• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Lifefibers regen working by being faster than the thing that cuts them? In that scenario a single Chaos Control would be bad.

Otherwise ehh, they also nerfed the shit out of Storm, yet that isnt that bad fight either.

Well Ryuko vs Shadow wasn't written off as a spite MU, so that already was better than it had any right to be.

I was also going to type out how there were times when Ryuko let herself get SBL, but then I realised that was specifically because the other scissor negs regen in her verse, so that was just going to look like I was talking out my arse.

Or... what, I'm supposed to act like she loses to anyone faster than re-entry speeds because that's how Senkets died?

I've heard most people say this is a Shulk W (and I'm in favour because Shulk is my comfort character), but as someone who hasn't played FFXIII, I am in no position to verify any of it.

After seeing the mishandling of Ryuko vs Shadow, and the absolute sin on earth that was Red vs Tai, I'm not going to pop off if a character I 'like' ends up winning. It'd just make me look like a hypocrite (and I say that because I can still spot fundamental issues with these episodes even if Zard/Ryuko won).
Is your fear of them mishandling a character something that makes you not want the MU or are you just stating you don’t personally care for shulk winning?

If the fact that they had to nerf Super Shadow to planetary to justify this not being a complete statstomp and still sizeably wins isn't a mismatch / mishandled, I'm not sure what to tell you (lest you were using IF gameverse, many could see the Shadow W a mile away).

The fact that Shadow outpacing Ryuko constitutes the ability to neg life fibre regen is also something that strikes me as a loaded or otherwise unfounded statement (not to insinuate no limits KLK or anything). If the statement was that Shadow could kill Ryuko faster than the Life Fibres could heal her, that would be one thing, but the way it's worded is completely whack.

Also nothing against Jenny Yokobiri, but the direction on her wasn't all that great, and honestly smells to me of production issues. Besides, how far off were Erica Mendez or Laura Bailey, exactly? One being her official VA, and the other would just make a good ******* Ryuko voice in general.
That's DB issue in general
they do that for almost any fight

can't comment much on there that in the bold is what they likely mean

i say Ryuko VA in the fight was good not great but good enough

idk Erica and Laura could've been busy or they couldn't have the money or whatever idk i don't know what goes down there

I don't know anyone who asked for Sora vs Pit unironically, but ok.

And again, if I had to point out who warrants a runback in this thread, we'd be here all week.
it was highly requested dude like other's could tell ya it was a MU fans wanted for both
and once again i didn't say Sora isn't worthy of a Runback just that he isn't in dire need to get back on the show

Is your fear of them mishandling a character something that makes you not want the MU or are you just stating you don’t personally care for shulk winning?

If it was my fear of them mishandling Shulk, I just wouldn't want him in the format. Period. This isn't exclusive to Lightning (although that'd be severely lessened if it was VS a character I'm more familiar with. How well they would be handled, though...? Eh, that's it's own kettle of fish).

Needless to say, I do care for Shulk winning, I'm just saying that my satisfaction goes both ways depending on the character. If Lightning was some Marvel or DC Herald (I know she isn't, hear me out), I would be disincentivised to actually look into the logistics of how badly he stomps / got stomped because... well, where do we start? And why should I care? In my mind, my comfort character just got slaughtered by someone who is a no-name in my mind. Do I have logical grounds to stand on when requesting a runback? No, I just look like some pissed off little shit, when if someone like Kirito or Gladion was the one doing the killing (no, I wouldn't suggest Shulk vs Gladion, I'm just naming off my top 3 fictional characters), I'd either care a lot less or think "hang on a minute... shouldn't this have gone the other way if due diligence was followed up on?"

I went through all of Maxwell's opponents, since he's my single most wanted character for Death Battle. Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

vs Rudy Tabootie (ChalkZone)

Pros
  • Arguably just as, if not more creative than Maxwell given how his powers work, making potential choreography nigh-unlimited
  • Another Western animation character joins Death Battle
  • Best compliments the whole "kids with unlimited imagination and magic writing objects" angle
  • Could pull some fun stuff with the Chalk Zone itself
  • ChalkZone theme meets Scribblenauts music could be a refreshing, more upbeat Death Battle track (less intense, more about adventure and imagination. Think the Death Battle version of something like Dalarna/Halland from Smash Ultimate). Imagine if they got Sithu back for a ChalkZone guitar solo
  • Probably Ruby's best
Cons:
  • A complete washout stomp in Maxwell's favour
  • May need to shell out cash for a Snap VA
vs Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)

