• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBX S4E6 Spoilers
If they mean Future Trunks and give him MFTL+ speed then Link is blitzed. Thanks for the reminder.
But there is a big yellow elephant in the room: how close in connection is between Link and Trunks.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Could we say closest match in a while? It's been stomps for quite a while now.
Pretty much a base Ghost rider is inferior to lobo while unrestricted ghost rider/zarathos could slaughter lobo out can he really kill him due to his immortality? Would make that post on /co/ right if true

The argument for who will win will most likely hinge on whether the Penance Stare will work or not. Based on all the evidence here and our arguments, it should be able to kill Lobo since it destroys souls based on their crimes committed. The amount of times it didn't work shouldn't be enough to say it shouldn't work on Lobo, especially since it doesn't use hellfire specifically to burn the soul. Though considering it's DB, they may say otherwise and give Lobo the win because "hur dur, Superman is invincible"

For a while now they've beena avoiding, afaik, NLFs, and really try to find caveats or limitations when encountering a lack of limitations on characters. Though I can't speak for inconsistent or consistent scaling

They do try to avoid scaling for the most part unless the feats are extremely limited, see Ryu vs Jin. However, past evidence has shown that speed in Marvel is minimal compared to DC, so that's going to be something I keep an eye out for

Ep 113 spoilers
What was the veredict for Johnny? Penance stare? Better statistics?
Ep 114 spoilers
The Power Rangers again, huh? Crossing my fingers they can break their losing streak this time.

TartaChocholate said:
Ep 113 spoilers
What was the veredict for Johnny? Penance stare? Better statistics?
Ep 114 spoilers
The Power Rangers again, huh? Crossing my fingers they can break their losing streak this time.
Ep 113 spoilers
Mainly scaling Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics) to Mephisto (Marvel Comics) and Zarathos (Marvel Comics)
Ep 114 spoilers
If the DC winning streak (thanks to mainly scaling from Superman (Post-Crisis), Flash (Barry Allen) (Post-Crisis) and Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis)) can be broken, impossible is nothing.

Spoiler free review for Ghost Rider vs Lobo:

-Research was pretty good for this episode, found out things about both characters I didn't know, it was nice.

-Voice actors for both were great, but I wish that by some miracle they got John DiMaggio to voice Lobo, that would have been great.

-They addressed the Penance Stare and all examples of where people were immune to it, so they took it seriously.

-Animation was fun, they did a really good job.

-Next fight is going to be so dumb, I'm excited

Ep 113 spoilers
Lobo was given the stats of pulling a star and crushing a city into a ball so dense that it's 20 times more dense than a neutron star. So around Star to Large Star level. They also said that he has MFTL+ travel speed with the Spacehog and MFTL+ combat speed (They didn't say how fast, but they said it's faster than the 100 billionc feat of Ghost Rider).

Ep 113 spoilers
The only thing that might have been wank for Ghost Rider was them saying that Ghost Rider can only die to holy weapons or God. And even then, that was only during Ghost Rider's weaknesses section. They said that Lobo would need holy weapons to defeat Ghost Rider because Johnny has taken blows from beings of similar power. And if you want to consider them calling Lobo Star to Large Star level downplay, than they did more downplay to Zarathos than anything else in the episode.

Ep 113 spoilers
Well they said that while "Death is banned from reaping Lobo's soul, that does not mean the soul itself could not be destroyed." And GR has plenty of ways to destroy one's soul.

As for speed, they scaled GR's motorcycle to Mjolnir which they said is hundreds of billions of times FTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back