• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite MU for Sans
Sans_vs._Marie_Korbel.png
How, when Sans' absolute, undeniably most cursed thematic MU is right over here?

db5zk89-95102aa7-b0ac-49d4-961f-1a2ec6a79d6a.jpg

What are the connections between John Egbert and Frisk? I've seen this matchup tossed around and apparently it has a Yates commission.

I would like to see an Asgore fight, but I need a better idea of how they would handle him destroying the mercy button before deciding on an opponent.
I've brought up Susie vs Kaimen from Dorohedoro, but that was made on the spot, doesn't go deeper than violent but friendly lizards in terms of thematic, and not to mention that Deltarune is unfinished.

What are the connections between John Egbert and Frisk? I've seen this matchup tossed around and apparently it has a Yates commission.
1. It would have commission track from Yates.
2. Copy pasting the creator of MU:
"The first few will be comparing their series themselves
Both are from an internet based series(Homestucks a Web-Comic and Indie Game) that was extremely influential and wide-spread during it's peak, that also basically took the standard definition of their type of series (web comic and RPG) and basically threw most of the standards out the window in favor of going out of the box(Undertale allowing you to spare and Homestuck... being Homestuck and basically breaking any conventions people had for Web-Comics)
Boths series implement RPG mechanics Into being part of the lore with LVL's EXP and Save Points being a factual part of Frisk and Undertales Lore,while Sburb(the game the homestuck cast plays) is basically a RPG with fraymotifs(combo attacks involving aspect) and echeladder(levels) being established parts of lore Both are the protagonist of their series(kinda easy but still), Both Frisk and John are connected to a specific piece of a set that basically shape what abilities you have(Frisk is a DETERMINED soul, John is a BREATH player), and both Determination and Breath have a connection to freedom and choosing your own path
"The will to keep living... The resolve to change fate. Let's call this power... "Determination.""(Undertales description of Determination) "Those bound to the aspect of Breath are, above all, expansive. Flexible and driven," and "Often, heroism comes along as an offshoot of them pursuing their own personal stories."(Both being descriptions about Breath from an offical Homestuck website) Both Frisk and John end up having the most overpowered and story defining ability that only they can use, which funnily enough both have a connection to "Time"(Resets allowing Frisk to go back in time to make things go their way and Retcons allowing John to go anywhere in space-time to change Causality)
Both Frisk and John had opposite experiences with family over of the course of their adventures, in the Pacifist timeline, Frisk basically got adopted by Toriel, while John had to witness the corpse of his father during his adventures in Sburb at the end of their 'everyone dies' timeline(Genocide route and Game Over), both are influenced by the only person who never left their side(Chara being connected to Frisk influences them, and Terezi, despite them ****** dying they managed to get their memories in the new Terezis mind) to do something, which had opposite results, John going back in time with the Retcon powers to create a new good timeline, and Frisk just ending existence as we know it.

and to top it off, technically both encounter monsters in their series that seem like they're threatening them(Undertales Monsters and Homestucks Trolls), who end up actually being friendly, if not eccentric and chaotic.
Overall, quite thematic if I don't say so myself!"

Fights could be significantly better, like how Hulk vs Broly has issue with impact of attacks and scenes cut weirdly and say in Bats vs IM Hellbat throwing the Watch Tower is cool but the fight started because Bats wanted to stop Tony from shutting it down.

Fights could be significantly better, like how Hulk vs Broly has issue with impact of attacks and scenes cut weirdly and say in Bats vs IM Hellbat throwing the Watch Tower is cool but the fight started because Bats wanted to stop Tony from shutting it down.
that to me isn't new
almost any DB fights could be better in one one way or the other tbh

Lex vs Doom.

Dialogue really didn't do it for me and Doom's Voice just didn't fit him, the guy who voiced him is a talented voice actor but Doctor Doom was just not in his voice, and lex was... fine. Dialougue punched into the pacing of the fight however hard.