Pros:
  • Larry da Vinci commentating the fight in real time actually sounds kinda charming
  • Really leans into the imagination motif
  • Probably good music potential (never played LittleBigPlanet, sorry)
Cons
  • A washout stomp for Maxwell (Sackboy caps out at, what? Planet level?)
  • Artstyles clash HARD
vs Steve (Minecraft)
Pros:
  • Probably has decent music potential because of Halland,/,Dalarna
  • His own stilted animation would compliment Maxwell's own
Cons:
  • Abilities are fundamentally different. Steve's first and foremost a crafter, not a summoner like Maxwell
  • Art styles clash HARD
  • Steve is 100% fighting Terrarian if he ever gets in
A Lantern (DC)
Pros:
  • Probably the only ones here that don't get completely dumpstered by him
  • Could probably wrangle a decent track and choreography out of it
Cons:
  • Most of the big-ticket Lanterns either make no sense to fight Maxwell (Larfleeze, Atrocitus), already have opponents picked out for them (Kyle/Simon, Alan Scott/Richard Rider, Sinestro vs Terumi/Megatron/whoever you wish) or are too obscure to use
  • No real connections outside of "they make stuff and Maxwell had a Green Lantern ring for like 5 minutes"
  • more capeshit lol (possibly even a DC L that'd only work because of DC crossover scaling, which is arguably worse)
  • There'd be Ben vs Hal references and you know they won't be funny or clever
Timmy Turner (Fairly OddParents)
Pros:
  • Actually decent connection's wise
  • Could make for fun banter
Cons:
  • The possibility of Butch Hartman getting associated again with Death Battle
  • Da Rules might constrain what Timmy can do in the fight, which is completely antithetical to what a Maxwell opponent should have
  • Would have to shell out more cash for VA's for Cosmo and Wanda
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Pros:
  • Could actually make for a ton of fun choreography (imagine Maxwell using words like copied/cloned to give himself an Omnitrix, or applying fireproof to himself to counter Heatblast, or using adjectives like normal/regular to revert Ben back to a human)
  • Banter would be fun, with the more mature and experienced but still cocky Ben bouncing off the imaginative but immature Maxwell (especially reacting to each others powers).
  • Pretty good music potential, the general themes of "imagination" and "cosmic" go pretty well together. You might even be able to get a decent lyrical track out of it (given how iconic the Ben 10 theme is, and how Maxwell's literal game plan is getting creative with words).
  • Given the sprites from Hal vs Gen, the Danny Phantom DBX, and new ones made specifically for the battle, Ben could be better represented with more alien transformations over the course of the fight
Cons:
  • Would inevitably reopen the wounds of Ben vs Hal, especially if Maxwell wound up winning (God forbid they give Maxwell his Green Lantern Ring)
  • Ben arguably fought his best opponent already (though I have heard good things about Jaden as a matchup...)
  • Ben hasn't really had enough since his episode to justify another round
Kid Kaiju (MARVEL):
Pros:
  • Genuinely trying to think of the positives, I've got nothing
Cons:
  • Kei is relatively obscure across Marvel's pantheon
  • Kei (to my knowledge) has nothing to offer on the music front
  • Kei is limited in that he can only summon other living beings to fight on his behalf, a restriction Maxwell doesn't have, making the choreography very repetitive. Summon monster, Maxwell deal with it, rinse and repeat.
  • Maxwell ... presumably stomps? I want to say he does, but Kei apparently summoned the Hulk at some point, so...
  • Yay, my favourite, capeshit no one asked for
Mutsumi Saburo (Sgt. Frog)
Pros:
Cons:
  • A side character of a relatively obscure anime, a complete who
  • Connections start and end with "writing objects that make real things". Saburo's isn't even magical to my knowledge
Noob (Roblox)
Pros:
  • Roblox on Death Battle, the jokes write themselves
Cons:
  • Roblox on Death Battle, the jokes write themselves
Drew (Drawn to Life)
Pros:
  • While under the radar compared to other legacy matchups, has legacy roots as Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life are 5th Cell's biggest series (please play Locke's Quest, people)
  • Fantastic music potential (Drawn to Life has such good tracks, you guys)
  • While limited, he arsenal is enough for a 3 minute animation
Cons:
  • Drew exists solely within the mind of a comatose child so scaling is iffy
  • Doesn't really utilise creation in combat
  • Much more limited arsenal
I definitely forgot stuff, but it's also midnight where I am. Please correct me, good night.

• Larry da Vinci commentating the fight in real time actually sounds kinda charming
  • Really leans into the imagination motif
  • Probably good music potential (never played LittleBigPlanet, sorry)
Not sure if this would be a problem, but alot of LBG's soundtrack is instrumentals from pop songs
Like passion pit's sleepy head

w8cgcbtw9z281.jpg

Nitpicks.

1.) "Shinigami's body is still tangible and can be damaged normally" no.....

2.) Kurohitsugi is not his strongest kido, it's Goryutenmentsu. He also does not need incantations to use both and "Kurohitsugi" at full potency does more than just "cut you apart".

3.) He doesn't need Kyoka Suigetsu anymore. You just look at him, and you are susceptible to Complete Hypnosis.

Overall, my 2nd and 3rd nitpicks are likely gonna be elaborated on in the fight itself but the first one is big yikes.

pretty sure shinigami strong enough can be touched cause of there spirit density,

i'm usually pretty chill but i'd be lowkey mad if they said TSB can null regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back