloodbending, Metalbending, and Lavabending for Aang? Aang doesn't know how to do the first two and while a previous Avatar knew Lavabending, he is never shown using it.

Could Aang have used Energybending to remove Ed's Alchemy? While they considered it, the comparison between the two is too vague, so they didn't bring it up because they didn't think the argument would be solid enough. Plus, Aang had plenty more ways to win besides that (everyone here should have seen my reasoning behind why Aang can't take it away earlier in the thread)

Could Ed contact Truth and have Him take Aang's bending in exchange for Ed's Alchemy? Ed is a better hand to hand combatant, so he would stand more of a chance if they're both powerless. Interesting idea, but we've never seen Truth do something to that extent. Plus, Ed would have to make a Human Transmutation Circle and involve Aang for that to properly work, which wouldn't happen

Both of these characters hate killing, shouldn't that have been a factor in the fight? One of the rules of Death Battle is that any specific characteristics that prevent killing are removed for the sake of fairness, so it doesn't matter.

If you remove those characteristics, then why couldn't Ed use a Philosopher's Stone? They want the characters to be represented correctly, only removing things like pacifism. Aang doesn't carry around a Stone in combat and has technically never used one, closest thing to that was Alphonse using one against Pride and Kimlee.

"This is what Venom DOES EVERY SINGLE DAY"

You're going straight to hell for that, and I hope Nightmare is there waiting for you.

Just note that I voted Venom.

Still, Im rather mad that this match was chosen even though this is a CLEAR stomp in Spawns favor. They dont have that many connections as well, with the only things I can think of are that they are anti-heroes in black from comics who enjoy letting their prey suffer as well as loving to kill.

Personally, I think Venom shoudve fought Shadow the Hedgehog, with their connections being that they are 2 edgy clones of a protagonist in blue.

Spawn shouldve fought Ghost Rider FRA.

DBX S4E5 Spoilers
Spawn is still very popular among the vs fans.
And since some people may still vote it like voting a Community Death Battle, here's the result.
DBX S4E6 Spoilers
If one buys universal Link yeah Link (Composite) vs Trunks is so stompy it should ve a DBX.

DBX S4E6 Spoilers
Yeah, they mean Future Trunks. Who's winning this. I'll be happily surprised if Link clutches this but it's a DBZ character vs someone people think is only barely superhuman. People are gonna vote for Trunks (who to be fair only loses out to Link due to non-corporeality and otherwise speedblitzes and one-shots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back