• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (3)

I agree with the blog and don't fully agree with this site's rankings because I absolutely hate the citation for "With Power Stars" even exists.

The only person who's used them to power up was Bowser and Mario like, once. More often than not, they don't have Power Stars or anything similar acting as a power source. Did King Boo use a Power Star for his feat? Did Yoshi have a Power Star in his feats? Did Primcess Peach have a Power Star in her feats? You could say the Grand Star protected her from the black hole, but that's a more extraneous assumption than assuming the more in-your-face tbing -- Occam's Razor?

Hell, use Occam's Razor for Mario character and stop assuming this roundabout theory and speculation of Power Stars actually assisting them with power when it's never directly shown. Hell, even from most lore standpoints, they're sources of power, yes, but they never need them or use them offensively for anything besides taking down magical barriers for progressing. The fact that you steal a majority of his Power Stars and defeat what's basically a depowered Bowser yet his abilities still make you struggle is a paradox, as Mario "uses" these "powerful things", yet he needed SO many to even contend with a base Bowser as early as 64; it's main evidence for it is also equally against it.

But whatever. There's also the issue that these high-end speeds for Kirby are from Jamba Hearts which no one really dodged, and the one who did basically sidestepped a really slow one. It seems as if their acceleration decreased the further they got from the source, which is actually a logical explanation as to why they appear slower in Popstar's atmosphere. Alsp, the "jumping through universes" thing is stupid. I can easily say that the secret levels in Sunshine are gateways to other solar systems given the backgrounds of a few of them, and that Shadow Mario cam intercept you traveling at such high speeds to get there, thus making him MFTL+. See the logic?

But I digress. I'm sure Dedede will wim, so that'll be some good vindication for y'all.

? https://youtu.be/JQiJjKEQhBs 0:52 Triple D literally gets the hell away from one flying torwards him if he was drastically slower he would have gotten hit but doesn't

There's also no indication the hearts are drastically slower entering Popstar Beyond semantics cinematic timing Ect

This just feels like nitpicking

The Mario stuff your talking about makes sense it's just I don't agree with that part.

The attitude seems out of place, as well as the proposals.

Primary via Content Revision threads users made to constructively propose and debate issues we as a site constantly update our stuff. Thus, it is meaningless to disagree on something in some thread within the Fun and Games board, no one is going to seriously debate anything here, at least no one is meant to.

Now that you know this, what are you going to do?

@Foxthefox1000

So you would rather say the Star Children casts are "at least Large Star, likely Multi Solar System, possibly Galaxy" (combine the two key phases of having Power Star or not)

Do I get it right?

(Well profiles are input by humans so if there are solid proof those Star Children can pull off the feats without the Power Stars sure they can be modified in the profiles according to the rules in the corrwsponding websites.)

So as Eficiente says, you are welcome to make your arguments and content revision request thread there. Once they are accepted the profiles will be changed accordingly.

I'll be watching the episode when it comes out in a few hours, but honestly, this is a Death Battle I really don't care about. I like the Kirby and Mario series just fine, but I'm not a huge fan of either character, especially Wario

Ep 109 Spoilers
Oh boy Ben may have more versatility and potentially superior hax, but in terms of raw power and physical stats Hal stomp really hard.
Ep 109 Spoilers
If he can replicate himself and summon Alien X Hal is doomed.

The real cal howard said:
How are you guys getting the episode? I have premium on VRV and it's not showing up.
Does VRV show RT First Member contents? Death Battle episodes are on its own channel for RT First Members first (just now), then 48 hours later it is on YouTube.

Ah @calc Howard would you like to please help fix the quote there according to the code from here? Thanks.

Jasonsith said:
Ep 109 Spoilers
If he can replicate himself and summon Alien X Hal is doomed.
Ep 109 Spoilers
That assuming Ben will summon Alien X at soon as possible.
Alien X is not a form that Ben normally use in a fight and it more of a last resort, meaning Hal will had more than enough time to neutralize him (like hacking his Omnitrix, speedblitzing him or oneshotting him)

Dunno how to spoil, but I'll give a spoiler-free thought process on the nect fight.

It's entirely dependent on if they go with the low chance of the one combatant's trump card coming into play, and also based on the technicalities behind what gives them their abilities.

However, I believe that that low chance shouldn't be accounted for as DB is usually about the one with the greater odds of winning more often than not when looking at the possible variants amd forking paths. As such, such a low possibility of one thing coming into play shouldn't grant that character a win in DB in my opinion.

Okay, so spoiler free review time for Wario vs Dedede

-Pixel art was pretty good, their usual affair.

-Research was decent, not quite as powerful as we have them, but hey, what else is new?

-What even is the plots to the Wario games, how has he faced all the stuff he has and lived?

-The fight "plot" was dumb, as to be expected. Really ridiculous ending

-Next fight has me hyped

I'm pretty sure that even with the numbers they had them at, people are gonna start being like.. "Wait, Wario's THAT stromg? What does that mean for the other Mario characters?".

Though, given Wario, besides Bowser who people seem to forget they had him at stellar levels of strength likely due to how pitiful his battle was, is the most "OP" Mario character we've had on DB so far, I'm almost positive people will be like "Nah, there's no way the others can scale, right?".

Anyways, beyond Wario, which Mario characters do you think they'll use next? And if so, to whom will they go to battle with?

Episode 109 Spoiler
How the hell is Hal going to speedblitz Ben when the Omnitrix has been shown to automatically transform him if he's going to die? I'm not seeing how Ben doesn't shitstomp considering Hal has no actual way of killing him.

Back