• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R8 this Season’s roster. I’d give it a 6.5/10
image0.jpg
7.5/10 due to childhood favorites on here such as Archie Sonic, Static, Lee, Leo and Danny. I realized most of the characters has to do with childhood.

R8 this Season’s roster. I’d give it a 6.5/10
image0.jpg

For me, the top 5 Cream of the Crop for character picks are:

* Archie Sonic (The guy is my defacto hero, and best characterization of Sonic the Hedgehog's character, next to Sonic and the Black Knight's showing of Game Sonic)

* Wally West (Really respect him. Barry and Wally pioneer speedsters and Wally greatly fit the role as successor. The tragedy of what happen to him rivals close to Archie Sonic's SGW event for me)

* Static Shock (Hell yeah! Put some respect on the home boy! Created his own lore by himself without going the legacy route)

* Sanji (The Perverted Gentleman done right)

* Kakashi (What is under the mask? Is it sealing your omnipresence from the reader? Thanks for being the calming waters of Naruto)

Wonder Woman's rematch felt unnecessary, yeah, but Leo vs Jason was a way better match than his fight with Zitz. Venom being reintroduced is what got me into Soul Eater, so it's hard to be mad with that match. Hulk does have way better opponents than Broly, as well, espesially since Super Broly's rage takes a backseat to him being an actual character.

Wonder Woman's rematch felt unnecessary, yeah, but Leo vs Jason was a way better match than his fight with Zitz. Venom being reintroduced is what got me into Soul Eater, so it's hard to be mad with that match. Hulk does have way better opponents than Broly, as well, espesially since Super Broly's rage takes a backseat to him being an actual character.
tell me about shit was short as **** might as well been filler

Let's hope they actually take fans consideration for next seasons DB seriously and keep the capeshit down to a ******* minimum
too bad Asura won't be in next season

It's kind of annoying that Marvel/DC vs Anime is considered something akin to Mario vs Sonic fights. Like, two (albeit massive) comicbook series vs an entire category of fiction.

My least favorite match of the season is probably Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen. It's literally Batman vs Spider-Man again, except one can be crippled by electric shocks (I mean, more so than most people) and the other has a weaker version of a Symbiote. Honestly, I'm fine with more Marvel vs DC matchups, but don't just use very slightly different versions of heroes you've already had fight each other. Animation isn't much to write home about, either.

It's kind of annoying that Marvel/DC vs Anime is considered something akin to Mario vs Sonic fights. Like, two (albeit massive) comicbook series vs an entire category of fiction.
Because they're seem the most powerful so of course it was bound to happen, plus didn't Goku vs Superman started the flame?

I've heard some people were disappointed with Aquaman vs Namor happening right after Darkseid vs Thanos, hoping the latter would spell a break from Marvel vs DC matchups.

Goku vs Superman is only a debate nowadays because some DC fans don't understand just how inconsistent comicbooks are and how many more things need to be considered outliers compared to a story written by just one person. Without 11th hour power boosts, Post-Crisis/Flashpoint Supes is considerably below DBS Goku, or debatably even Toei Goku (Which was used in GvS1)

My favorite match of the year is hard to say.

Goro vs Machamp, while obvious as hell, was a really well written and choreographed episode.

Cable vs Booster Gold was great for Booster's performance in the animation alone

Beerus vs Galaxia had a wonderful animation and it's track was god-tier (Pun not intended)

Wally vs Archie Sonic officially opens the door for so many possible matches (Still hoping for Novel Kars vs Medaka or Ajimu) and is a great enough episode on it's own

Sabrewulf vs Jon Talbain, despite all odds being two characters I don't care about from two series I don't care about, was amazing.

And Red vs Blue was just plain fun, even for someone like me who hasn't seen the actual series

if they hadn't ****** up the rematch than maybe but there not touching that hornets nest again let it die already
besides others want new shit give em new shit
They didn't just **** up, they deliberately showed scans out of context and literally faked feats for Superman, probably the worst sin a Versus Debater can do.

Goro vs Machamp or Kakashi vs Obi are the best so far to me.

Best Sprite fight was Beerus vs Galaxia but Booster was quite entertaining.
Also why were there two fights with a comedic/charismatic character that dabs killing a more serious character and posing?

