• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its really unexpected, maybe it is Frieza vs Megatron for some reason.

Black vs RF was relatively late addition, so I do wonder would they have done legacy season without DBZ. And Frieza is absolutely big. And it being Transformers fight would fit "half of what to expect".

Who, no, already been on, and what?

Aight, let's take the gloves off:

Cons @ all Shulk MUs:

• How on Bionis do we keep him in character? We made this mistake with Ang (supposedly).
  • How do we make Visions not circumstantial?
  • What contacts do RT have with British VAs?

Shulk_vs_Zael.png

Vs Zael (The Last Story)

Pros:

• Operation Rainfall Legacy MU
  • Has plenty of animation potential vs Outsider Gravity hax and Monado arts in general
  • Both series OST has orchestrals in batches.
  • Models shouldn't be hard to come by.

Cons:

• Not exactly the strongest relations, admittedly.
  • Bit of a statstomp when considering what Monado III is (exclusions knowing what they did with the Final Batsuit, I'd be in two minds on).
  • Both being brits is good, but making the most of that takes them both out of character (not that doing that with Shulk isn't hard enough as is).

Shulk_vs_Kirito.png

Vs Kirito (SAO) (Previous reasons found here):

Pros:

• How many times have I bought out Yuki Kajiura x Xeno?
  • Relations are abstract, but otherwise solid (that abstraction being the best thing for Shulk's MUs IMO).
  • Monado arts and System Call Elements / Release Collection vs Buster means you have some of the best animation potential and trading of abilities.
  • The banter honestly writes itself. As said before, TELL ME that Kirito would not mistake Shulk for Eugeo (hopefully they won't make it cringe). They've even gotten Bryce Papenbrook back on as Sora (see below), so getting him back as Kirito isn't hard.

Cons:

• Yes, yes, 'muh statstomp'. I, too, saw the pearly gates.
  • Sods law, people will bring up Kirito having other MUs. Neo I've warmed to a bit, but the 'other MMORPG players' is way too unga bunga for my liking (at this point, it's missing the point of SAO).

Shulk_vs_Sora.png

Vs Sora (Kingdom Hearts):

Pros:

• It's what Sora vs Pit should have been (not that I don't think that episode stands on it's own merits). And no, characters coming back isn't the worst thing in the world (it's just that we're sick of comic capeshit for the 5th ******* time).
  • If the KH revisions go through, it's actually a decently debatable matchup.
  • The setup with Bionis as a KH World has a ton of potential for back and forth / banter.
  • Models ahoy! Both sprite and 3D.
  • Cycling Monado arts / Monado (swords) and Drive Forms gives for a world of animation potential.
  • Just as orchestral as Zael (TLS). Stuff like Xehanort leitmotif with Zanza the Divine trappings could be cool af (oh, and this).

Cons:

• Relations start and end at the 'chosen one' trope... no, seriously, that's all I can think of.

Shulk_vs_Deoxys.png

VS Deoxys (Pokemon)

Pros:

• Decent concept worked into animation potential, that being how Monado Arts clash with Deo forms (Speed Art vs Deo-S, various offensive buff arts vs Deo-A etc.).
  • Depending on the gen, Pokemon x Xeno music would be good ("You Will Know Our Names" with Hoenn's sound font would be a laugh and a goddamn half).
  • Models shouldn't be the hardest to come by.

Cons:
  • Banter potential is nonexistent. It's an alien Pokemon, for gods sake.
  • Depending on if you're willing to wank meteor feats or not, this is a statstomp in Shulk's favor.
  • Relations are predicated on statistical fluctuations. Relations are otherwise lacking lest you want to argue that Deoxys IS the 'weapon' found ages prior.

And today, you have learned why Shulk has better MUs than Lightning.
Also it's hit me like a truck how Sora became his best MU.

Aight, let's take the gloves off:

Cons @ all Shulk MUs:

• How on Bionis do we keep him in character? We made this mistake with Ang (supposedly).
  • How do we make Visions not circumstantial?
  • What contacts do RT have with British VAs?

Shulk_vs_Zael.png

Vs Zael (The Last Story)

Pros:

• Operation Rainfall Legacy MU
  • Has plenty of animation potential vs Outsider Gravity hax and Monado arts in general
  • Both series OST has orchestrals in batches.
  • Models shouldn't be hard to come by.

Cons:

• Not exactly the strongest relations, admittedly.
  • Bit of a statstomp when considering what Monado III is (exclusions knowing what they did with the Final Batsuit, I'd be in two minds on).
  • Both being brits is good, but making the most of that takes them both out of character (not that doing that with Shulk isn't hard enough as is).

