• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even then it can be argued that a Star level feat compared to Popeye's other feats is the O Word.
Which would be terrible logic because Popeye always effortlessly resolves his problem after eating spinach, never struggling with anything. It’s like arguing 5-B Saitama is an outlier because Boros is the only 5-B opponent he’s ever fought.

“The sun Popeye damaged/cracked is smol”

Happening here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/popeye-feats.128682/page-2

I’m watching Popeye’s cartoons nonstop so I’ll probably stumble upon a feat this site will accept sooner or later.
I'm waiting to see what the research team gets out of their Popeye research. If it isn't groundbreaking or thorough, planning on buying some early Popeye comics myself to see what I can find.

that happened long after death battle tho
There's no way in hell the standards of the website would be changed to nerf Alien X to 3-A if it wasn't for the perception of Ben 10 fans after Ben vs Hal.

Honest to god, DC fans can be genuine pieces of shit in versus sometimes. Such as the ones who feel like they're entitled for DC to literally never lose to anything but Marvel on Death Battle just because some people wanted DC to lose and suggested some already known matchups to cause this.

3-A Alien X had to be funniest Death Battle-motivated revision
Tbh seeing AX not being fully 4D here is kinda an oof...
Marvel being island level will never not be funny.
Ok yeah nevermind. Island level Thor is definitely funnier than 3-A Alien X
Agreed good thing everyone and their grandma in Vs community doesn't treat the ratings seriously lol! It's still pretty hilarious seeing MCU/Marvel cartoon characters surpass their comic book counterparts here.

Agreed good thing everyone and their grandma in Vs community doesn't treat the ratings seriously lol! It's still pretty hilarious seeing MCU/Marvel cartoon characters surpass their comic book counterparts here.
For the millionth time, it's only there for scaling purposes and Island level Thor is match banned.

Seriously, they need to note that on the profile.

You can repeat the sentiment an infinite amount of times folks from all over will (Rightfully) continually to mock and laugh at our Island level heralds. There's nothing you can do about it my dude just let it go.
WE DON'T HAVE ISLAND LEVEL HERALDS. WE HAVE HERALDS THAT ARE ISLAND LEVEL WHEN HEAVILY HOLDING BACK. ISLAND LEVEL IS NOT AN ACTUAL END. ISLAND LEVEL IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE IN THE EVENT SOLAR SYSTEM LEVEL IS INVALID. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN EXPLAINING TO YOU.

Chill out Smashor 🗿
For the millionth time, it's only there for scaling purposes and Island level Thor is match banned.

Seriously, they need to note that on the profile.
However, this is extremely stupid. Why have a key only to match ban it? Otherwise it’s completely pointless to be there in the first place. Just add notes to the profile. To put this into perspective, it’s like giving Goku 9-C, 3-A at peak because he holds back a lot. It’s just silly if you ask me.

WE DON'T HAVE ISLAND LEVEL HERALDS. WE HAVE HERALDS THAT ARE ISLAND LEVEL WHEN HEAVILY HOLDING BACK. ISLAND LEVEL IS NOT AN ACTUAL END. ISLAND LEVEL IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE IN THE EVENT SOLAR SYSTEM LEVEL IS INVALID. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN EXPLAINING TO YOU.
I AM MAD. YOU TRY EXPLAINING THE SAME THING TO THE SAME PERSON DOZENS OF TIMES, ONLY FOR THEM TO NEVER LISTEN!
Why are you getting mad? It's literally a joke about the dubious ratings of fictional characters plus everything you mentioned I already knew (If it wasn't clear already when I said "Everyone" or "Folks" in my previous replies I was speaking in general).

Virtually yelling at me accomplices nothing since it won't stop people from all over the Vs community from continually criticising and laughing at our Herald ratings (Or just our ratings for popular verses in general) that's just how it is. Chill!

However, this is extremely stupid. Why have a key only to match ban it? Otherwise it’s completely pointless to be there in the first place. Just add notes to the profile. To put this into perspective, it’s like giving Goku 9-C, 3-A at peak because he holds back a lot. It’s just silly if you ask me.
Here's the thing, Goku pretty much never fights people at a 9-C level. He mostly fights them at a 3-A level.

Marvel Heralds, despite being 4-B, mostly fight people at a High 6-C level because everyone and their mother is stated to constantly hold back or have a varying level of power. The admins were sick and tired of people making CRTs making everyone 4-B for tickling Thor.

Guys Sentry was holding back here
WCBxSVU.png

I can see where they come from. It's kinda hard to argue Popeye should scale to star level when the sun dosn't act like the sun in many of those instances. In a lot of them the sun is just treated as just a ball in the sky instead of an actual star.

