• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Death Battle team knows that Rey VS Korra is better 3D but they are unable to make too many 3D battles.
Then they waste time and effort in making malignant claymation in Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man?

Then they decide to slip one extra episode of Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash when they know there are legacy matchups like Galactus vs Unicron and Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer and Shulk vs Lightning and Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia?

And... Why waste effort in making Akuma vs Shao Kahn a 3D episode?

Sorry I need to cool down and I need to start my day job.

How was it ruined because of politics?
I presume this OKKO is something very horrible, related to politics, and is something very America specific. (To contrast, Steven Universe and Star vs the Forces of Evil are also very political but their effects go way more worldwide. While SVTFOE does go down because of politics and some plot issues, SU is more of plot itself and not much about politics.)
To make a long story show, OK KO was meant to be a launch title for HBO Max, the idea was to put niche series that don't fit the target CN audiance on their new platform to get more interest in their new streaming server. But as most of use know HBO Max did not come out in 2017 but 3 years later. Why? Because of anti trust laws passed by the trump administration HBO Max had to be delayed. As a result this caused shows that were meant to primeir on HBO Max to either get delayed, moved to other stations or completely reworked, OK KO was the latter.

Who wrote this post out of curiosity?

Anyways, I was low key looking forward to Korra vs Rey, especially with it being a thematic Avatar/Star Wars match up. They still could have been positive about the characters despite the fanbases' negativity. I am not too familiar with Storm, but that matchup just seems dumb with everything I am hearing from everyone else
I believe GB

unknown.png

Korra

Kyo will probably never be on death battle since SNK games are mostly unknown outside of japan/latin america/Saudi Arabia
Geese only got in cuz of Tekken 7 and Terry/Mai only got in because they are the only slightly known rivals for Chun-li/Ken.

(also "Ken dodged attacks from the super powerful Akuma" is literally one of the worst nonsense i have ever heard on a versus channel.

Also using literal non-feats like fighting the god of war Ares (anime exclusive) for Terry or the KOF manga for Geese when that is not canon.
If they are not going to properly analyze any of the characters decently , i think it is best they just do not do fighting game matchups ever again.)

I think maybe during next season or this one they should hold a ballot for death battle mus, that way we can not get flooded with completely random DC vs Marvel mus everyone is sick of

• Yang Xiao Long vs Katsuki Bakugou: They erroneously scale Yang to Low 7-B and she APstomps
  • Ruby vs Maka: Maka massacres or Ruby finally gets a massive amp in a future season of RWBY and takes it
  • Kyle vs Simon: Kyle loses to Simon’s 11D scaling
  • Omni-Man vs Bardock: Unless they get a higher end for Viltrum’s destruction than us (or use any of the higher-end Invincible interpretations) Bardock solidly wins
  • Joker vs Giorno: What he said
  • Asura vs Atrocitus: Herald scaling go brrrr
  • Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter: Goes without saying
  • Deku vs Miss Marvel or K.O.: Deku beats Marvel with serious difficulty or gets annihilated by K.O.
  • Thor vs Vegeta: Vanilla Thor wins via speed and hax, if Thor gets his current form w/ Skyfather scaling he just APstomps
  • Trunks vs Silver: Under Volume scaling Silver dies horribly to multipliers. Silver’s Psychokinesis would surprisedly be able to stop Trunks’ movements due to Dragon Ball’s subpar Lifting Strength, but it won’t matter if Silver can’t hurt him
  • Discord vs Bill: They call bullshit on Bill being a universe/multiverse buster and Discord takes it via IDW feats
I pray we never get Silver vs Trunks, considering how Sonic scaling on the show typically is, and how there's been a flagrant dislike for Silver showcased on the show in the past, if anybody remembers the graph they put out during the leadup to Shadow vs Mewtwo lol. I'm generally of the opinion that I just don't really wanna see Sonic matchups on the show again at all, besides MAYBE Archie Knuckles.

Also is Atrocitus a good matchup for Asura? I genuinely love Asura and want to see him on the show, but would really rather it not be a stomp or capeshit stuff.

Omni-Man vs Bardock would be fun, while a little generic, I just like Omni-Man and think there could be fun interactions/choreography. Joker on DB would be neat but I feel like Giorno would be annoying to work with, but so long as they make Joker universal-multiversal he wins pretty handedly.

And if Simon could finally break DC's winstreak on Non-Marvel characters, that would be greatly appreciated. I think Archie was the last chance for that streak to end and they coped him out of that win, so the only major chances left are Kyle vs Simon and Raidou vs Constantine, really.

Last edited:
Seriously.
They got mortal kombat at between athletic human to low planet level to multiversal without any clear separation out of non canon endings.

they got killer instinct at i think street level.

SF at building level to country level to multi continental because of TWO non canon feats.

Tekken between town and multi continental.

Blazblue at ... ??? I do not think they even gave Taokaka or Ragna a rating.
Correction. Ragna busting a street is his highest feat in DB.

Sol at country level. (Xrd was out at the time so this is unexcusable)
etc, etc.

I personally hope there are no more fighting game episodes, they all are researched badly and it is almost insulting to the few of us that actually like fighting game characters.

Seriously.
They got mortal kombat at between athletic human to low planet level to multiversal without any clear separation out of non canon endings.

they got killer instinct at i think street level.

SF at building level to country level to multi continental because of TWO non canon feats.

Tekken between town and multi continental.

Blazblue at ... ??? I do not think they even gave Taokaka or Ragna a rating.
Correction. Ragna busting a street is his highest feat in DB.

Sol at country level. (Xrd was out at the time so this is unexcusable)
etc, etc.

I personally hope there are no more fighting game episodes, they all are researched badly and it is almost insulting to the few of us that actually like fighting game characters.
KI last appearance was like City-Island
Tekken Was City-Island/Multi Continental
Ragna shit was in S2 an was Written by a guy who didn't like the series

GG was again S2 DB

DB hold partial blame but don't act like it's all on them

And i think soul calibur was building level or lower since Guts one shot inferno and that killer instinct girl stomped Ivy
and KOF ranged between athletic human to i think city level, both out of random nonsense that is not calced or non canon material.

I think Death Battle really shouldn't be considered remotely viable for a single factor: they do not do retractions nor admit when they are wrong.

Also Scorpion can one shot Superman/Strange/Fate/MegamanEXE/Goku/Thor if he stays in the netherrealm long enough

Last edited:
So I've been avoiding this place to not see Akuma vs Shao Kahn spoilers, but I had to come in here real quick just to mention that Arle vs Spawn unironically has connections, and I'm gonna let y'all do your own research as to how. Puyo Puyo is ******' wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back