• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (3)

Watched the previews.

Seems SA agrees Wario scales to Mario and King Dedede scales to Kirby. So...

But they have Mario at planet level at best while in season 2 they had Kirby at at least planet level. Not to mention even then they said Kirby was FTL and just a while back said that Mario's top speeds were Mach 300.

Seems like this might be anyone's guess as to who might win. Though even though I'm more of a Wario fan i think Dedede takes the win.

Speed: Dedede definitely takes the category because he can keep with the warp star which has shown to travel at the speed of light. Also he has mobility thanks to his ability to fly like Kirby too. While Dedede is techincally slow on the ground like Wario because of the fact he carries that hammer on him at all times, he still takes the speed category because of this feat. Wario is fast given the Wario bike, but no where close to Dedede.

Strength: Wario wins. Wario has been shown to lift pyramids, break through metal like it's paper via shoulder bash, has strength rivaling that of Donkey Kong and Bowser, benched both a T-Rex and King Bomb who has been recorded to weigh over 34 tons. Dedede does have some good feats like being to hold up a monster that crashed through his castle, can break through stone, rock, and even metal, but he needs his hammer in order to do it whereas Wario only needs his his bare hands.

Durability: Seems pretty even for both opponents. Wario's body is pretty malleleable to the point where it is toonforce level to the point it's ridiclous. From being set on fire, turned into a zombie and vampire, being crushed, twisted, electrocuted without even a scratch being left on him, and survived the dispersion of a cloud from the Shake King. Dedede has taken constant beatings from Kirby who is said to be planet level, survived being stuck by lightning, having a house fall on him, survived being dipped into the sun, being shot out of a cannon and going through rock, had his stomach torn open when possessed by Dark Matter, been hit by a barrage of lasers, etc.

My biggest concern for Dedede comes from the fact that some feats of his are accomplished via scaling. I think one example might be the explosion that Kirby tanked at the end of Triple Deluxe. Just because Kirby survived the explosion with no damage doesn't mean that Dedede scales to Kirby just because he can keep up with Dedede.

But who knows. As long as we don't get another Zelda vs Peach, Shadow vs Mewtwo, Yang vs Tifa, Garra vs Toph, or Scout vs Tracer I'll be happy with the results.

"As long as we don't get another Zelda vs Peach, Shadow vs Mewtwo, Yang vs Tifa, Garra vs Toph, or Scout vs Tracer I'll be happy with the results."

But...those two were accurate.

Dedede didn't keep up with the full speed of the Warp Star, and was there during the explosion at the end of Triple Deluxe.

Those are only the parts someone can't just see Dedede's profile to verify wrong by himself. It's ok if you don't like scaling that much, Dedede still beats Wario in everything by scaling only as much as you show Wario scale, and by his own feats.

Wario likely has more hax, Dedede has a more in-character multi-galactic hax.

Also is there any hax Wario has that Dedede doesn't resist?

@E1iteYoshi Since that explanation seemed like something taken right out of DBFW, please tell us if you have more arguments that would give Wario any advantage over Dedede. I know there is people believing Wario would win, but they never elaborate why without saying notoriously wrong things.

Back