Explain
Also GVS2 has more factors as to why it's the worst episode in DB Than just Clark's character being shat on
GvS2 is bad because it’s one of the instances where they just stopped giving a shit and just farted out intentionally bad research because of laziness or indifference.

Superman is completely invincible because he picked up a book and the Spectre once, ergo he somehow can never lose”

“What about all those instances where he absolutely did lose outright or wasn’t unstoppable and had clear limits, gonna elaborate on that?”

Ed2jc0hXYAApGSy.jpg

Goku vs Superman
8/10
Animation doesn't hold up well but choreography for the fight was well done and used both characters abilities nicely and had a fitting climax was a worthy season finale
Superman VA was good
Goku Va Masako X had his moments of being good and not so good i never been a fan of his goku sounds too try hard to copy Goku's Japanese Va
characters rep wise was well done
NE79dtV4_-UYQsnFvtAhdUd-T89yzIHAvKt-6OfNMSQ.jpg

Ben 10 vs Green Lantern
7.5-low 8/10
Animation was solid, Banters was on point and both characters were done well
Hal Resisting Alien X EE alongside his Chant when Alien X Clones were shattering his shield is one of the most underrated moments in DB mainly cause it show who Hal truly is
Alien X was well done as well
However where there are pro's there are con's
The lack of Ben's Resources really hurt the fight it could've help the fight more if Ben were able to use more of his alien's instead of like Four at best and make use of some like Ghost Freak and Upgrade to help sell the idea of Hal countering anything Ben can throw at him

The ending was also Lame as Hell everybody and myself would've prefer Hal beating Alien X then Straight up then "lol Time Travel" Something Hal hasn't done in years and something X can resist and just had folks asked Why X didn't just follow Hal like Black did with RF recently.
Time Huh meme is funny but seriously Ben's Death while funny was kinda disrespectful if your a fan of him
him dying in a explosion is much better than getting crushed by a boot

really a nice fight but ****** over by a shitty ending
Amy Rose vs Ramona Flowers.
7/10
sadly the much better sonic fight of S3, Music for it was nice, suited both characters death was kind of funny
Rouge vs wonder woman
Forgettable as **** only remembered for being wrong as hell and Kiss death a bit
easily one of the weakest S1 episodes
1/10

Mega Man vs Astro Boy
7.5/10
Good but nothing special frankly
MM Arsenal was decent used
Astroboy Ass Gun scene was a nice lil WTF moment
Music was nice

Doctor Doom vs Darth Vader
6.5/10
Really the first half was solid (mainly cause they used Doom's MVC3 Theme) but meanders in the second Half and at times feel meh
Had some old school ScrewAttack humor
climax was weak just them TK rock against each other
Okay overall but nothing much to it

Dracula vs Ganondorf
High 8/10
one of the best fights outta Season 6 and showed the Talent of SFM Team GanonDorf and Dracula VA were excellent, Action Was Solid, Dialogue was cool (tho Ganon did most of the work but Dracula had the Best Line) Music was fitting and the final Blow was just Disrespectful and Brutal felt like it payback for Ganon vs Bowser
"You're right... You're not a man, you're a pig. Let me hear you squeal."

Straight Deliverance

IMO them using a literal shitpost for Mega Man's quote in Mega Man vs Astro Boy was outright disrespectful, and I still refuse to believe an oil tanker is heaver than a whole-ass fortress.

IMO them using a literal shitpost for Mega Man's quote in Mega Man vs Astro Boy was outright disrespectful, and I still refuse to believe an oil tanker is heaver than a whole-ass fortress.
I mean… it wasn’t a whole ass fortress, it was one tower of a fortress. And you’d be surprised how ****** heavy oil tankers are, especially at full capacity.

Also, them using a shitpost for fun isn’t really disrespectful, it’s just for fun. Not like they don’t like the character seeing how Ben and Chad have gushed about him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back