• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I have an idea to end Dc's winning streak.

Just put TOAA, Azathoth, The Law of Identity, and The Creator against literally anyone e╠Âx╠Âc╠Âe╠Âp╠Ât╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠ÂS╠Âu╠Âp╠Âe╠Âr╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Â.╠Â

Unoriginal Memes said:
I have an idea to end Dc's winning streak

Just put TOAA, Azathoth, The Law of Identity, and The Creator against literally anyone e╠Âx╠Âc╠Âe╠Âp╠Ât╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠ÂS╠Âu╠Âp╠Âe╠Âr╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Â.╠Â
Oh, please. Batman solo's everyone in fiction.

Yeah, that's right. They used Pre-Crisis for Hal. They didn't use it for Superman cause they mentioned they wouldn't. Such a stipulation was never mentioned for Hal. Are people still bringing up Goku vs Superman? The point of Death Battle is to showcase every feat they have done by theirself, which throws scaling out of the window (READ: they don't use sentences like "should be likely strong as x" which leads to another profile which leads to another profile cause the character x "should be as strong as y" and so on and so worth) in favor of dropping actual feats cause they're "outliers".

I mean, they're inconsistent with how they deal with NLFs. So, I didn't find it surprising when they gave Post-Crisis and New-52 Superman a handjob.

Honestly, though. I still enjoy their content. But oh, boy are they insanely inconsistent with their research.

Migue79 said:
Unoriginal Memes said:
I have an idea to end Dc's winning streak

Just put TOAA, Azathoth, The Law of Identity, and The Creator against literally anyone except for Superman.
The Presence: Come on I am only Tier 1 I am legit going to lose to The One Above All right?

The Writer: I wonder if I can McQueen him.

Well Winter Soldier vs Red Hood (Post-Crisis) or Mysterio vs Scarecrow (Post-Crisis) should end the DC winning streak. (Many Marvel small town characters should beat their DC counterparts as long as they have no crippling weaknesses.)

In terms of non-Marvel vs DC, Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) vs Noel Vermillio should help end the DC winning streak. If a crippled Mr. Freeze vs Weiss Schnee (which turns into Weiss Schnee vs Mitsuru Kirijo now).

Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis) should beat She-Ra and Mr. Freeze should beat Mei (Overwatch) tho.

The real cal howard said:
You need to remain consistent within their own show.
Like Marvel and DC small town characters are capped at Mach 2 (except Quicksilver (Marvel Comics)), Electro (Marvel Comics) shoots electricity instead of lightning, they prefer direct feats (outlier or not) over scaling blah blah blah.

Migue79 said:
Unoriginal Memes said:
Also, electricity should at least move 1% the speed of light. That's way above Mach 2.
Electricity is Relativistic(+?) IIRC
She says electricity in the air = Mach 1.634 so most "electricity" attacks are traveling at Mach 2 unless they are traveling along conductors. (Mach 2 in vacuum or in the air relativistic in copper wires something like that.)

DragonEmperor23 said:
Should I start to have hope on Mitsuru now?

• Weiss can create ice constructs but Mitsuru can bypass such defense
  • Weiss relies on aura for almost everything but Mitsuru can absorb that
  • Mitsuru looks more resistant to cold than Weiss is

Oh, right. Forgot the copper bit. Whoops >_<'

Also, Death Battle uses another measurement of lightning than us xd

The Presence: Come on I am only Tier 1 I am legit going to lose to The One Above All right?

The Writer: I wonder if I can McQueen him.

Well Winter Soldier vs Red Hood (Post-Crisis) or Mysterio vs Scarecrow (Post-Crisis) should end the DC winning streak. (Many Marvel small town characters should beat their DC counterparts as long as they have no crippling weaknesses.)

In terms of non-Marvel vs DC, Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) vs Noel Vermillio should help end the DC winning streak. If a crippled Mr. Freeze vs Weiss Schnee (which turns into Weiss Schnee vs Mitsuru Kirijo now).