I do think blowing out the sun is a proper Star level feat, but it's also a toon force feat that's hard to argue scales to his physicals.
This also.

Like, I kind of accept the feats because they're toonforce, but this site also has different standards for scaling. I'm sure Death Battle will accept the feat as a legitimate 4-C feat.

Time to give my late, precious and unrequested opinion on the previous and next episode.

I know jackshit about Naruto and Bleach, but afaik this match up has been requested since a long time, and both characters seem to be fascinating.

I can't judge how good or bad the ratings and the result are, although feats and reasons seem to make sense at a first glance, at least.
The bigger complain I've seen is that Aizen is apparently already resistant to attacks that destroy the soul, and this wasn't addressed in the episode.

Still, the fight was pretty good imho.
Both seem to be those kind of characters who can do a hell lot of things, and it was interesting to see all their exotic attacks and powers interact, like the Susanoo and clones clashing with the dragons, or that spirit thing protecting Madara from Aizen's black box.
I also found the drawing of white Madara (the shot you see when he emerges from the dust) really good.
Another peak sceen was them laughing maniacally at each other, fun and fitting, if that's in-character for them.
Lastly, even their illusion exchanges was interesting, they actually had me at first, when they showed Madara being vaporized.

About Saitama vs Popeye, it's a big let down for me.
I appreciate using a niche character as Popeye for the end of the season, and It's also the chance to learn something about a classic character.
On the other hand, using Saitama is just a big mistake.
Simply put, we don't know Saitama's limits nor the full extent of his capabilities, thus using him leaves too much room for speculation and arbitrary distinctions.
Iirc they also said the same thing in a past DB cast, but apparently they have changed their mind.

If they're going to take Popeye's sun feat as legit, I guess they're also going to use the OPM infobook which states that Boros' cannon can annihilate stars.

Yeah, every other translation says planet, that one used star by accident, comparing a mistranslation to a feat is dumb even by DB standards, especially with how infamous that guidebook is

As retarded as this matchup is... it reminds people Kirito (Post-Aincrad) has Neo (The Matrix), Shiroe and Maple (BOFURI) as Death Battle requests for a reason.

Saitama eats Popeye's spinach as revenge for making him miss his sale and gains all his powers + the AP boost.
Noticed that: anyone gets Spinach Popeye powers by eating spinach - even a mouse. Demonstrated in Shuteye Popeye (1952)
“The sun Popeye damaged/cracked is smol”

Happening here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/popeye-feats.128682/page-2

I’m watching Popeye’s cartoons nonstop so I’ll probably stumble upon a feat this site will accept sooner or later.
This also.

Like, I kind of accept the feats because they're toonforce, but this site also has different standards for scaling. I'm sure Death Battle will accept the feat as a legitimate 4-C feat.
“Despite how absurd Popeye is, his most impressive feats rely on his spinach, and Saitama’s greater speed would assure he’d never get the chance to eat it. Even if he did, Saitama could easily avoid him until the effect wears off.”
This is the cursed ending
Can do. Except... I watched I Yam What I Yam and find out Popeye 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kWIYfMeuZM']does not need a can of spinach to do transmutation hax.
Funny thing is that Popeye would still beat Saitama even if he were downgraded to Wall level
Yes. Also Popeye's transmutation hax works by a punch or an atemi-uchi pose, meaning Saitama has a 50% chance of instantly dying every time he tries to attack Popeye with a punch.

Last edited:
Oh shit, so saitama does actually have a wincon if base popeye is slower, but only if he has intel i think or feels like being a asshole and eat his launch.

If he likes spinach that is
Though the wincon is very iffy. Like, he must know Spinach buffs Popeye before he uses it and one of the rules simply doesn't allows to person to not start at best. Or else Steven will probably beat Star for instance.

Though the wincon is very iffy. Like, he must know Spinach buffs Popeye before he uses it and one of the rules simply doesn't allows to person to not start at best. Or else Steven will probably beat Star for instance.
Imagine there's a sale going on in the supermarket on spinach. I'm going to assume this is how the fight starts and why Saitama would try to eat the spinach before Popeye does.
Also, Saitama eating spinach would enable him to do the things his fans assume he can do.

Imagine there's a sale going on in the supermarket on spinach. I'm going to assume this is how the fight starts and why Saitama would try to eat the spinach before Popeye does.
Well Death Battle tries to be as environmentally neutral as they deem fit. So likely Popeye eats the spinach and leave nothing for Saitama.

Also the crew may even buy MFTL Popeye so Saitama may lose his speed advantage altogether.

... Oh all these mean Saitama will be given a very very disrespectful death - super humiliating one.

Enough speculation as a few hours later some preview will let us know how crazy Popeye would be i the crew's eyes. Thanks for your hard work to peep in anything in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back