Shulk_vs_Kirito.png

Vs Kirito (SAO) (Previous reasons found here):

Pros:

• How many times have I bought out Yuki Kajiura x Xeno?
  • Relations are abstract, but otherwise solid (that abstraction being the best thing for Shulk's MUs IMO).
  • Monado arts and System Call Elements / Release Collection vs Buster means you have some of the best animation potential and trading of abilities.
  • The banter honestly writes itself. As said before, TELL ME that Kirito would not mistake Shulk for Eugeo (hopefully they won't make it cringe). They've even gotten Bryce Papenbrook back on as Sora (see below), so getting him back as Kirito isn't hard.

Cons:

• Yes, yes, 'muh statstomp'. I, too, saw the pearly gates.
  • Sods law, people will bring up Kirito having other MUs. Neo I've warmed to a bit, but the 'other MMORPG players' is way too unga bunga for my liking (at this point, it's missing the point of SAO).

Shulk_vs_Sora.png

Vs Sora (Kingdom Hearts):

Pros:

• It's what Sora vs Pit should have been (not that I don't think that episode stands on it's own merits). And no, characters coming back isn't the worst thing in the world (it's just that we're sick of comic capeshit for the 5th ******* time).
  • If the KH revisions go through, it's actually a decently debatable matchup.
  • The setup with Bionis as a KH World has a ton of potential for back and forth / banter.
  • Models ahoy! Both sprite and 3D.
  • Cycling Monado arts / Monado (swords) and Drive Forms gives for a world of animation potential.
  • Just as orchestral as Zael (TLS). Stuff like Xehanort leitmotif with Zanza the Divine trappings could be cool af (oh, and this).

Cons:

• Relations start and end at the 'chosen one' trope... no, seriously, that's all I can think of.

Shulk_vs_Deoxys.png

VS Deoxys (Pokemon)

Pros:

• Decent concept worked into animation potential, that being how Monado Arts clash with Deo forms (Speed Art vs Deo-S, various offensive buff arts vs Deo-A etc.).
  • Depending on the gen, Pokemon x Xeno music would be good ("You Will Know Our Names" with Hoenn's sound font would be a laugh and a goddamn half).
  • Models shouldn't be the hardest to come by.

Cons:
  • Banter potential is nonexistent. It's an alien Pokemon, for gods sake.
  • Depending on if you're willing to wank meteor feats or not, this is a statstomp in Shulk's favor.
  • Relations are predicated on statistical fluctuations. Relations are otherwise lacking lest you want to argue that Deoxys IS the 'weapon' found ages prior.

And today, you have learned why Shulk has better MUs than Lightning.
Also it's hit me like a truck how Sora became his best MU.

Deoxys vs Shulk.... why

Also Sora doesn't need to come back imo. So yeah. I still think Shulk vs Lightning is his best.

On topic of Shulk vs Lighting, what are connections of this?
Both start off as workers for their homes (Lightning's a solider while Shulk's a mechanic) when a race of creatures destroy their home (the Mechon destroying Colony 9, and the Fal'Cie destroying Bodhum) "killing" someone they love in the process (Serah and Fiora) and during said attack something happens to the MC changing their life forever (Lightning becomes a L'Cie while Shulk awakens his power to see visions). After said attack both vow revenge against the race that wronged them going on a world wide hunt for a way to end them while also recruiting people that also hate said race to their cause. After a while both reunite with the one they lost at the beginning, said loved one becoming a version of someone else (Serah becoming the new Yuel and Firoa becoming Mayneth's vessel). And both defeat the person that was the initial cause for the attack and leader of the enemy species (Orphan and Egil). Though both do eventually forgive the race at large realizing that people are only people. Both eventually also come to realize that the god they saw as an ally (Buniniveze and Zanza) was manipulating them this entire time, and conditioning them to become a tool to them (Etro and one of Zanza's disciples). Both eventually defeat the god and loosen their grip on humanity by using their new found powers) to create a world where the gods are no longer needed.

Deoxys vs Shulk.... why

"I just explained why"

Also Sora doesn't need to come back imo. So yeah. I still think Shulk vs Lightning is his best.

Putting aside the fact that no argument has been made for Lightning OST / animation potential and other factors (funny how you guys missed the point of the MU charts we've been doing for the past week or so):

Shadow didn't need to come back, yet it happened anyway.
Various Marvel vs DC heralds didn't need to happen, yet they do.
You guys want Vegeta back because Thor exists.

Might as well rip that band-aid off tbh.

"I just explained why"

Putting aside the fact that no argument has been made for Lightning OST / animation potential and other factors (funny how you guys missed the point of the MU charts we've been doing for the past week or so):

Shadow didn't need to come back, yet it happened anyway.
Various Marvel vs DC heralds didn't need to happen, yet they do.
You guys want Vegeta back because Thor exists.