Wonder Woman (Post-Crisis) should beat She-Ra and Mr. Freeze should beat Mei (Overwatch) tho.

The real cal howard said:
You need to remain consistent within their own show.
Like Marvel and DC small town characters are capped at Mach 2 (except Quicksilver (Marvel Comics)), Electro (Marvel Comics) shoots electricity instead of lightning, they prefer direct feats (outlier or not) over scaling blah blah blah.

Oh yeah. What did you think of Nightwing vs. Daredevil?

@Jason: Well, it's not if Mitsuru has a chance or not, rather how she's gonna get offered as a tribute for the RWBY primordial gods, no matter how strong she may be. Weiss winning fair and square would be perfectly fine, but we all resigned that the approach to this isn't "Who would win between Weiss and Mitsuru?" but "How can we make Weiss beat Mitsuru?".

If Screwattack wants to give Weiss a free win they could as well pit her against Asuna or even Mr. Freeze given how SA rejects MHS for Marvel and DC characters.

They must be sure Weiss can deliver a solid mountain busting feat compared to Mitsuru's vague power scaling in order to justify their verdicts.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

@tarta

Here we go: if Screwattack put Mitsuru Kirijo at anywhere not lower than universal tier and defeated Weiss Schnee in this episode, I am going to throw a suggestion of Noel Vermillio vs Aigis in the Death Battle suggestion form.

So the preview for Mitsuru came out and now I'm leaning towards Mitsuru because she can heal herself to a greater degree than Weiss can and is immune to ice, Weiss' bread and butter. Also, she has access to Artemesia instead of just Penthesilea. I don't know how much more powerful A is compared to P, does Persona evolution follow Pokemon rules (slight upgrade) or Digimon rules (HUUUGE upgrade)?

Persona Evolution is a slight upgrade, but one thing Artemesia has is that she no longer has the weakness to fire like Penthesilea did. Meaning Fire dust is no longer an argument.

I believe they mentioned it in the preview. Or I heard it from one of the few predictions. Speaking of predictions, is the g1 blog out?

Yeah, but the main argument with fire is that Mitsuru was weak to fire. Also, to counter fire, Megidolaon, i.e a powerful nuke that bypasses all forcefields, reflectors and resistances. Plus healing and energy draining.

I know, I'm still leaning towards Mitsuru now because she's faster, has more versatility, can heal herself more, and is not super weak to fire anymore

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Persona Evolution is a slight upgrade, but one thing Artemesia has is that she no longer has the weakness to fire like Penthesilea did. Meaning Fire dust is no longer an argument.
Wait when was that established? Cause she's still weak to fire in persona 3 and Q.

Megidolaon bypasses all defenses and resistances, so yeah it just bops Wiess. Even if she survives it once, Mitsuru can just keep spamming it, which she could and would definitely do.

Weiss isn't immune or resistant to ice, despite her ice theme. Ironic. Meanwhile, Mitsuru outright negates it. Looks like everyone's favorite "Weiss freezes GG" can be reversed this time around.

Actually, Weiss doesn't resist anything at all? Which is kinda bad for her, especially in this sort of fight with an elemental user and a heavy abuser of magic.

Weiss is outranged, outsped, and very likely to be out AP'd, unless that calc changes anything. Combined with the powerful hax Mitsuru can pull out (charms, multiple versions of debuffs, stat debuffs) and her own stat amps, I don't think it's possible for Weiss to take this. The literal only thing she has is her fire dust, but Mitsuru can just, I don't know, dodge it with her superior speed? She even has items to negate it completely, so it's 1 point for Weiss against a sea of points for Mitsuru.

Of course, we know how this will go, so why even bother? No matter the logical argument made, they have to please the people that write their paychecks.

Stat amps and stat debuffs are game mechanics, there's no reason for you to bring them in actual battles.

Back