• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

A meme just found. Good morning.

2a88fba6cac5bb295702b415f019fddf.jpg

DBC

Miles vs Static written by ultraguy

RTX 2020 ad

Starting now, Death Battle Cast the weekly podcast will go live on Wednesdays at 12PM CST. (Then a few days later on Youtube)

... wtf is the next Community Death Battle? verdict by Christina Parrish vs verdict by Sam Mitchell on wtf is on Frasier vs The Office?

Jasonsith said:
DBC

RTX 2020 ad

Starting now, Death Battle Cast the weekly podcast will go live on Wednesdays at 12PM CST. (Then a few days later on Youtube)

... wtf is the next Community Death Battle? verdict by Christina Parrish vs verdict by Sam Mitchell on wtf is on Frasier vs The Office?
Yeah, I think that it's dumb...

Jasonsith said:
DBC

RTX 2020 ad

Because its funny?

Phantom Falco
It may be to them, but it's getting old. This is the 3rd joke Death Battle cast battle in a row. Normally when you find something funny and it repeats itself over and over again, you start to not find it funny any more and it gets annoying.

Madotsuki24 said:
Yeah they are more like making Death Battle Cast their own playground. Hope they only do so for a short time since they should be busy doing Q&A and sneak peeks for the 20-episode Death Battle Season 7.

S7:E1 - Spider-Man is Miles ahead of DEATH BATTLE!
DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews
MONDAY 2020/1/20 2:00 AM SGT

Miles Morales webs up the competition and his sweet kicks for the Death Battle season premiere!

Finally we have the first preview of Spider-Man (Miles Morales). Neat.

Wait, where do they have the preview for Miles Morales?

At their own site (and a few days later on YouTube)

And they will not release their exact link until the show is out.

The Flash (Barry Allen) vs Archie Sonic has basically been confirmed to happen, since Death Battle said that there was a 70% chance that they will do it this season and they said that a loser from season 5 will return in season 7 and Sonic is one of them!!!! >¤ë< What do you think? >:3

Madotsuki24 said:
The Flash (Barry Allen) vs Archie Sonic has basically been confirmed to happen, since Death Battle said that there was a 70% chance that they will do it this season and they said that a loser from season 5 will return in season 7 and Sonic is one of them!!!! >¤ë< What do you think? >:3
Not really and I'm gonna need a link to this fight being confirmed whatsoever of happening.

I said basically been confirmed, as having high hopes as it being most likely to happen, due to all of it. It's not a 100% chance of happening, it's just very high.

Death Battle Cast spoilers
We do not call "basically been confirmed" when it is not very strongly hinted. (Like when Alex Mercer was spared from being killed by Carnage (Marvel Comics) because he needs to be executed by "a more popular character of choice" in the paid commentary version of Carnage VS Lucy.)
Miles Morales vs Static would be out for RT First Members on 26/1/2020 CST and Youtube audience on 27/1/2020 CST.
Rumors have it: there's apparently an episode coming up where the characters time travel to the future and see a t-rex(?) - a time traveller Death Battle which could be Flash vs Archie Sonic or Silver vs Trunks or any time traveler Death Battle.
And we may have another live action Death Battle.
Korra vs Rey is the next Community Death Battle. As Byleth would be spared for some time later like when he/she would actually be in SSBU.
AND Rey hax stomps and blitzes while Korra AP stomps iirc.

I wouldn't go that far either. I don't think they'll downplay Archie Sonic in terms of AP. I think base Sonic definitely won't be universal and will probably be weaker than Wally, but Super Sonic will at the very least be 2-C, most likely be put at 2-A.

Also let's remember that we're not always right and a good portion of matches are subjective. We take up the mindset that we're always right and our ratings are the absolute truth, we're basically any theorist's fanbase, but even worse because we're stroking our own ego.

Super Sonic will only be universal, because of the Zone feat, at best knowing them

Not really acting if we are right, I act the sane way if I disagree with something here as well as Death Battle, I can still mock or critize they if I think it's wrong, subject oppinions can still be backed with objective facts and be more correct than others, just "my oppinion" doesn't make it criticism free

Nonethless they are going to make Sonic lose

I'd give them a little more credit than that. They no longer only give characters their own feats and have started to scale. Because 2-A is so blatant, I highly doubt they'd not give him 2-A. You personally know how I feel about Archie, and I 100% accept 2-A with no qualms whatsoever.

Btw, that wasn't necessarily addressed to you specifically, but to everyone. But not everything can be super backed up with objectivity. An objective fact is that Frieza would beat Daredevil, because no matter what, there's no other interpretation of Frieza being anything less than planetary. There are plenty of things in Wally vs Archie that can be subjective, for both sides at that. And it's not their only match. Ben 10 vs Green Lantern has some subjective things, which is why I don't criticize them for it, despite me hating it.

I seen people downplay Archie way below 2-A, even Death Battle rechearchers, so I can very well suspect it, if Ultraguy hadn't made that blog them maybe I could believe this

I mean sure, but subjective things can be backed by objective, being a "oppinion" doesn't mean you can't critize it, understand maybe

Dunno, in a podcast they did openly admit how insanely powerful Archie Sonic could be just from a couple of feats, including a Zone destruction, just to explain why Archie Sonic wasn't considered for the Mario match and how he would have easily won.

If Archie Sonic has mentions of affecting infinite universes and such then I don't think they would just ignore it, given nowadays they seem to have dropped the mindset of early seasons of "noooooo that's too strong". Especially if he has fought other multiverse threats who could have feats of their own.

TartaChocholate said:
Dunno, in a podcast they did openly admit how insanely powerful Archie Sonic could be just from a couple of feats, including a Zone destruction, just to explain why Archie Sonic wasn't considered for the Mario match and how he would have easily won.
If Archie Sonic has mentions of affecting infinite universes and such then I don't think they would just ignore it, given nowadays they seem to have dropped the mindset of early seasons of "noooooo that's too strong". Especially if he has fought other multiverse threats who could have feats of their own.
They now do the characters at their full potential, so hopefully they do...

also, im going for static on this

he has a small town level feat without being amped, which was throwing lockers into orbit in less than a second, which is equal to miles, and he's most certainly higher since he fought permafrost, who gathered clouds literally Miles (ha) long, he's faster than Miles (Tho Miles can somewhat keep up thanks to le spooder sense), and has counters to nearly all of miles' abilities

I wouldn't call it a stomp, but it's fairly clear cut

Okay, is it just me, or does this thread keep switching between being in the VS section and the General discussion?

Also, animation preview is out for First members.

Spoiler
Miles is winning throughout basically the entirety of it, and the preview ends right as Static begins to take the advantage by the look of it and the music. Miles also already used the shoulder touch while Static hasn't used anything beyond flying and shooting electricity.

For what it's worth, I've spoken to a different researcher and he fully believes in Archie Sonic being the stronk, so it remains to be seen.

animation is real good, super smooth. The music will probably be a huge spoiler for the winner if it gets released early though considering it's a straight up rap battle.

Back