• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Besides outcome wouldn't change anything if the version of Hal is his Parallax,Sprectre,Pre crisis days. outcome will continue to stay the same.

Okay, so according to Dragon, normal people can see Personas, so at least we know that Weiss can see Penthesilea (they probably won't give her Artemisia and didn't show it in the short preview after Ben vs Hal). Now, to break down possible points for the fight:

-Mitsuru, at least by our standards, is confirmed mountain level, while Weiss does have a possible mountain feat from the manga, which Screwattack will probably reference and calculate on their own, so they'll probably be considered the same power. Since Weiss's summons are technically stronger than her, that could be used to make her more powerful.

-Mitsuru is much faster than Weiss naturally and I don't think using time glyphs to boost herself and slow Mitsuru will be enough to close the gap in speed.

-While the game, anime, and our own site does say that Mitsuru is weak to fire, it's probably not as crippling as it sounds

-Penthesilea's multiple abilities exceeds the versatility of Weiss's multiple summon types

-I don't know if there is any "training" with Persona, but Mitsuru's experience should match Weiss' training and experience.

@Tarta

1. Weiss' fire manipulation isn't used much and the strongest it has been shown to be was when she one shot some of Winter's Beowulf summons, so it's either powerful enough to beat a Beowulf in one shot or weaker due to the summons being ice.

2. No, all of her summons are ice-based

@Sorvoe, Weekly: thanks for clearing it up.

@Jason: Huh, was expecting them to go 2D given both have some pretty nifty sprites from the ArkSys fighting games. But I am not complaining, the battle is gonna look incredible.

The battle looks awesome even compared to other Death Battle works.

Just an instinct that the manga feat may be a pin to the coffin against Mitsuru.

(The Erebus feat can be argued as WOG or hyperbole. The EOS feat against Nyx can be all robbed by Makoto Yuki - Mitsuru does not need to be there)

While SA can say the RWBY manga feat is canon - except where exactly says RWBY manga is canon?

And anyone doing calc for that mountain feat?

@Peter

Battle's out next Monday for FIRST Members, next Wednesday for YouTube. I'll see it Monday before work (hopefully) and actually do my reviews this time, because I didn't care about Wario vs Dedede and I was too busy for Ben vs Hal

What's funny is that I like Weiss more than Mitsuru (I actually like Weiss and I haven't played a single thing Mitsuru is from), but I still want Mitsuru to win.

Inb4 they pull a Yang vs. Tifa lol

They could legit give Weiss a win now by her own mountain level feat thanks to a latest comic. While the mountain level feat from Mitsuru remains a hyperbole. Ben Singer / Sam Mitchell: A claimed WOS feat is meaningless unless drawn. Lightning tanking is just building level feat. I don't understand why you bois and gals go keeping that hyperbole as a legit feat downgrade BoS P3 cast already. And EoS feat only applies to Makoto so yeah.

Inb4 they pull a Yang vs. Tifa lol

They could legit give Weiss a win now by her own mountain level feat thanks to a latest comic. While the mountain level feat from Mitsuru remains a hyperbole. Ben Singer / Sam Mitchell: A claimed WOS feat is meaningless unless drawn. Lightning tanking is just building level feat. I don't understand why you bois and gals go keeping that hyperbole as a legit feat downgrade BoS P3 cast already. And EoS feat only applies to Makoto so yeah.

I suppose. But still, idk how Yang vs. Tifa has the Like/Dislike ratio it has when Tifa should've won >_< .

@Migue79: It's a mix of things, mostly. The good timing for the episode release for Yang vs Tifa: Season 3 of RWBY was coming, it was a good tribute for Monty Oum's unfortunate passing, Rooster Teeth had taken Screwattack, they got Yang's official VA onboard so there was a lot of Hype for Yang. Casual watchers (as in non-vs debating geeks like us) will just take at face value what Death Battle says, not helping that until not so long ago RPG characters had all their abilities and in-game feats disregarded as "game mechanics", essentially being gimped in VS debates, with Tifa's case being her underwhelming performance in the Advent Children movie, which is what 90% of the community at most knew of FFVII for that fight. Also, many RWBY fans overlap with Death Battle from what I get, even before the merger, so they were likely siding with Yang from the get go.

It wasn't until the Sephiroth vs Vergil one that a second look was given.

And to be honest, as much as I hate the episode, the battle surely delivered in terms of entertainment, it looked amazing.

All you have to do is read four sentences into Kirby's powers and abilities section, and you'll see it. Anyways it's via Ghost Kirby, which he would be able to pull off via superior speed. Even if we make Buu universal, Kirby blitzes.He also has a ton of ways to win via hax. Kirby literally only has to pull out a Friend Heart and he wins.

Goku vs. Superman 1 & 2 was right according to Death Battle DC-composition rules (as seen on Ben 10 vs. Green Lantern).

Back