• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are being a bit too cruel with Akuma vs Shao Kahn. I keep re-watching and it's growing on me. I still think it's on the bottom tier of the season, but it does have some value.
All they had to do for me personally to like the episode more is the wierd headcanon in the fight itself.
Shao khan using soul steal mid fight hes not done this to anybody he is fighting once like come on
Shao being comparable to eldar gods in durability he's been btfo by the gods multiple times
akuma's thousand years of death being interrupted
not much environmental destruction between two planet levels
the environment itself was boring
Khan could still win but the animation drags it down. I would've had oni finish the thousand years of Death only for khan to no sell it and as he's doing the iconic pose. Boom. Khan backstabs him.
It's an OK episode.

can't say i agree with can't see anything about that's worse than any other crappier sprite fights even at its worse it just average

solid lists

Outside one OOC line i don't see how she treated him like shit but I agree the reasoning was stupid and could've been better
It ain't perfect but I really don't see it being enough to say damn it's among the worst of the season just at best not ur type of thing/just no intrest in it
But anyways heres mine
my-image.png
Steven vs Star was one of my favourites, so was Lex Luthor vs Doctor Doom.

Its awkward how to rank episode analysis sometimes. If max wank Akuma still cant beat lowballed lore Kahn, it sounds fair enough. However, it still means they wanked Akuma with bad feats.

Kinda feeling same with Yoda vs KM. That moving stars feat seems kinda bad, and they could have empathized KM's hax better.

speaking of which given MHA it 1-1 as of now
Gon vs Deku-MHA W
Bakugou vs Yang-MHA W
Endeavor vs Ozai-MHA W
AFO vs Tochiro-MHA W
nothing but W's
Just asking: Are you counting Tsuyu Asui (Froppy) vs Kermit the Frog too?

The tweet is not available as Brandon Yates stops the poll early. So someone needs to wait for the next time
Like he needs to pay for the bills but he needs more time to do the job and he needs to prioritise. Understandable.

And the price tags of the music (as some know already) has been raised to US$240 for standard length instrumental track (3:00-3:59 duration), +US$50 for one minute longer (making a total of 4:00-4:59 duration), far higher with custom vocalist(s) and instrumentalist(s). Custom Track Art included.
Anyone fills the form and has got feedback?

Last edited:
Connections may i ask?
Basically "member of servant race who become heroes".

More detailed: "They're part of the common enemy/mob that is known for populating where they originate from. However, these two are special in the fact they wear pieces of clothing to separate themselves from the crowd and try to be a hero."

If not Prinny then Bowser Jr.

Gon vs deku is cursed af.
You can't make a matchup where two people who are so different in nearly every way.
True. Gon is self-serving, Deku is altruistic. Gon adventures, Deku goes on school field trips.
Though, frankly, I'm not sure what other dissimilarities they have.
I guess their commonalities is they're green, adolescent, mostly melee fighters who are somewhat studious, & from shonen.

True. Gon is self-serving, Deku is altruistic. Gon adventures, Deku goes on school field trips.
I guess their commonalities is they're green, adolescent, mostly melee fighters who are somewhat studious, & from shonen.
The amount of despair and suffering Gon goes through. Deku has a relatively easy life in comparison.

Connections: They are both young and up and coming Shonen Jump protagonists with green outfits and hair who sport innocent yet kind at heart personas and are willing to fight anyone in order to to protect those they care for while also doing so to get stronger and even went through tournament arcs and training to become what is the most respected title in their worlds (Hero and Hunter). They both have almost one to one fighting styles with close quarters combat being their bread and butter. Their most powerful attack consists of a super charged punch (Delaware Detroit Smash and Jajanken Rock) They sport weaker yet still effective projectiles (Delaware Smash and Jajanken Paper) and also have effective piercing weapons (Black Wipes and Jajanken Scissors). Both their motivations in their stories revolve around an important person they look up to and is considered one of if not the most powerful in their worlds (All Might and Ging Freecss) Both have been shown to willingly destroy their bodies/injure their limbs and still continue to fight(Deku destroying his body and limbs many times he uses One For All and Gon having his arm severed off in order to concretely defeat Genthru) They are both so determined to defeat one enemy to reach their goals that they willing to sacrifice everything that makes them who they are just to accomplish it.( Deku sacrificing one for all in order to save an island of children and defeat Nine and Gon sacrifices his Nen reserve and possibly his life to defeat Pitou in revenge for killing Kite) While Deku did it for selflessness Gon did it out of Selfishness however they were both saved by plot device. Both are also able to access “super forms” that drastically increases their stats way above that of their base forms so much so that the first enemy they went all out on with their new forms they annihilated them in a one sided fight. Both also went through events that changed their views and personality drastically now being less happy and hopeful and more cold and expressionless after seeing their friends either die or almost die by their enemies and even separating from their friends and leaving them now in their own.

Connections: They are both young and up and coming Shonen Jump protagonists with green outfits and hair who sport innocent yet kind at heart personas and are willing to fight anyone in order to to protect those they care for while also doing so to get stronger and even went through tournament arcs and training to become what is the most respected title in their worlds (Hero and Hunter). They both have almost one to one fighting styles with close quarters combat being their bread and butter. Their most powerful attack consists of a super charged punch (Delaware Detroit Smash and Jajanken Rock) They sport weaker yet still effective projectiles (Delaware Smash and Jajanken Paper) and also have effective piercing weapons (Black Wipes and Jajanken Scissors). Both their motivations in their stories revolve around an important person they look up to and is considered one of if not the most powerful in their worlds (All Might and Ging Freecss) Both have been shown to willingly destroy their bodies/injure their limbs and still continue to fight(Deku destroying his body and limbs many times he uses One For All and Gon having his arm severed off in order to concretely defeat Genthru) They are both so determined to defeat one enemy to reach their goals that they willing to sacrifice everything that makes them who they are just to accomplish it.( Deku sacrificing one for all in order to save an island of children and defeat Nine and Gon sacrifices his Nen reserve and possibly his life to defeat Pitou in revenge for killing Kite) While Deku did it for selflessness Gon did it out of Selfishness however they were both saved by plot device. Both are also able to access “super forms” that drastically increases their stats way above that of their base forms so much so that the first enemy they went all out on with their new forms they annihilated them in a one sided fight. Both also went through events that changed their views and personality drastically now being less happy and hopeful and more cold and expressionless after seeing their friends either die or almost die by their enemies and even separating from their friends and leaving them now in their own.
well there ya go

I know gon and deku have similar traits.
But come on gon as a character Gon has developed so much more reasonably than deku. I would just like hisoka more than gon (personal favorite hxh character) meruem, illumi, or chrollo.
deku has way way way more showings in fights comparatively speaking. Gon has only been able to go all out just the one time against Pitou. I'd just hate to send gon out to his death against an up and comer like deku at the end of the day.

Utterly random thought, but is Gon vs Alex Kidd any good as a matchup?
1. Alex Kidd is a name of a video game back to late 1986.
2. Alex Kidd is likely more obscure than BNHA in general nowadays
3. It makes Gon vs Deku fair as if Gon vs Deku is not fairer than Gon vs Kid Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back