Might as well rip that band-aid off tbh.
Still it sounds dumb.

The animation potential could work given their swordsmen skills and magic

Also,

Shadow prior to Vs Ryuko didn't have a good performance especially since vs Mewtwo sucked ass

Most of them bring in views and sometimes have new stuff to go over

Vegeta deserves a runback and Thor has gotten massive upgrades in the past few years

The animation potential could work given their swordsmen skills and magic

Y'all don't even have the balls to say Monado Arts, aight then lmfao

OK, but for real... more specific? Give me examples? Things that the fight could reference (like the potential Mayneth vs Ain Souph Aur that I mentioned with Fiora vs Emil, being a reference to Zanza killing her)?

Most of them bring in views and sometimes have new stuff to go over

Vegeta deserves a runback and Thor has gotten massive upgrades in the past few years

And THIS I want to focus on:

1) Can you say that, hand on heart, Pit was ever Sora's "best" matchup? And who would you put him against otherwise?

2) Sora vs Pit was like 8+ months prior to KHIII, and we're well past the 2-3 year cooldown at this point. You don't think that what Sora now has from III warrants a runback?

Shulk beats her no?

I've heard most people say this is a Shulk W (and I'm in favour because Shulk is my comfort character), but as someone who hasn't played FFXIII, I am in no position to verify any of it.

After seeing the mishandling of Ryuko vs Shadow, and the absolute sin on earth that was Red vs Tai, I'm not going to pop off if a character I 'like' ends up winning. It'd just make me look like a hypocrite (and I say that because I can still spot fundamental issues with these episodes even if Zard/Ryuko won).

Double standards at its finest, they also brought up Mundus creating a universe in his 1st fight with dante and they didnt deny that
I don't recall hearing them mention Mundus' dimension in the Cast video. Was it somewhere else? And yeah, even if they ignore universal stuff entirely, Mundus' feat is clearly at least multi solar system level even without any further context. It can't be dismissed as an illusion when it's repeatedly referred to as a space, the stars can't be dismissed as fake or small when they're referred to specifically as stars in Precious Tears, and we can't assume he simply teleported there given that most of the stars didn't appear until after Mundus and Dante entered the dimension. The G1 blog argued the stars must have been obscured, but I actually uploaded screenshots that directly disprove that theory.

After seeing the mishandling of Ryuko vs Shadow
i fail to see how they mishandled that episode at all
And THIS I want to focus on:

1) Can you say that, hand on heart, Pit was ever Sora's "best" matchup? And who would you put him against otherwise?

2) Sora vs Pit was like 8+ months prior to KHIII, and we're well past the 2-3 year cooldown at this point. You don't think that what Sora now has from III warrants a runback?
Sora vs Pit was both best at the time and was requested
Sure, Sora warrant a runback, but he isn't dire need to come back at all especially when there other MU that can be done
Sora is in the tier "yes he can comeback but isn't in dire need to"

i fail to see how they mishandled that episode at all

If the fact that they had to nerf Super Shadow to planetary to justify this not being a complete statstomp and still sizeably wins isn't a mismatch / mishandled, I'm not sure what to tell you (lest you were using IF gameverse, many could see the Shadow W a mile away).

The fact that Shadow outpacing Ryuko constitutes the ability to neg life fibre regen is also something that strikes me as a loaded or otherwise unfounded statement (not to insinuate no limits KLK or anything). If the statement was that Shadow could kill Ryuko faster than the Life Fibres could heal her, that would be one thing, but the way it's worded is completely whack.

Also nothing against Jenny Yokobiri, but the direction on her wasn't all that great, and honestly smells to me of production issues. Besides, how far off were Erica Mendez or Laura Bailey, exactly? One being her official VA, and the other would just make a good ******* Ryuko voice in general.

Sora vs Pit was both best at the time and was requested
Sure, Sora warrant a runback, but he isn't dire need to come back at all especially when there other MU that can be done
Sora is in the tier "yes he can comeback but isn't in dire need to"

I don't know anyone who asked for Sora vs Pit unironically, but ok.

And again, if I had to point out who warrants a runback in this thread, we'd be here all week.

I mean if we’re to have Sora die to a Xenoblade character, have it be Rex. Rex is far better than Shulk in terms of a thematic matchup

I mean I have MD Rex vs Ouma Shu booked in, but if it came down to Rex vs Sora, I'd be down for it, and I definitely get why people are bringing it up.

Wasn't Life fibers regen working by being faster than the thing that cuts them? In that scenario a single Chaos Control would be bad.

Otherwise ehh, they also nerfed the shit out of Storm, yet that isnt that bad fight either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back