Novel Kars vs Medaka or Ajimu)
don't count on it
Goro vs Machamp, while obvious as hell, was a really well written and choreographed episode.

Cable vs Booster Gold was great for Booster's performance in the animation alone

Beerus vs Galaxia had a wonderful animation and it's track was god-tier (Pun not intended)

Wally vs Archie Sonic officially opens the door for so many possible matches and is a great enough episode on it's own

Sabrewulf vs Jon Talbain, despite all odds being two characters I don't care about from two series I don't care about, was amazing.
pretty much my favorite fights of this seasons along with Obi-Wan vs Kakashi and Danny vs Jake

DIO vs Alucard is a great match, but is also going to end in such a terribly since literally the only way either one wins is Alucard waiting for The Sun to kill DIO. Unless you'd argue that ingesting Alucard's blood would give DIO his vampire powers, though that sort of thing is really only shown in JORGE JOESTAR. In that case the battle goes on forever because neither one can get past the other's regen.

Edit: Yes Alucard's bullets ignore regen, but The World blocks them by existing and DIO would probably only let himself get hit by one out of arrogance, if any. DIO is actually a very cautious fighter if his opponent can actually match him.

DIO vs Alucard is a great match, but is also going to end in such a terribly since literally the only way either one wins is Alucard waiting for The Sun to kill DIO. Unless you'd argue that ingesting Alucard's blood would give DIO his vampire powers, though that sort of thing is really only shown in JORGE JOESTAR. In that case the battle goes on forever because neither one can get past the other's regen.
swann did went over this albeit 4 years ago when he wasn't on the team and different info
I hope we get one of the matches Brandon was commissioned too. I think that counts as history in a way, and he sure got some good-ass matches.
i mean the obvious ones i can see are freeza vs megatron and mikasa vs blake
Swan's DB Predictions/Analyses: DEATH PREDICTION: Alucard vs Dio Brando (lswan62.blogspot.com)

I hope we get one of the matches Brandon was commissioned too. I think that counts as history in a way, and he sure got some good-ass matches.
Will that encourage "buy to make show"?
Also Brandon Yates is technically a subcontractor in this regard so this may tweak the originally contracted show.

Hulk's best bet for wank comes from Dark Dimension stuff. He destroyed a pocket universe created by one of the many sub-Dormammu despots that populate it Umar also told him and Red She-Hulk to stop wrecking her realm when they fought, and you know they're going to milk that for all its worth.

I don't think it's going to equal Broly's hen all is said and done though. They have SsjG Goku at 9x universal level...and Broly beat up a Goku that had transformation multipliers stacked on that. The number of universes they rate Broly at is probably going to be something stupid and large.

In GR vs Lobo, they treated Mephisto's realm as equal to the observable universe and the Dark Dimension is one of Marvel's many Hell universes like Mephisto's realm, so maybe, maybe if someone sent them that Cavevengers scan where it mentions a trillion light years and they apply that to the Dark Dimension they'll rank Hulk as being on par with Ssjg Goku...but Ssjg Goku is below Broly.

I think they are going to say Broly is stronger than Devil Hulk.

Unless they go with TOBA wank I’m pretty sure the Hulk’s only saving grace is his Immortality. Otherwise Broly statstomps.

Also, the option of Broly throwing Hulk in another dimension probably isn’t a win condition, considering Hulk probably has “can punch through dimensional barriers” BS to counter that.

Last edited:

Edit: Yes Alucard's bullets ignore regen, but The World blocks them by existing and DIO would probably only let himself get hit by one out of arrogance, if any. DIO is actually a very cautious fighter if his opponent can actually match him.
Fairly certain it ends with Alucard releasing Restraint Level 0, and then with DIO just murdering him. Or DIO beats Alucard up for a year or 20, until Alucard can't regenerate.

Unless it's Schrodinger Alucard, then I don't know what happens.

Unless they go with TOBA wank I’m pretty sure the Hulk’s only saving grace is his Immortality. Otherwise it’s a statstomp.
Indeed
agreed
alright let's see some obvious confirm/likely DB for the anniversary season
Galactus vs Unicron
Cole vs Alex Mercer
Dio vs Alucard
Thor vs Vegeta
Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna
also to add
Link vs Cloud 2
Doomguy vs Masterchief 2
Akuma vs Shao Khan