• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also curious what the last two episodes are?
we know Swann is writing the season finale so it's definitely gonna involve notable characters

They're relatively close in AP and Dura last I checked unless they find some insane feat and scale it to either one, but it really comes down to speed and hax.

I know One Piece characters can reach rela and even lightspeed apparently nowadays, so that makes me scared for Lee given I don't think he can scale to FTL or rela stuff? Maybe I'm wrong.

But even if he does, he's slightly faster or even at best in speed and I'm fairly sure Sanji has the better repertoire of abilities? Like, he's got more going for him in the department of hax/versatility. He's also probably more skilled and intelligent I wanna say plus more experienced.

Sanji VS Lee above all else is one of those fights where I believe it actually comes down to those other factors beyond the stat trinity, and that's where Lee falls short. At least I think.

Maybe there is some funky shit he or Sanji can scale to that makes this a stomp.

Eh. Lee is stated to be able to use the 8th Gate...buuuut we never see him use it, so dunno if that'd even be applicable.

Also, I remember hearing the RT have One Piece at island level.

Eh. Lee is stated to be able to use the 8th Gate...buuuut we never see him use it, so dunno if that'd even be applicable.

Also, I remember hearing the RT have One Piece at island level.

Awesome, I was rooting for Sanji but was worried Lee would take it since he had a Gigaton feat by destroying a meteor in Boruto while the best feat shown that Sanji could scale to was the megaton feat of Zoro slicing up Pica.

How far into Island? Like, who would be stronger.

Also, since when has a statement saying they can accomplish an ability someone else can in a verse but never used it stop us before? Think there existed cases in comics where we scaled holders of a certain ability to someone who had the capability to access that same power before and no one had issues. Hell, we've done it for plenty of fights I'm pretty sure.

How far into Island? Like, who would be stronger.

Also, since when has a statement saying they can accomplish an ability someone else can in a verse but never used it stop us before? Think there existed cases in comics where we scaled holders of a certain ability to someone who had the capability to access that same power before and no one had issues.
Certainly won't stop Death Battle. Even though Sasuke lost, they did mention he should be able to use all the powers of Rinnegan that Pain used despite never being shown using them. And they did list Beerus as having similar abilities that Buu used like the mind hax resistance. And I want to say him screaming portals into existence but might be misremembering?

Yeah, exactly. I feel like not including it even though canon actually has a statement acknowledging it is blatantly hypocritical given the same justifications and leniency given to other characters in previous fights.

So taking into account the 8th Gate he can go into in accordance to canon, logically he'd have the same abilities as Gai. Maybe not as skilled or potent but still comparable. I don't see why this wouldn't be fair and logical.

And if we do allow it, which I believe we should to be fair and consistent with previous battles, 8th Gate Lee eradicates.

But if not it's still fairly close anyways. But that statement is definitely gonna be huge when/if we get to that MU

Certainly won't stop Death Battle. Even though Sasuke lost, they did mention he should be able to use all the powers of Rinnegan that Pain used despite never being shown using them. And they did list Beerus as having similar abilities that Buu used like the mind hax resistance. And I want to say him screaming portals into existence but might be misremembering?
The screaming thing was scaling to gotenks and super Buu doing that along vegeta destroying the HTC
Yeah, exactly. I feel like not including it even though canon actually has a statement acknowledging it is blatantly hypocritical given the same justifications and leniency given to other characters in previous fights.
I get ya we’ll have to see how they do it next month

Dunno how high into island honestly. And I guess I should've worded that better. Iirc they have Luffy specifically at island level, and I don't follow OP enough to know if Sanji is comparable to Luffy nowadays.

And the thing with Lee and the 8th Gate is we don't know if he's at all comparable to 8th Gate Guy or how long he can even use it, given that he's, well, never even used it or scales to anything remotely close to Guy using that ability, so it'd be weird to just say that 8th Gate Lee = 8th Gate Guy. That said, I guess you can just say that 8th Gate Lee upscales unquantifiably from his 7th Gate stats.

Or who knows. Maybe they will scale him to 8th Gate Guy...

Last edited:
Either way I'm pretty sure 8th Gate still gives him the stat amp he needs to be able to destroy Sanji in stats given I haven't seen anything higher than Island for Sanji and I don't think he'd fully scale to Luffy anyways? Idk. He probably will get boosted in the future though.

And apparently you can make arguments for Rela Lee as well should Sanji be Rela as well. And with his 8 qualitatively tiered stat amps I feel like he'd have a much higher AP than Sanji when all is said and done and would need only one attack to connect to end it.

But meh. We'll get to that match when we get to jt

Flash VS Sonic also has many likes, but I guess it would be one of the most controversial still.

This one will only be cotnroversial for VS Debaters who know of Cates stuff. Pretty sure it's fine otherwise and will be agreeable.

