• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think any of them were brought up?
They somehow have Daleks vs R2-D2 and USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Original Series) vs Millennium Falcon as Community Death Battles before.

They are inconsistent in tiering Star Trek. They may consider the strongest Dalek as a "universal" ruler but not very potent and skilled fighter in overall, lest to say extradimensional. But they did agree Millennium Falcon as generally weaker than an Enterprise had the MF not been carrying any Jedi.

Question for you all, which verse in the vs community is underestimated?
I would say Blazblue and DC. I say DC because people still think underestimate how bullshit can it get as I see some people(not here mind you I think), can beat that certain DC character, but they have done some really amazing stuff.

I say Blazblue due to how people underestimate the potency of a characters haxes as it can one shot many characters if they don't have that strong resistance to said hax.

*Pokémon often gets underestimated (there's still plenty of folks that don't buy THAT meteor
being PiS) plus the preconception of pokémon essentially being slightly stronger than IRL animals is still somewhat abundant.

*Final fantasy until recently got heavily downplayed with folks insisting (for years) the supernova in FF VII isn't a "legit" feat not to mention alot of folks aren't aware of the universe level and above feats/scaling in the other games.

*Monster Hunter also suffers from the same preconception of the monsters being slightly stronger than IRL animals plus plenty of folks dismiss the canon lore, guidebooks and interviews as all "fluff" not to mention the head-canon that all spin-off games are "non-canon" is abundant within the MH community.

*Also I feel like the animosity towards both Fairy Tail and SAO kinda blinds folks into admitting they pretty strong verses (just try to make a vid on YT that explains why Kirito would beat Guts in an actual researched match and all hell would break loose).

Betting Sanji wins. Hoping Lee wins.

Aside from that, what do you guys think will be guranteed matchups for next year since the theme of next year is history?
agreed
alright let's see some obvious confirm/likely DB for the anniversary season
Galactus vs Unicron
Cole vs Alex Mercer
Dio vs Alucard
Thor vs Vegeta
Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna
Indeed

also to add
Link vs Cloud 2
Doomguy vs Masterchief 2
Akuma vs Shao Khan
Kratos vs Dante(maybe)

f0b8971a-c866-42de-a227-677599f1aaef

I seen many good match ups so thanks Pit for that. As for why Shalltear is up there:
Two powerful vampires noble vampires that looks down upon many people. This probably a flimsy one as they have crushes/love the main character(Shalltear yes, but probably and probably not for Rachel). Also another thing is that they're opposites when it come to blood as Shalltear accepts her vampiric side as she loves blood while Rachel dislikes her vampiric side as never drinks blood after saving a younger Ragna.

If that doesn't work, then maybe Slayer, Remilla and Valvatorez(thanks Pit for this one) can work.
Overall, what do you think?
As for what Rachel beats, probably all thanks to that going by vsbattle standards, her regen is too high that she can't be killed by strength alone.

Yeah its kinda a strange sensation having too much time on your hands, I thought I could get some work at around Halloween (which kept me busy) but it quickly died down with the 2nd lockdown...

I'm currently doing online lessons (currently brushing up on my history) but geez, it feels like the biggest threat to me is sheer boredom...

Yeah its kinda a strange sensation having too much time on your hands, I thought I could get some work at around Halloween (which kept me busy) but it quickly died down with the 2nd lockdown...

I'm currently doing online lessons (currently brushing up on my history) but geez, it feels like the biggest threat to me is sheer boredom...
I know how that feels. I'm bored

A little late, but I wanna say that if a character you like loses on a web show, I don't think it's something to get upset over. Many of my favorite fictional characters have already lost (Goku lost twice and hasn't got a single W, Hulk lost, Sonic lost twice, Frank lost, etc). I get that it sucks but Death Battle in no way shape or form is even remotely canon, and all I want personally is a good fight. My preferred character winning is a bonus, but if they lose, I want like them any less, as a show about how combatants fair against each other shouldn't impact how I feel. Yeah Lee might lose, but I'd at least hope he gets an episode that many can enjoy.
Making sure that all characters involved are accurately represented is the most important thing to me. Considering Death Battle is for entertainment, beng entertaining is also very imortant, but doing both is ideal and possible.

reposting someone comment
"There's this weird ironic bitterness to the themes of the Sanji-Lee match as well. Rock Lee was supposed to be representation of the idea that inborn talent could be overcome with hard work, and that with sufficient training someone with no talent could overcome a prodigy. Then the Naruto series became all about inborn prodigal talent with Lee just completely falling out of focus and amounting to nothing in the end. Sanji was supposed to have genetic augmentation to become a supersoldier from birth, but was the one reduced to a normal human because of his mother's desire to have a normal kid. In the end, Sanji still becomes the most badass of all his siblings despite being the only one that wasn't a born supersoldier, working his way up to overcome their natural talents with not jusst hard work but a love for life beyond fighting. Lee is going to get killed by a man who succeeded where he failed as a character."

reposting someone comment
"There's this weird ironic bitterness to the themes of the Sanji-Lee match as well. Rock Lee was supposed to be representation of the idea that inborn talent could be overcome with hard work, and that with sufficient training someone with no talent could overcome a prodigy. Then the Naruto series became all about inborn prodigal talent with Lee just completely falling out of focus and amounting to nothing in the end. Sanji was supposed to have genetic augmentation to become a supersoldier from birth, but was the one reduced to a normal human because of his mother's desire to have a normal kid. In the end, Sanji still becomes the most badass of all his siblings despite being the only one that wasn't a born supersoldier, working his way up to overcome their natural talents with not jusst hard work but a love for life beyond fighting. Lee is going to get killed by a man who succeeded where he failed as a character."
Mother-
b787ef11-d191-4d37-8cbe-9beb3d91cbff

Now I'm sad because Lee got left behind in the series. Maybe that's why I stopped watching Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back