• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do me a favor and stop being a **** please. Thank you very much
I can taste the salt already. Also, don't bother bleeping out what you called me. Just go ahead and say it. I don't care what you call me, mate. You ain't getting reported for a foul mouth by me, that's for su-, actually, no wait. Never mind. Someone else will report you for it anyways. Much as this little joust is amusing me, I'd rather not see you get a warning for something as trivial as this. This ain't the OBD. We'll get in trouble with the mods if we take this any further. I'll tone this down too.

No in fact here’s a quote from a friend of mine about our persona stats

“We literally don't even know how time ******* works which is theorized to be the 4th dimension, but there's a shit ton of disagreement. Humans cannot Conceptualize higher dimensions, its Massively above our current understanding of the world, and we have little to next to nothing to base our theories upon. It's why you see astrology majors struggling with concepts like that despite studying it for years on end, we've been looking into that type of stuff since the ******* 70s and we've made no progress since then. We can't even cure shit like cancer, the **** makes them think we have an understanding of higher dimensional shit?”
The bane of versus debating in a nutshell. Higher dimensional tiering.

I can taste the salt already. Also, don't bother bleeping out what you called me. Just go ahead and say it. I don't care what you call me, mate. You ain't getting reported for a foul mouth by me, that's for su-, actually, no wait. Never mind. Someone else will report you for it anyways. Much as this little joust is amusing me, I'd rather not see you get a warning for something as trivial as this. This ain't the OBD. We'll get in trouble with the mods if we take this any further. I'll tone this down too.
Sure whatever pal

If I’m gonna be honest, I was kinda iffy on 1-C joker to begin with, I don’t think many others on other forums buy it
I mean to be fair, people don't tend to buy dimensional tiering when it requires someone to read an entire multi-page essay explaining a series' cosmology. I can't fault anyone for that.

I however, like to read about cosmologies because I'm a huge nerd.

I don't think DB needs to scale Joker to that if they want to argue he wins.
Like outside dimensional tiering, you can probably argue to the casual audience that MT/Persona characters are multiversal (which is above Giorno's pay grade in power) and have abilities which resist causality manipulation and render GER as useless.
On the topic of Joker vs Giorno, I think that matchup depends on if DB buys Joker resisting GER because outside of that I'd say Joker wins handedly

Me looking at all these spoiler tabs and trying to finds the one about the next fight and not current fight while being scared of spoilling myself be like:
scared-in-computer.jpg

An explanation
unknown-26.png
Who wrote this post out of curiosity?

Anyways, I was low key looking forward to Korra vs Rey, especially with it being a thematic Avatar/Star Wars match up. They still could have been positive about the characters despite the fanbases' negativity. I am not too familiar with Storm, but that matchup just seems dumb with everything I am hearing from everyone else

• Yang Xiao Long vs Katsuki Bakugou: They erroneously scale Yang to Low 7-B and she APstomps
  • Ruby vs Maka: Maka massacres or Ruby finally gets a massive amp in a future season of RWBY and takes it
  • Kyle vs Simon: Kyle loses to Simon’s 11D scaling
  • Omni-Man vs Bardock: Unless they get a higher end for Viltrum’s destruction than us (or use any of the higher-end Invincible interpretations) Bardock solidly wins
  • Joker vs Giorno: What he said
  • Asura vs Atrocitus: Herald scaling go brrrr
  • Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter: Goes without saying
  • Deku vs Miss Marvel or K.O.: Deku beats Marvel with serious difficulty or gets annihilated by K.O.
  • Thor vs Vegeta: Vanilla Thor wins via speed and hax, if Thor gets his current form w/ Skyfather scaling he just APstomps
  • Trunks vs Silver: Under Volume scaling Silver dies horribly to multipliers. Silver’s Psychokinesis would surprisedly be able to stop Trunks’ movements due to Dragon Ball’s subpar Lifting Strength, but it won’t matter if Silver can’t hurt him
  • Discord vs Bill: They call bullshit on Bill being a universe/multiverse buster and Discord takes it via IDW feats

On a related note, I think it could be argued that Avatar Kyoshi also has thematic connections to Rey. They both have abandonment issues from their parents leaving them and a big part of their stories are basically exploring the circumstances behind that ("Rise of Kyoshi" and "Shadow of Kyoshi" are really good books btw)

Can there possibly be an even more uninteresting matchup then Korra vs Storm? It's objectively a stomp, and not one which can be fun in the first place. And the matchup is so uninteresting that it makes me wonder if DB's going to start doing some filler episodes till we get to the inevitable Galactus vs Unicron episode
There's Madara vs Aizen

