• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Punchy guy vs psychic would be weird.

What are DBs with most clashing fighting styles?
Crona Vs Venom, Crona literally mains Venom's weakness.
Also I think Saitama facing a character with a ton of abilities fitting, one of his main "jokes" is that he has no special movies aside from punches or kicks, him fighting someone with a billion powers seems fitting.

Lucy vs Carnage is the standout for me, not counting season 1 MUs
And while I personally believe it was really good, I know some people didn't, though that may have been because the punchy boy has an inherit disadvantage and is also usually the one who loses.

I'm still standing by how Carnage's sheer confidence throughout the fight made it feel like it wasn't a stomp, espesially since Carnage technically landed more hits that mattered.

Sure, Carnage's papercuts on Lucy didn't visually do a lot of damage, but they clearly hurt a lot more than literally any attacks Lucy landed on Carnage, killing blow included (Sound design helps with that). And the killing blow Lucy landed on Carnage was the only one that actually did anything to him, she technically did zero damage up to that point thanks to Carnage's healing factor.

If Lucy was fighting someone who actually gave a shit about the damage they were taking it would seem more like a stomp, but the attacks Lucy landed on Carnage did about as much long-term damage as the attacks that Carnage used that Lucy blocked.

And I understand them not including melting Lucy, since that would either require a new spriteset they didn't have or for melting Lucy to be totally hand-drawn, which they probably had nowhere near the budget for.

pddQl26.gif

Following this up.

The only one MU worth mentioning for Blackjack the Whorse imo.

Whorse-Vs-Raiden.png

1. Both are cyborgs.
  2. Both had cyborg enhancements that were forced upon them.
  3. Both had an AI ruin their life. (Patriots for Raiden, Cognitum for Blackjack)
  4. Both have had their family held hostage by an AI (Patriots kidnapped Rose from Raiden, and Cognitum stole Blackjack's pregnant body and trapped Blackjack in a computer.)
  5. Both have Multiple Selves that torture them in some way (Jack the Ripper makes Raiden go insane, and Princess Luna is constantly, unwittingly, eating away at Blackjack's soul even without manifesting.)
  6. Both had an AI mold them into their own machinations. (Patriots wanted the best Super Soldier, Cognitum wanted to mold a hero personality from someone who can bypass pre war genetic locks.)
  7. Both have Robot assistants that debate their own free will once being swayed to their side. (Blade Wolf, and Sweetie Bot.)
  8. Both fight against Cyborg Manufacturers that use extremely young templates so that no one else experiences what they have. (Desperado for Raiden, Immortal Legion for Blackjack.)
  9. Both save children over the course of their stories that become sort of a humanity check for them. (George/Sunny for Raiden, Boo/Scotch Tape for Blackjack.)
  10. Both fight against people who are hamstrung by said Militias (Sam and Blade Wolf for Raiden, Rampage for Blackjack.)
  11. PTSD
  12. Both are friends with child geniuses that they saved, who are good when it comes to rocketry. (Sunny for Raiden, Scotch Tape for Blackjack.)
  13. Both have super badass durability negating swords that work very similarly. (HF Blade for Raiden, and Star Metal Sword for Blackjack.)
  14. Zandatsu=SATS.
  15. The respective stories that they star in ramp up the insanity of what came before them ten thousand fold.

What that be
stolen Reddit comment:
Connections:

• ⁠Both are initially benevolent beings who helped the universe with their special powers (Shenron is a wish-granting dragon who helps the heroes of DB by restoring damage and reviving people, while Necrozma used to bring light to Ultra Necropolis)
• ⁠Both eventually became evil due to selfish actions and corruption (The Dragon Balls became corrupted by abuse, while Necrozma grew mad and began to absorb all light for itself)
• ⁠Both have first forms (Syn Shenron and Base Necrozma) and can absorb the power of others to grow to more powerful states (Syn absorbing the other Shadow Dragons to become Omega Shenron, and Necrozma absorbing either Lunala or Solgaleo to become either Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane- and then can further evolve into Ultra Necrozma)
• ⁠Their final forms are white and both are dragons with unbelievable power
• ⁠They have ultimate attacks that are essentially giant energy balls of destruction (Negative Karma Ball for Omega and The Light that Burns the Sky for Ultra)
• ⁠Plans to absorb a specific element they have harnessed and seeks to fill the universe with that element (Negative Energy for Omega and Light for Ultra)
• ⁠Are defeated by... children. (GT Goku's body is a kid and the Alola protagonist is 11)

I can see where they come from. It's kinda hard to argue Popeye should scale to star level when the sun dosn't act like the sun in many of those instances. In a lot of them the sun is just treated as just a ball in the sky instead of an actual star.

I do think blowing out the sun is a proper Star level feat, but it's also a toon force feat that's hard to argue scales to his physicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back