• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are debatable matchups where people debate on which sides stomp.
There are other matches where people know the verdict and just want awesome fights.

Hank Pym Ant-Man >(stomps)> Atom >(stomps)> Scott Lang Ant-Man

Do you believe Black Adam (Post-Crisis) will destroy Apocalypse (Marvel Comics) super hard by now? (Given the DC herald scaling seem "more reliable" than the Marvel herald scaling) The poll seems pretty close otherwise.
Apocalypses has some hax that could threaten Black Adam i think if not mainly his regeneration would be a bitch to deal with

I'm still hoping that they'll include characters from Saint Seiya and Katekyo Hitman Reborn in fights at some point, but given how niche those series are, it doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon

I think the people is kinda hard with Red VS Blue, im really exited with the fight, even i start to watch again RvB for that.

Of course, the Blue team wins, Tucker is the best figther from the non-freelancers, caboose is really strong, and damn if count church, he cant die, and posses the red, even worst with tex and wash.

Yeah aren’t they changing the cast up next season I saw the trailer a while ago. I think only Carolina is staying. They are essentially pulling a JoJo and changing the crew except for one holdover.

I don't know how to feel about the fight because honestly, Venom is my favorite antihero along with Crona being my top 5 favorite characters in Soul Eater but it seems like the QnA has everyone skeptical. Aside from that, the fight and music was awesome.

I have one question though: Is Donny Cates still writing for Venom?

I don't know how to feel about the fight because honestly, Venom is my favorite antihero along with Crona being my top 5 favorite characters in Soul Eater but it seems like the QnA has everyone skeptical. Aside from that, the fight and music was awesome.

I have one question though: Is Donny Cates still writing for Venom?

Yep, though we might be entering the grand finale when King in Black arrives.

Also, I have a list I've been putting together of dream DBs I want to see:

-Kaneki Ken vs Kei Kurono (Tokyo Ghoul vs Gantz): Battle of the teenage boys thrown into a world of monsters.

-Sniper Mask vs The Sniper/Sniper Wolf/The Quiet/Widowmaker (Tenkuu Shinpan vs TF2/Metal Gear/Overwatch): Battle of the OP snipers.

-Kazuma Kiryu vs Tokita Ohma (Yakuza vs Kengan Ashura): Battle of the boys with extremely efficient martial arts styles.

-Goro Majima vs Thorkell (Yakuza vs Vinland Saga): Battle of the one-eyed wackos

-Thorfinn vs Hiccup (Vinland Saga vs How to Train Your Dragon): Battle of the Viking kids.

God I was so pissed when it happened. Nearly got kicked off the old Screwattack forums because of it.
Folks on The obd were pissed off cause of it lol

was reading through stuff on fights some guy disagrees with but nails this one

Yang vs Tifa: Well, do I even need to talk about this one? This wasn’t the worst Death Battle in the sense of stacking the deck against the opponent. That would be Link vs Cloud. But in terms of pure bias? Oh yeah, this was the worst one.

Pro-tip guys: Learn what “conflict of interest” means.

Don’t use your own characters. Don’t put a big DEDICATED TO MONTY OUM sign up before the fight. Don’t put your characters against characters that influenced them.

If you break these rules, you’re going to look biased. Even if you aren’t, you’re going to look biased. If I ever run a fight with a Power of Stardust or Martin’s School character, I’m going to look biased if I have the character do anything but lose. That’s just how it is.

Say Marvel decided to write a story where Sentry beats the shit out of Superman. It would look kind of pathetic, wouldn’t it?

If it was just a matter of bad booking, Yang vs Tifa wouldn’t get the heat it does. But they cooked it to get their girl over.

“Yang is stronger because she cracked a pillar” was a travesty. Even a middle schooler would understand what’s wrong with treating the weight a pillar can support as being the same as the force required to break it horizontally.

Here’s an experiment you can try, geniuses: try and break a tree in half not by sawing it but by stacking weights on it until it bends.

What’s worse is that after the fight, episodes of RWBY had Yang lose to characters wayyyyy below Tifa’s level. Ben and Chad would have known about these episodes. Instead of waiting for these episodes to air, they pushed out Yang vs Tifa so Yang’s durability wouldn’t be shot.

Bad form. And now it’s an albatross around their necks and will be an albatross around their necks forever. They could be running Death Battle a decade from now and people will still question their judgement because of Yang vs Tifa.

^ Couldn't have said it better myself, definitely feel a bit vindicated.

I remember a tweet Ben sent out about the clip where Yang gets her arm cut off, and he says he got to have a heads up of the scene. He was then called out for how they totally BS'd Yang durability. I think he deleted the tweet because of the reply.

