• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick Zero X said:
Why all caps?
The arguments are cold yet flaming as Lobo and Ghost Rider. Weirdly fitting into the theme of this coming Death Battle episode.

For real, stop joking. GR can't do shit to a man who's survived as just a soul and been fine. He clearly shows resistance to anything this clown can do to him. Like Xtas has said, Etrigan (Post-Crisis) tried to do basically the same shit to Lobo that GR can do to him, and he was fine.

Like I said to Xtas, Surviving as a soul/=/Survive having your soul eaten. Lobo can be resistant to attacks to his soul all he wants, that's not the same as having your soul eaten. And Xtas's reasonings for Lobo surviving that are just ludicrous.

I'm sorry for explaining how one character could hypothetically interact with another character. I'll try not to step on your times next time, Master Debater.

Stalker Maggot said:
Btw, I'm not trying to say GR wins. I'm just pointing this out
You're doing absolutely fine. You're actually posting feats. I still think this is as big of a draw as they come. Lobo is just a character whose Toon Force-esque capabilities can be used to explain him shrugging off everything, which I thing is the reason for his banning from Hell and Heaven. He's not as easy as "feeling regret for your sins." Hence why he's been crossed over with the Mask, cause they're both nigh-indestructible toon force badasses.

What false equivalencies? The fact that Lobo's defining characteristic trait is being too dangerous to be in Heaven AND Hell? That's not a false equivalancy. For the record, I never said he could take on the Presence. That's a strawman. I did say that the Presence, however, took certain precautions with Lobo by banning him from both of the areas He had created.

This false equivalencies:

Xtas said:
Lobo is a sadomasochist. Thanos thought the Penance Stare was beautiful and he smiled. I don't see why Lobo couldn't react the same way considering he LOVED spending time in Hell.
Hell would need feats of giving the same amount of pain as the PS. Thanos has suffered from pain before so him smiling that could very well be an outlier, he also has Resistance to Telepathy, a form of Mind Manip that Pain Manip is a part of.

Xtas said:
Lobo isn't a normal being, he's on Thanos' level of enjoying pain. And Thanos tanked it. I'm getting bored of repeating things right now.
You can't say Lobo's on Thanos' level of enjoying pain, as pointed out above Thanos' situation is completely different and the feats you mentioned for Lobo are yet to be proved being similar to what GR can do.

Xtas said:
Ghost Rider is an agent of God and Lobo is barred from Heaven cause God doesn't want him, so he might not even be able to eat his soul up.
Not the same Heaven and God.

Xtas said:
"There's a difference between Marvel's God and DC's God."

Not really. Their looks might be different, but I'm pretty sure they're part of the same OMNIVERSE according to the writers, which means they're basically the same thing.
Read this: Omniverse. Anything using that word mean little, if not nothing.

"Hell would need feats of giving the same amount of pain as the PS. Thanos has suffered from pain before so him smiling that could very well be an outlier, he also has Resistance to Telepathy, a form of Mind Manip that Pain Manip is a part of."

Etrigan has the same Hellfire capabilities that Ghost Rider does. In Sandman, you see the various ways the demons torture the souls of the sinners. Lobo enjoyed all that.

"You can't say Lobo's on Thanos' level of enjoying pain, as pointed out above Thanos' situation is completely different and the feats you mentioned for Lobo are yet to be proved being similar to what GR can do."

I didn't say Lobo was on Thanos', I said he potentially could react the same way, considering him being a sadomasochist is a well known part of his character. Oh, yeah,

"Thanos' situation is completely different"

No, it's not. Don't sugarcoat it. He could've found something as small as a white lie to singe him with. Thanos has done so much worse and he laughed. Stop throwing the words outlier around when this clearly wasn't, it was to showcase that Thanos was above his paygrade.

"Not the same Heaven and God."

A higher authority than the one behind Ghost Rider, though. Gotcha.

"Read this: Omniverse. Anything using that word mean little, if not nothing."

Wow, okay. So now we're supposed to ignore things that happen in canon? Cheers mate. Alright. You win. At this point I'm just waiting to see the end result then.

I'll leave this here

MRW-watching-people-fail-jimmy-fallon-eating-popcorn.gif

Standuser081 said:
iirc wasn't JLA/Avengers considered canon? Which would mean that the Marvel Universe (Earth 616) does exist in the DC multiverse
Writers for both DC and Marvel have both come on record that they're part of the same multi-omniverse-whatever you wanna call it. Iirc, the Source Wall is the only thing keeping them both from messing with each other.