Okay, so I ended up watching the Akuma vs Shao Kahn fight a couple times now to form an opinion on it, the research was meh, refer to certain comments about a certain crossover above, but otherwise it wasn't too terrible, I think the fight was better than what some others have said, and the double fakeout at the end with the chest punch, get up, Raging Demon, counter was a great mix up at the end...BUT....the pacing of the fight was actually terrible, Akuma WHIPPEd through his his forms in like seconds, and they both only really did some signature moves once, when they're known to be some of the spammiest bastards in gaming. Not to mention it felt like the quality of the animation dropped significantly over the course of the fight, starting out alright, but quickly lowering as it went on until the rushed end....speaking of which....the kill, it was alright, but man did it lack impact and felt weirdly censored, though I do think the Kahn turning his back at the end with the green flame was a great callback to Akuma's raging daemon, albeit comedically a hole in his chest vs the kanji Ten.... over all I'd give the episode as a "hole" 6.5/10 it's no Blakisa or Macho-Aids but it's still far from what we COULD have gotten

Damn, there goes my Weather Report vs Storm dreams. Weather Wizard, the Flash villain then?
Damn, I heard this screws over a lot of scalings over Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat right?
Good grief. Is Korra vs Storm the next episode?
Not just does Korra vs Rey and Korra vs Delsin Rowe get casted aside, it also ruined Storm vs Weather Report or Storm vs Marie (Persona).

An explanation
unknown-26.png
Korra vs Rey: Badly written characters that nobody wants to see fight each other, because it would mean rooting for one crappy character over another.

Korra vs Storm: Badly written character vs character who is overall solid, minus any potential shenanigans terrible writers motivated purely by agenda may have done, and involves a character people wouldn't mind rooting for to win.(Storm)
You know I find the reasoning for not doing Korra vs Rey kinda dumb considering we just had Steven vs Star earlier this season.
Korra vs Rey actually have stronger close connections than Korra vs Storm. I am not even talking over stomps here.

And now... Weather Report vs Weather Wizard (DC) next?
Anyone got the fight?
Tomorrow 1am SGT on Youtube. Or go to someone's house with a Rooster Teeth First Members account. Or rent one yourself.

Okay, so I ended up watching the Akuma vs Shao Kahn fight a couple times now to form an opinion on it, the research was meh, refer to certain comments about a certain crossover above, but otherwise it wasn't too terrible, I think the fight was better than what some others have said, and the double fakeout at the end with the chest punch, get up, Raging Demon, counter was a great mix up at the end...BUT....the pacing of the fight was actually terrible, Akuma WHIPPEd through his his forms in like seconds, and they both only really did some signature moves once, when they're known to be some of the spammiest bastards in gaming. Not to mention it felt like the quality of the animation dropped significantly over the course of the fight, starting out alright, but quickly lowering as it went on until the rushed end....speaking of which....the kill, it was alright, but man did it lack impact and felt weirdly censored, though I do think the Kahn turning his back at the end with the green flame was a great callback to Akuma's raging daemon, albeit comedically a hole in his chest vs the kanji Ten.... over all I'd give the episode as a "hole" 6.5/10 it's no Blakisa or Macho-Aids but it's still far from what we COULD have gotten

Also forgot about my review of Diocard....it was great, the music was great, the animation for the most part was stellar outside of a couple derpy faces here or there, and the research for the most part was really solid outside of a particular calc but otherwise amazing, ironically even ended how i hoped which is rare (Dio wrying as it rains blood after an epic Muda combo) However I do feel like there was some missed opportunities in the fight, like more of DIO fighting the army of ghouls to get at Alucard and stuff like that ( a nice battle with him taking on Alahambra and Rip van Winkle would have been neat) but really i'm getting in to nitpick territory as this MIGHt be one of my favs for this season depending on how Madaizen and Galacron goes down, I'd put it at a 8.5/10

As for my hopes for Madaizen and Galacron...GOD I HOPE THEY SHOW OFF MORE OF THEIR POWERS VS JUST HAVING THEM PUNCH AND SLASH EACH OTHER

Galacron isn't happening this season I think

I've honestly been slowly coming to that thought as well, it literally just comes down to the match up after KoRm, as Madaizen is very easily a finale level episode as well, I just hope beyond hope that no matter if either of these are the finale or whatever, that these match ups NEED to have a proper powers showcase during the fight or else they are bunked immediately.

i will say though, that Galacron SHOULD be the finale, as it's been an episode in the works nearly since Deathbattle has begun, and for it to miss THIS season, the season of anniversaries and legacy match ups?? If it isn't it's always going to be weird.

Yeah. I too have a feeling it won't be happening. I think we're getting a wildcard after next one then Madara vs Aizen. That fight is finale worthy, plus it needs to be a loooong fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back