• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Probs scale him from tanking a ton of pokémon attacks as well as humans like Bea proving you can kinda have a human fight on par with a 'mon. Hell, Ash-Greninja is kinda just Ash and Greninja linking and he had some stuff with Lucario.

That's if I had to guess.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Probs scale him from tanking a ton of pokémon attacks as well as humans like Bea proving you can kinda have a human fight on par with a 'mon. Hell, Ash-Greninja is kinda just Ash and Greninja linking and he had some stuff with Lucario.

That's if I had to guess.
I mean sure he has superhuman physical characteristics but that doesn't mean he's good at fighting people.

I don't think the important part was that Ash is a skilled fighter,I think it was just that Ash via calcs and scaling according to them would have the better stats, making skill irrelevant.

Yeah, I figured.

Tier 6 Pika is alright with me for sure. This wiki has Pika at 4-B via a Z-Move tho so Ash pretty much beats all his opponents for DB going by this wiki's stats.

Imaginym said:
Wait, Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia? What's the reasoning that that battle is happening?!
This is technically among the well-requested Death battle matchups and has even been a Community Death Battle matchup (with quite close vote ratio even), so it may likely turn into a Death Battle.
Zamasu Chan said:
What do you think Screw Attack would do if they were to put Saitama in a Death Battle?
For a character who has yet to show its true potential they tend to:
1. Wait until the said character has reached its true potential
2. Pick an opponent that they think the matchup with the said character will have a very clear cut verdict (with close connections)
3. Pick another character who has also yet to show its true potential
4. Just do it anyway if super well requested and meets the best timing to showcase it.
I personally think Saitama will fight against Krilli, Popeye or Axe Cop (Character), matches in which Saitama will very likely lose.

Even in the ONE webcomic there still hasn't been any mention of the true nature of Saitama's power, mention of how he's so strong or hints of a limit right? He's still just one-shotting everyone and getting frustated because of it?

TartaChocholate said:
Even in the ONE webcomic there still hasn't been any mention of the true nature of Saitama's power, mention of how he's so strong or hints of a limit right? He's still just one-shotting everyone and getting frustated because of it?
What types of hax does Saitama even resist?

Ah yeah Death Battle Goro does not even scale to Death Battle weakened avatar Raiden - and it matters not even if they do. They did give him speed advantage though by scaling above Kabal and literally counting the speed of punching 1,000 times in 2 seconds.

Just watched the live premiere. So, dramatization animation much? I mean, I don't think Goro shouldn't have been able to hurt Machamp as much as he did.

Still pretty good animation, though. Also, is it me, or did they act like Goro had the skill advantage & not make much mention of Machamp having mastered every martial art? I guess it was the intelligence & speed factor.

Imaginym said:
Just watched the live premiere. So, dramatization animation much? I mean, I don't think Goro shouldn't have been able to hurt Machamp as much as he did.
Still pretty good animation, though. Also, is it me, or did they act like Goro had the skill advantage & not make much mention of Machamp having mastered every martial art? I guess it was the intelligence & speed factor.
Learning every martial arts vs training some martial arts and fighting opponents with all different martial arts pal.

Matters not when the power gap is massive.

Jasonsith said:
Learning every martial arts vs training some martial arts and fighting opponents with all different martial arts pal.
Matters not when the power gap is massive.
@Jasonsith: "MACHAMP is known as the POKéMON that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is thrown far over the horizon."

My apologies, but "mastered". Not "learning" or "having learned". Perhaps you confused it with one of Machop's entries?

"Loves to build its muscles. It trains in all styles of martial arts to become even stronger." "MACHOP exercises by hefting around a GRAVELER as if it were a barbell. There are some MACHOP that travel the world in a quest to master all kinds of martial arts."

And the reason I brought up them acting like Goro had the skill advantage is because of some dialogue in the post analysis:

Boomstick: "While Machamp's resilience came in handy, Goro's fighting styles continued to put Machamp to the test again and again."

Their own post analysis noted their scaling for Goro's speed, but not much analysis, & called Machamp "almost 170,000 times more powerful" & noted that Machamp probably fight each other, bringing up the idea that Machamp's durability scales to its AP.

So, am I misunderstanding something, or did they have Goro tear off the arm of someone, whom, by their logic, is roughly 170K times more durable than Goro is powerful for dramatization purposes?

Probably. Still this is the second MK fight this season in JUST OVER A MONTH. They have to realize that MK doesn't need to be there every season, nor do we need a Marvel vs DC fight for what feels like every season.

Bware1 said:
Probably. Still this is the second MK fight this season in JUST OVER A MONTH. They have to realize that MK doesn't need to be there every season, nor do we need a Marvel vs DC fight for what feels like every season.
To be fair Season 5 completely lacked one, and seasons 3/4/6 only had one each.

Since they're putting out fights faster than previous seasons, it definitely feels like stuff is popping up more frequently.

Also, what would our stance be on Machamp having multiple abilities? In the animation, it had both Knock Off and Guts. I know you can't have that in normal Pokemon, but would it be okay for a VSBW or DB fight?

Something else about their analysis. When they calculate Seismic Toss, they say "Considering an average weight of 200 kilograms for any given Pokemon" . XD

Anyone else think 200 kg for an average Pokemon is a bit high, considering that's the weight of almost 3.3 grown men?

Some of the lightest Pokemon that weigh 200 kg or more include Scolipede, Crustle & Metang. At 210 kg, we have Onix. Several Legendary Pokemon also fall in this weight range. Is that really an average Pokemon weight?! XD

@Sorvoe551: What The Axiom of Virgo said. I can't think of anything that would make Knock Off Guts Machamp illegal in regular Pokemon, seeing as Machamp's line learns Knock Off by level up at Level 16, the move is usable in Sword & Shield, & Guts is one of their regular, non-hidden Abilities.

Back