• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbf, why need combat training when none is physically matching you and you can laser them to death, its like Death Battle put it, he is dominant in his universe, but outside it, there is always a bigger fish
While I agree in theory, I think it shows a need for it in practice in even his own universe.

Temp V Butcher, perhaps Soldier Boy, Queen Maeve... it might even help against Vicky Vale.
All of them could be more surmountable if he had some actual skill, be that in close combat, or more advanced uses of his powers.

Like, for example, Homelander has a sonic scream AND super-hearing! In theory, he could pull off some echo-location stuff to further enhance his perception, or even aim the sonic attacks based on how sound bounces off of surfaces.

It's unclear whether his heat vision beams are more percussive/puncturing/piercing or just heat. If they're heat, combine that with the force of moving air from a sonic attack, & he could in theory do remote welding or such.

Heck, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if he would've been able to lift, or at least hold back/slow down that plane & carry it to safety if he beamed the wings off. They provide aerodynamic structure, so maybe not a good idea, but if it's already on a crash course & the way to save it is a hero holding it back, the reduced mass might matter.

I'm just speculating, but y'all get what I mean, right?

as both cases are apparently out-of-character from their comic counterparts.
Oh no, the movie version is different from the comic!...
AND? They are their own versions of the characters, with a totally different path from the comics, just look at Thanos, Ironman, Ego, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. from the MCU, They are totally different from their comic book versions and worked quite well ((before Marvel changed several of those from the comics to resemble the MCU)

Last edited:
TBH, it should be using Homelander using Heat Vision there, but....
Sometimes I think he's just such a scrub that I wonder just WHAT, if anything Homelander was taught there in his formative years at Vought.

They engineered him to be America's greatest hero, but didn't teach him fundamentals for combat? Or did his egomaniac self just not let such things sink in?
They mostly tested weapons on him. He's got crazy PTSD. But they also set him up in fights against enemies, he probably just won instantly every time.

They mostly tested weapons on him. He's got crazy PTSD. But they also set him up in fights against enemies, he probably just won instantly every time.
Shame he probably killed anyone meant to teach him.
While I agree in theory, I think it shows a need for it in practice in even his own universe.

Temp V Butcher, perhaps Soldier Boy, Queen Maeve... it might even help against Vicky Vale.
All of them could be more surmountable if he had some actual skill, be that in close combat, or more advanced uses of his powers.

Like, for example, Homelander has a sonic scream AND super-hearing! In theory, he could pull off some echo-location stuff to further enhance his perception, or even aim the sonic attacks based on how sound bounces off of surfaces.

It's unclear whether his heat vision beams are more percussive/puncturing/piercing or just heat. If they're heat, combine that with the force of moving air from a sonic attack, & he could in theory do remote welding or such.

Heck, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if he would've been able to lift, or at least hold back/slow down that plane & carry it to safety if he beamed the wings off. They provide aerodynamic structure, so maybe not a good idea, but if it's already on a crash course & the way to save it is a hero holding it back, the reduced mass might matter.

I'm just speculating, but y'all get what I mean, right?
With what I said here, I feel like there's a comparison to draw between Homelander & Frieza.

Frieza was naturally strong, & one of the greatest threats in his setting, albeit, with superiors both before & after his initial focus.

But when Frieza put in some effort for the first time in his life & trained for four months, he became one of the most powerful beings, & surpassed many who were previously beyond him.
I know Homelander ain't in that kind of story, but he could do with some discipline, & putting in some actually proper effort for once in his life.

I'm not sure the full details myself, but here's what I got off of Twitter: you know how The Boys takes the idea of friendly superheroes and makes them corporate and has the public essentially worship them? Apparently Gunn's doing a sort of commentary on that: it has a bunch of heroes who work directly for a megacorporation, but details how people prefer the usual friendly superhero stuff. Now that's not the main issue with the film (at least from what I saw): the issue seemed to be more about the corporate heroes and their boss, as both cases are apparently out-of-character from their comic counterparts.
Hmm I guess this might rub off some people since it is still commentary, so it might annoy people even if Supes kinda was that already lol

Wait, is this about Waller and bunch of D-tiers appearing in 1st movie? I guess this might annoy people in Superman movie.

Mordecai and Rigby are from Regular Show, which aired on Cartoon Network
....I must be getting tired, I read "Mordecai & Rigby" as "Rick & Morty" or something somehow.
I did recently see a promotion for a new Rick & Morty anime, which may have influenced my brain patterns a bit, but still.
Like, Imaginym, why didn't you double check? You were thinking "Rick & Morty? Don't they stomp Charlie & Pim?" before you made the post, darnit dangit, lol!

....I must be getting tired, I read "Mordecai & Rigby" as "Rick & Morty" or something somehow.
I did recently see a promotion for a new Rick & Morty anime, which may have influenced my brain patterns a bit, but still.
Like, Imaginym, why didn't you double check? You were thinking "Rick & Morty? Don't they stomp Charlie & Pim?" before you made the post, darnit dangit, lol!
I mean Mordo and Rigs also stomp Pim and Charlie.

All they have to do is go "send them to the moon, send them to the moon, ooooh. Send Pim and Charlie to the moon!"

Or use some classic Death Kwon Do

how did you come up it?
Certain memes surrounding a certain event that just so happened yesterday
I mean Mordo and Rigs also stomp Pim and Charlie.

All they have to do is go "send them to the moon, send them to the moon, ooooh. Send Pim and Charlie to the moon!"

Or use some classic Death Kwon Do
I’m waiting till they get more feats, shows have similar vibes to me.

Last edited:
jddhakks9kcd1.jpeg

I said this ages ago on this same thread, but I'm still of the belief that Cinder should win with relatively mid difficulty since Cinder scales to a few high ends herself (that aren't from the Anthology manga). One of those high ends being that her power scales above the potency of Ozpin's magic shield and broke through it pretty quickly during their fight when Oscar, who is a weaker reincarnation of Ozpin, was able to create a similar shield that was completely unaffected by the explosion which completely destroyed Monstra (a Grimm whale whose KE was calced at over 180 megatons on here) and dispersed a storm worth over 62 megatons.

Now I don't know much about Avatar's high ends myself, and I'm sure you could contest Cinder's high ends somehow, but just based off what was presented for Azula in the blog? I think Cinder's high ends gave her a very significant AP advantage on top of having similar speed, better versatility, and all that jazz.

Teddy is still the biggest chad of the presidents
He's even a bigger chad when you learn that Teddy spoke for fifty minutes after being shot before he finally accepted medical attention, as he reportedly said this to the crowd: "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

I mean goddamn, Teddy was the closest America has had to a real life Armstrong.

He's even a bigger chad when you learn that Teddy spoke for fifty minutes after being shot before he finally accepted medical attention, as he reportedly said this to the crowd: "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

I mean goddamn, Teddy was the closest America has had to a real life Armstrong.
What makes him even more of a chad is the fact that the bullet wasn't removed from his chest, it stayed there til his death, Teddy was a fuсking beast

Back