• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I think Esdeath could possibly get that level at base since they did a weird mix of low ball and high ball with their numbers. They took the minimum amount of days needed to fit the "few days" criteria, but they guessed that it took all of her daily power to make the fraction of the soldiers. There are combinations of more days but less of her total power used that could produce a similar number, so I think they found a decent average

Also, doesn't ISCIC basically act like a car battery for her power? It doesn't seem to boost it much based on the description because she took her stockpiled power to activate it, then was basically hooked up to a charger for the rest of the fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I know next to nothing about AGK

Last question, what level of regen do you need to beat out powerful poison? This will actually affect the accuracy of a certain DB match we're discussing in the accuracy thread

Sorvoe551 said:
Last question, what level of regen do you need to beat out powerful poison? This will actually affect the accuracy of a certain DB match we're discussing in the accuracy thread
Well looking back at the famous fight of Akame vs Esdeath. Akame slashed Esdeath with her "poison" spell curse twice. One time onto her limb and the other time onto her trunk. For the limb cut, Esdeath managed to react and cut her forearm before the curse spread to her main trunk. Even if Esdeath got cursed with her main body, she managed to groan for Tatsumi (manga) or even hug Tatsumi (anime) before dying for good.

So the reaction speed/combat speed ratio as well as the distance between the curse contact point and the vital organs (if any) should determine well how good the Regenerationn needs to counteract with the curse spreading.

And we all know how slow AGK characters are compared to KLK characters.

Regenerationn speed as well as potency matters. For instance Deadpool has crazy Regenerationn over time but Carnage has much better Regenerationn speed.

Side note: I wonder if Rooster Teeth is a hater against Janemba - like not many times the victor wins by speed and hax against an opponent with drastic AP advantage.

Janemba speed and hax
Janemba

Esdeath: "Know your place!"

Ice King: "I do know my place! I live in a mountain. Pretty sweet dig if you ask me."

Esdeath:"..."

Ice King: "Wanna come over and meet my buddy Gunther?"

Esdeath:*Tries to fling ice at ice king but gets it redirected at her and she blasts into a million pieces*

Ice King: "uh... I guess that's a no, then?..." *flies off with beard wings*

Foxthefox1000 said:
Lmao yep. That's how I feel.

But it seems most agree with it or are "unsure" so I'm in the minority :c
Meh it's 50/50 type of debate could argue either could win tbh depending on how your interpretative the feats

Can't knock off my emerald crown The cold cosmos forged my emerald crown A force of justice from a league of renown The cosmos are mine The cosmos are mine Baby

Next time on Community Death Battle spoilers
Genos vs Katsuki Bakugou is next. Poor Genos.
Death Battle actually does well in bringing in the flavour of the characters back to the battle. This is shown also in their music style.

Someone mentions Emerald Heroes, but why nobody mentions Kings of Infinity?

Speaking of which, after a cryomancer Death Battle of male vs male, female vs female and male vs female, anyone is interested in a monster vs monster one? Feels sorry how Regice is shattered in front of SMT Jack Frost tho

Tipper17 said:
I Wonder which fight will generate a massive shitstorm Steven universe vs Star Butterfly or Giorno Giovanna vs Joker (P5) DB need to do one do these fights to generate mass salt
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Steven most definitely
PuasLuisZX said:
Isn't Joker vs Giorno Giovanna already a shitstorm debate?
Well we need to also consider how "mature" the fanbases are.

Speaking of which, is Steven Universe ending? Is Steven settled as a mere stone wall?

Steven Universe is ending today, the finale is coming out tonight. It's an hour long, and based on the setup for it, I'm concerned for Steven's well being

Also, Steven has definitely shown offensive capability, but stonewalling is still his specialty. This last season has had less fighting and has more focused on hurting Steven

What are the close connections between Steven Universe and Star Butterfly again?

Just wondering if poor Steven actually has a better opponent to wash Screwattack away from promoting feminism.

Death Battle Cast

1. Many of Gray's skills and some of Esdeath's are not shown because of budget constraint.

2. Demon's Extract from Esdeath does not resemble demons in Fairy Tail.

3. Gray is not immune to ice, only resistant, as shown by his fight with Invel Yura, who can also create massive ice storms and can create an ice armor (like Esdeath did).

4. Esdeath is given "some" Ice Cavalry but not in a 3-day-worth volume.

5. The translation of a "some day" Ice Storm Commander in Chief to her true no-prep-time power is tricky and Ben aims to give a rough gauge. And once Ben finds his (really rough) gauge on the discounted ISCIC attack is way higher than what Gray has dished or tanked before, he decided to stop without estimating statistics that do not exist. (Including a highball that the ice cavalry can be summoned much faster or with much higher efficiency than making it one by one as literally claimed by Esdeath herself.)

6. Gray can turn Esdeath's ice against her, but due to the previously calculated AP yield gap between Esdeath and Gray, Ben believed Esdeath has more control of her own ice. Esdeath can also switch to physical attacks that Gray cannot use against.

7. Supposedly the fight is not an example of analysis. But the crew did try hard to re-create the tastes of the characters and showcase how powers can counter with each other and make the scene cool within the budget. The fight is meant to (partly at least) reflect the research. Death Battle is about pitting characters across fiction verses that did not interact normally unless an official crossover happens, and there will always be many possibilities. (Those running a few times Gray can use clones or not use clones in 2 out of 5 scenarios.)

8. Why is Goro vs Machamp? It is a fun script. A first 3D Death Battle with a Mortal Kombat character. Also "requested" (esp. by "one Rooster Teeth crew") for a long time. Also, believe it or not, the Death Battle crew consider this a fun fight. And even more, a gag fight. Possibly a joke battle.

8.1. Spoiler alert: the analysis for Machamp gets ridiculous.

The Community Death Battle of Frieza vs Galvatron (IDW)... gets screwed so hard. Which spawned the content of that Sudden Death.

And yeah Genos vs Katsuki Bakugou is the next Community Death Battle.

Watching a few Paw Patrol episodes, I wonder if Paw Patrol is better off fighting LazyTow than fighting Samurai Pizza Cats.

Back