I liked Yang vs Tifa tbh. Like yeah it’s obviously wrong and stuff but it’s a fun fight with a good animation for the time. And of course RWBY music is always a win. Also seeing all of Tifa’s limit breaks were so cool. So while she did lose when she was supposed to have won, I like how she was represented in the fight.

If King Ghidorah gets in, who do you think they'll have him fight? I'm trying to think of appropriate dragons, but nothing is coming to mind. Doesn't help that he's huge compared to all of them.

King Ghidorah VS Rayquaza has been requested even though I don't understand why
What about King Ghidorah vs Hydreigon? Battle of literal "three-headed dragon"s.

Yeah King Ghidorah is fighting this or Deathwing or (less likely) Rayquaza.

(Late for the party but anyway) Will read the Q&A and watch the cast if I have time. Busy IRL.

For Yang vs Tifa, I believe Death Battle research crew are not believing 4-B EOS FF7 crew in the first place.
Hell they even come out with things as below:
Wiz in Sephiroth vs Vergil said:

So Yang & Tifa are likely being much weaker in that episode.

Last edited:
If King Ghidorah gets in, who do you think they'll have him fight? I'm trying to think of appropriate dragons, but nothing is coming to mind. Doesn't help that he's huge compared to all of them.
Fin Fang Foom?

Maybe it's the FFF fan in me speaking, but it'd be a good match, methinks.

I can already hear the introduction to that episode:
Wiz: "Dragons. Fearsome legendary creatures, often laying waste to brave knights and entire kingdoms. But where do they come from?"
Boomstick: "Well, from space, of course!"

dduzylf-457dc123-7840-46a2-ae15-a1f262843289.jpg

For Yang vs Tifa, I believe Death Battle research crew are not believing 4-B EOS FF7 crew in the first place.
Hell they even come out with things as below:

So Yang & Tifa are likely being much weaker in that episode.

While I can see where they are coming from, other side materials also mention how the Supernova does really cause that much destruction.

And, if you ask me, saying that Sephiroth has a clairvoyance strong enough to scan the universe for a specific and teleport to that specific location in an instant is a much bigger stretch than simply assuming that the Supernova has the restriction of being confined to Sephiroth's alternate dimension or that the Planet from FFVII is simply that sturdy given how much of a deal is made about the power of the Lifestream. (And also contradicts Advent Children, if he can go anywhere he wants in the universe and see clearly what's out there, he wouldn't need to take over the Planet and use it as a vessel to go look for a new ideal one)

Though, to be fair, not that many people outside specific sites actually buy 4-B FFVII so it's not just DB.

@Thestrikingzebra: I kind of agree there? While everybody has pointed out the many issues with the research, I also think the fight sequence delivered like almost always, fast paced and exciting and even if it didn't make it into the research, at least Tifa's moves were shown in battle. Some complain Tifa was OOC, but it's not like DB has that much time in the fight to develop a conflict when a villiain is not involved so it's always forced when it comes to two good guys fighting. And I actually liked Tia Ballard's performance as Tifa (Yang got her official VA so no complains there, of course)

Comes as kind of hypocritical from me given I've complained a lot about it in the past, but... well I've cooled down about it.

Though to be honest, while I liked the fight sequence itself, I can't say I liked the Death Battle. I guess my biggest gripe is how incomplete it felt? You had two martial artists yet it only came to who can hit harder, but never compared how they measured in terms of speed, technique, experience, how do their fighting styles matchup to each other's and all that. IIRC they only mentioned how hard Tifa would hit and how much damage Yang could take, and that's about it, but not mention of Yang's base power, the possible increase of her aura (which doesn't justify itself, Yang has plethora of feats and they had Rooster Teeth for a bit of Word of God for details that were still vague back then like the mechanics of the Aura or Yang's semblance), Tifa's durability or anything.

Yang vs Tifa is definitely a taboo and a pain in the eye unless Yang and Tifa returns into Death Battle - against each other or against another combatant. (Is Yang Xiao Long vs Katsuki Bakugou or Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy) vs Hibiki Tachibana good enough?

An impulse in myself makes me do this before I sleep.

Oh I am in insomnia so another one for ya. Not sponsored. And not necessarily representing my political position just find it funny.

Make America King Again
America Loses if B**** And H**** Rule the Nation

Last edited:
Yang vs Tifa is definitely a taboo and a pain in the eye unless Yang and Tifa returns into Death Battle - against each other or against another combatant. (Is Yang Xiao Long vs Katsuki Bakugou or Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy) vs Hibiki Tachibana good enough?

An impulse in myself makes me do this before I sleep.

Oh I am in insomnia so another one for ya. Not sponsored. And not necessarily representing my political position just find it funny.

Make America King Again
America Loses if B**** And H**** Rule the Nation
Or Yang vs Leone can work, but everyone knows who wins that battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back