So yeah, I guess Flash VS Sonic is most controversial? I dunno. This season hasn't really had a really badly rated fight IIRC
Especially Venom is publicly known as fearing the sound. Cates and Venom is just like Wu Chen'en and Sun Wukong, but the latter is widely accepted. Anyway, I want to know how they explain this in detail.

Should've been Crona vs Shiro, that's all I'm gonna say about this DB.

Also, I truly hope we get Broly vs Asura this season as I don't want Sindel, Goro, Machamp, Jon and Sabrewolf to be like, the only game characters this season.
I have a feeling Shulk vs Lightning will be the Season 7 finale.
And even then I think Broly vs Asura will definitely happen later next year. Maybe, when another Dragon Ball anime TV / movie gets out.
But where even is the 2020 leak? Like who leaked that?

And anyone still remember Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath?

So spoiler free review of Venom vs Crona:

-Better research for Venom since last time, really good research for Crona. Still barely any math on Venom's stuff, but since they're going more casual now, I should learn to lessen my expectations.

-Sprite work was really good, especially concerning Crona. They even got the moon laughing during the fight (it does that sometimes, don't question it)

-The music blended with the environment and ambience perfectly. While on its own it's not one of my favorite tracks, it's probably one of the best utilized tracks in the series.

-Next fight made me audibly sigh as soon as it was shown. Those involved in my DB Accuracy thread will know why

So spoiler free review of Venom vs Crona:

-Better research for Venom since last time, really good research for Crona. Still barely any math on Venom's stuff, but since they're going more casual now, I should learn to lessen my expectations.

-Sprite work was really good, especially concerning Crona. They even got the moon laughing during the fight (it does that sometimes, don't question it)

-The music blended with the environment and ambience perfectly. While on its own it's not one of my favorite tracks, it's probably one of the best utilized tracks in the series.

-Next fight made me audibly sigh as soon as it was shown. Those involved in my DB Accuracy thread will know why
Do you have a link to the Accuracy Scale in this new forum?

So I’m going to take a guess that Red Team vs Blue Team will be this season’s joke battle then. I’ve noticed that every season has had a joke battle so far ever since Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie (though I could be remembering wrong.)

Okay, since it’s out on YouTube. No more spoilers, yay!

In one of the commentaries they had, Ben said that they considered having Crona fight Carnage instead of Venom. LOL

Wait. I'm confused....I honestly thought that Venom eas going to win thanks to the Cates feats. Why weren't they featured?

Based on the text blurbs, they don't think Venom scales to the likes of Dark Carnage and Grendel. That he had outside help and had temporary boosts from the Legion symbiote absorbing the powers of various heroes like The Thing. Keyword being temporary. The "Asura upgrades trumps Cates upgrades" appears to be more that the hivemind connection Venom is too vague for it to be heralds tier. And what is more consistent is below what is said for Asura to be capable of.

This is what I determined is what they are going for, will have to wait for Q&A to confirm. But I am pretty positive they don't believe in herald tier Venom. Also, I hate that they dissed the Cates run. Mocking the Knull sub-plot and everything.

Based on the text blurbs, they don't think Venom scales to the likes of Dark Carnage and Grendel. That he had outside help and had temporary boosts from the Legion symbiote absorbing the powers of various heroes like The Thing. Keyword being temporary. The "Asura upgrades trumps Cates upgrades" appears to be more that the hivemind connection Venom is too vague for it to be heralds tier. And what is more consistent is below what is said for Asura to be capable of.

This is what I determined is what they are going for, will have to wait for Q&A to confirm. But I am pretty positive they don't believe in herald tier Venom. Also, I hate that they dissed the Cates run. Mocking the Knull sub-plot and everything.

Hmm...that may be true.

They actually dissed the Donnie Cates run? I just thought they were making fun of it for the sake of entertainment.

Should've been Crona vs Shiro, that's all I'm gonna say about this DB.

Also, I truly hope we get Broly vs Asura this season as I don't want Sindel, Goro, Machamp, Jon and Sabrewolf to be like, the only game characters this season.
Agreed you need a match to end this season with a bang especially where you had Beerus vs Galaxia and Flash vs Sonic for the second half

That's ******* stupid.

Man, I hope Caboose doesn’t die.

I’ve already lost Venom, I hope I don’t lose another one of my favourite characters.

Ah shit. Its either Caboose & Tucker, or Sarge to sacrifice.. Yikes.. I can’t wait for half of my favourite characters in RVB to die. :’D

lHIJi17gR9TBdR8DrYfFbThu9Ze2mTjCpHzBxMWQhe_qje6o_W2RZyQA_7lUnXyc_MNVa0Sv33BH_Vi0Xj1QzFA8xGjH_gHkIzPM8Bc6AE9x4iwsav_7saHT6FVdRlgtkxkW369K
For sure this comment didn't age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back