I mean, I'm no expert but WOG is usually pretty easily disproven by what's actually in the works they created. I guess the only way to prove that were to be if Marvel has ever mentioned a Source Wall before, but I think that's mostly a DC thing.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I mean, I'm no expert but WOG is usually pretty easily disproven by what's actually in the works they created. I guess the only way to prove that were to be if Marvel has ever mentioned a Source Wall before, but I think that's mostly a DC thing.
WOG can be disproven, but for cases like this where something can't be disproven by using math I feel like WOG takes precedence. They have many nods to each other. I remember Invisible Woman told Franklin Richards she's meet Superman when he was reading a comic book.

Now I'm very late from the party, but from what I've seen from Lobo and Ghost Rider-assuming we use peak Lobo-it's a stomp in Lobo's favor. The only way GR coul win would be through Hellfire burning away Lobo's soul or Penance Stare. Lobo could be argued to have a resistance to soul manipulation, and Penance stare only works on those who have Remorse for their actions, which Lobo lacks.

Lobo wins, I think, might be wrong.

That Punisher incident has been dbunked multiple times. It has worked on psychopaths (Including ones who enjoy causing harm) numerous times before and after the Punisher incident. Ghost Rider holds an AP and Durability advantage through scaling to World War Hulk, and is way more versatile. Not to mention, Ghost Rider has beaten people that are highly resistant to soul/mind attacks, so that should be no problem. Ghost Rider can also trap Lobo in the Rider Plane, where Lobo will constantly get killed by all of the Ghost Riders. Or Johnny can eat Lobo's soul as surviving as a soul doesn't mean he can survive his soul getting eaten. And Lobo is not getting past that Regenerationn and Immortality.

You are aware that AP and Durability don't mean anything in this fight and it comes down to their esoteric make up at the end right?

Unoriginal Memes said:
That Punisher incident has been dbunked multiple times. It has worked on psychopaths (Including ones who enjoy causing harm) numerous times before and after the Punisher incident. Ghost Rider holds an AP and Durability advantage through scaling to World War Hulk, and is way more versatile. Not to mention, Ghost Rider has beaten people that are highly resistant to soul/mind attacks, so that should be no problem. Ghost Rider can also trap Lobo in the Rider Plane, where Lobo will constantly get killed by all of the Ghost Riders. Or Johnny can eat Lobo's soul as surviving as a soul doesn't mean he can survive his soul getting eaten. And Lobo is not getting past that Regenerationn and Immortality.
i mean, GR scales to WW Hulk and Lobo at his best scales to Supes

we all know,how DB loves to wank Supes

I might be wrong, but it seems that Ghost Rider's Type 8 immortality refers to the existence of the Ghost Rider rather than Johnny Blaze himself, akin to 'The Avatar Spirit'. If Johnny Blaze dies, the Spirit of Vengeance will reincarnate and find another host, as TAS will reincarnate and find another host should the current Avatar (Korra) die, but I don't think it revives Korra-or Johnny-itself. Daniel Ketch, another Ghost Rider, has actually died by the hands of the vampire hunter Blade, and he only came back to life through the Darkhold Redeemers and not through type-8 immortality.

As well, I think it's been shown multiple times that beings like Thanos, who have no remorse for their actions, cannot be harmed by the Penance stare.

The Ghost Rider Plane thing is interesting, but I'm struggling to find how exactly that occurred. I can't really comment on it. My only question for it is how exactly an army of Ghost riders would manage to harm Lobo, a being whose potentially on Post-Crisis Superman's level, without them just been pulverized.

I think Lobo could plow through High-Mid Regenerationn just fine with his arsenal of weapons and sheer strength, considering his Solar-System level attack potency/speed. Lobo also murdered his entire species, who presumably have the same level of Regenerationn that Lobo does-which would be Low-Godly.

Theuser789 said:
GR has the Ap advantage here, not Lobo
again : its Screwattack were talking about

they dont give a damn about our WW hulk and Supes scalings ,as seen in their Hulk vs Doomsday and Goku vs Supes matches

in their book,Lobo might very well have the AP advantage

Ghost Rider can bully World War Hulk. World War Hulk is 1000 Kilofoe while Superman is 615 Kilofoe. Almost all of your points are invalid as they rely on assuming Lobo is way stronger.

Also, tell me what's more consistent. The Penance Stare not working on 4 people or it working on dozens of people? There are more instances where the PS works on people who don't regret their sins/enjoy causing harm than vice versa.

Again, AP doesn't matter here in the slightest. Any punch Lobo can throw at Ghost Rider won't inconvenience him and vice versa. They can punch each other for all of eternity and then they'd realize punching doesn't work cause their Regenerationn renders AP moot.

Xtas said:
Again, AP doesn't matter here in the slightest. Any punch Lobo can throw at Ghost Rider won't inconvenience him and vice versa. They can punch each other for all of eternity and then they'd realize punching doesn't work cause their Regenerationn renders AP moot.
And then they´ll decide to end their problems with a bike race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back