• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (6) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Theuser789 said:
Yeah, I think thematically all his matches are trash lol
Yeah, Silver has like no good opponents honestly. Plus, Trunks is more likely to fight Crono at this point. Ness vs Silver, while thematic, is a gigantic stomp for Ness, and Ness MIGHT have other opponents. Tetsuo vs Ness could be fun tbh.

> literally everywhere else would have Trunks win)

Doubt this one, I have seen multiple places having Sonic characters beating Dragon Ball characters, especialy recentely

@Agent

It's not a stomp here, they are equal in speed and Silver is infinitely stronger, Ness only wins because of his fatehax and other hax

Theuser789 said:

Doubt this one, I have seen multiple places having Sonic characters beating Dragon Ball characters, especialy recentely

@Agent

It's not a stomp here, they are equal in speed and Silver is infinitely stronger, Ness only wins because of his fatehax and other hax
I doubt that

Theuser789 said:

@Agent

Fair points I guess. Regardless, Ness is going to become a 2-B after the forum move, and likely Low 1-C, and is going to get things like plot manipulation, and other hax additions, so Ness will likely stomp when those go through. But hey, you never know.

Theuser789 said:

@Agent

Uni god tiers are legitimized but everyone has them get blitzed to heck and back and outlasting the time limit. We're the only ones with no time limit and immeasurable speed.

Tipper17 said:
EJthe24th said:
So, honestly, whose chances of winning are higher? Danny's or Yusuke's? Cause it seems Danny has the speed advantage while the Spirit Detective has the AP and Durability advantage.
We don't even know who Danny gonna fight.
I know but I'm basically saying in a hypothetical Death Battle. I really think it'd be an awesome fight and I already have an idea for who'd win. So can make a good argument for either winning?

Uni god tiers are legitimized but everyone has them get blitzed to heck and back and outlasting the time limit. We're the only ones with no time limit and immeasurable speed.

No one uses time limit nowadays outside of Death Battle and it's fanbase, plus you are right about immesurable the way we use it, but most people either place Sonic faster via actual feats, people using Generations time fix or Null Space escape to wank Base Sonic speed, or just because they are Sonic

The idea that Sonic is super slow outside of immesurable is a idea mainly from here

@User. That's the casual debaters. The same people who say Link loses to all of Naruto or that Kakashi is gonna stomp this match. The more high tier a franchise looks, the more the casuals highball it. And Sonic looks high tier.

Most people have Super Sonic at like, millions c at most. I'm the one who has to vouch for millions c Sonic actually. Which is why most of the matchups against their popular classic matchups like Mario Bros., Kirby, Dragon Ball, and Mega Man X, they wind up getting blitzed. They beat most of their lower tier matchups quite handily though. Anything from Pokémon that doesn't scale to G4 or G7, classic Mega Man, pretty much every popular anime that's not Dragon Ball.

The main DB crowd behind the scenes believes FTL and country base with 6 digit c and universal Super. But again, they have the time limit in place.

@Cal

Yes, I was talking about the "normies", I already know the views of this site and Death Battle, they aren't the majority, which was my point

Also I am suprised they believe universal supers tbh

If they do make Silver vs Trunks they need to include Archie a Silver mainly due to the fact that the Goku Black arc is just a copy of Dark Mobius, even including the bullshit defeat that makes sense

Genericstickman said:
If they do make Silver vs Trunks they need to include Archie a Silver mainly due to the fact that the Goku Black arc is just a copy of Dark Mobius, even including the bullshit defeat that makes sense
Silver vs Trunks would be most interesting with composites imo.

Theuser789 said:
@Cal
Yes, I was talking about the "normies", I already know the views of this site and Death Battle, they aren't the majority, which was my point

Also I am suprised they believe universal supers tbh
The DB researchers afaik believe in Universal Supers for the Hedgehogs (or at least think it's fine). Just not Immeasurable speed.

One, Strunton himself wasn't sold on Universal Super Hedgehogs at the time that episode was made. Two, I think Strunton wasn't directly involved with the research for that episode, as he appeared on the G1 Fan Blog and said that the verdict would be decided by what statistics were given to the two, and that he did not know exactly what DB would use.

The DB researchers afaik believe in Universal Supers for the Hedgehogs (or at least think it's fine). Just not Immeasurable speed.

That's news for me, especialy after Mario vs Sonic 2

@Genericstickman

Shrug

Think it was different researchers. Dunno if, uh, their opinion has changed. Might have to ask them personally.

@Unoriginal Memes

Actually, at least 2 researchers.

Multiversal. Thanos vs Darkseid was very very very even. The only tipping point is that Thanos lacked in the range department, and that was the deciding factor.

The real cal howard said:
They buy uni SS. They just buy uni Mario too.
The only reason I was suprised it's because they had textboxes explaining why Sonic can't scale to Solaris and the Time Eater thus he wasn't universal in the battle

Only like one or two of them buy it iirc, so I'm seriously doubting that they are gonna portray them as Universal in the show if we get another Sonic episode. But hey, you never know. I'm personally neutral on the issue myself, but I guess anything is possible.

The real cal howard said:
The ones I talk to don't scale to Solaris or Eater. They do however scale to Egg Wizard.
agree, I always found Solaris SFSU g to be very iffy given the context. As for the other Universal threats, I'm on the fence of weather or not I consider them to scale. But how Vs Battles portrays it as ranging from MSS-Universal depending on circumstances or whatever the context is is also likely the case.

Back