• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (11) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

He was downgraded to High 8-C since, ages.
yeah, because Ant gets off on downgrades for anything comic-related and this wiki's marvel and DC pages are a ******* travesty.

Not Archie tho.

That's stayed pretty consistent.

Foxthefox1000 said:
He was downgraded to High 8-C since, ages.
yeah, because Ant gets off on downgrades for anything comic-related and this wiki's marvel and DC pages are a ******* travesty. Not Archie tho.
That's stayed pretty consistent.

archie went from 4-B to Low 2-C.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Madotsuki24 said:
Yeah, for some reason, most heroes in DC are 4-B, which should be changed immediately.
That's because most DC characters ARE 4-B?
Like many notable DC characters traded blows with The Flash, Superman and Wonder Woman and anyone scalable to them.

Worse still (as a matter of powerscaling), many Marvel characters traded blows with Jean Grey, Thor, The Hulk and Sentry, and we have at least 3 sub-tiers within 4-B.

Muh 3-A/Low 2-C is a generalization of the yearnings for the JLA being in 3-B to 1-A range. Most of them aren't outliers, but instead they are straight up out of context and debunkable if the context is given. Dominus? Even with his whole gimmick neutered he stomped a theoretically limiters-removed Superman and Supes only won by outsmarting him. Soulfire Darkseid/Source Wall explosion? Not even canon, Grant Morrison called the events of DotNG "apocryphal" and even then, Soulfire Darkseid stomped Supes. Emperor Joker? Stomped Superman, actually killed Supes with a 3-A bomb sigh. Infinite Realities shattered? Were illusions and they even put " " around realities to show they weren't. Survived the "big crunch" and punched death? It was the heat death which has no energy value or actual tier and it was all a dream. The list goes on

This leaves such a small handful of admittedly unfalsifiable feats in that 3-B to 1-A range that they are obvious outliers, I'm talking about a literal handful here, the number of actually legitimate feats here is tiny (Fighting Mordru, Quantum Mechanics, God Luthor, and Nebula Man and that's all I can remember). This is before even looking at the fact that we just jumble all the suberas of Post Crisis into one giant composite with no care to analyzing feats in the timeframe it came out. The Big Bang feat in Zero Hour? At that time (1994) it can be called into question if the JLA even surpass 5-A to 4-C.

Quite frankly, we are too nice on Superman and JLA with how we got things set up.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Wow, that's downplay alright
10/10 argument right here

I am not downplaying. I just actually spent a year reading this all and looking through the eras. I actually read Emperor Joker, Death of the New Gods, Our Worlds at War (Which I admit I am rusty on), Dominus Effect, Final Crisis (Also rusty), Infinite Crisis and more. We work on the profiles for our JLA and DC characters terribly.

I have gone into great lengths to looking at the era any given feat occurs in and the context and consistency plotwise. I am not "downplaying," I am just not giving kiddy gloves on absolutely invalid feats by weakly calling them outliers.

Pre-Zero Hour JLA has had a grand total of like 3-4 feats past tier 5. One of them being potentially connected to Pre-Crisis incarnations of the characters and thus invalid. One of the feats in-context couldn't be replicated by a much more powerful incarnation of the same character who endured it. One came in the same plotline where the relationship between matter and energy was wonky for Superman and it's possible he really didn't even endure the energy in the first place. The last eh IDK it seems like it was overtime and thus maybe like 5-A to Low 4-C.

Amazingly, the first feat after the Xanshi Feat which was full fledged High 4-C was in DC One Million 8 years after Cosmic Odyssey where Kyle Rayner initiates a planetoid sized star Solaris to go supernova and tries to hold it in. He puts so much effort and will-power trying to hold it in he starts hemorhaging and it's obvious he was going to fail so in the end Kal-Kent (As in the same Future Superman who could hold back a galaxy) had to help him with his force vision. This was 8 years and a major universal retcon event (Zero Hour) later.

FanofRPGs said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
I am not downplaying. I just actually spent a year reading this all and looking through the eras. I actually read Emperor Joker, Death of the New Gods, Our Worlds at War (Which I admit I am rusty on), Dominus Effect, Final Crisis (Also rusty), Infinite Crisis and more. We work on the profiles for our JLA and DC characters terribly.

I have gone into great lengths to looking at the era any given feat occurs in and the context and consistency plotwise. I am not "downplaying," I am just not giving kiddy gloves on absolutely invalid feats by weakly calling them outliers.
  • looks at superman fighting his 2-C golden age self*

ZephyrosOmega said:
FanofRPGs said:
ZephyrosOmega said:

• looks at superman fighting his 2-C golden age self*
The whole nature and state of the multiverse was frail at the time of Infinite Crisis, it wasn't exactly the most stable time given the boundaries of reality were collapsing already

and cool 5 feats laughs like The Count

Now question, which era did each happen in?

God, i need to sleep. First i have to deal with DMC stans, now DC downplay. Lemme know when you're done brown-nosing Ant's opinions.

Until I reread Infinite Crisis, I will concede on that argument for now

I do not know what Antvasima has to think about DC Comics, nor do I care. I have been analyzing and reading DC Comics since a year back when I was still banned and a vocal opponent of the wiki, this has nothing to do with biases like you just have claimed.

ZephyrosOmega said:
God, i need to sleep. First i have to deal with DMC stans, now DC downplay. Lemme know when you're done brown-nosing Ant's opinions.
Remember remember the 5th of november, the gun powder treason and plot. I know no reason, why the gun powder treason, should ever be forgot.

TitanCrusher101 said:
I was asleep, are you actually saying that DC should be downgraded to Large Planet?!
No, I was making a point we just conflate post crisis into one big profile with no attention paid to the sub-eras and retcons within it. And at the time of Zero Hour in 1994, it was in fact arguable the characters peaked at large planet level. Sure Supes reaches 4-B on his own by the time after Infinite Crisis, but we assume he is basically always 4-B, which leads to Doomsday being 4-B when he really shouldn't for example. This applies for the various proclaimed tier 3-B to 1-A feats Supes has too. Because people just list them all in a big list with no chronological order and context, it looks intimidating, but if one looks era by era within Post Crisis and analyzes the feat, the vast majority of them are totally out of context and wanked, and the only legitimate feats make up a very tiny minority, not nearly as it intimidatingly appears in many scan-dump respect threads.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Why should Doomsday be downgraded, if that's what you're implying?
Doomsday was only a real threat in his original appearance and Hunter/Prey and Doomsday Wars, before any of the consistent tier 4-B feats. By the time Superman trained with Mongul II in Superman #152-153 and had time to focus, he easily stomped Doomsday in Doomsday Rex and Infinite Crisis. He probably is 6-B to 6-A (arguably 5-A to 4-C or something if you tolerate a few feats) in Doomsday! and Hunter/Prey, High 4-C in Doomsday Wars/Our Worlds at War/Doomsday Rex, and he would be 4-B as Doomslayer.

There are at minimum 50 universe level feats in DC by the Justice League and they are all dismissed as "outliers" no matter how consistent or how relevant to the story it is.

Madotsuki24 said:
There are at minimum 50 universe level feats in DC by the Justice League and they are all dismissed as "outliers" no matter how consistent or how relevant to the story it is.
And how does the Universal feats compare to the big number of other lower tier feats?

Oh, if you mean that they do lower tier feats, that means that it's an inconsistency and an outlier or they didn't need to use their full power to achieve what they are doing.

Back