• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a Death Battle Episode that happened and I'll give you my honest opinion em
NE79dtV4_-UYQsnFvtAhdUd-T89yzIHAvKt-6OfNMSQ.jpg
Worst episode in your opinion? I believe I never heard it before

Lex Luthor vs Iron Man
Easily one of the best of S2 and one of best episodes of DB
While both Characters VA weren't all that great mainly on Lex side while also feeling like they were biting more on the MCU version of Tony however the dialogue between the two was great,action was mostly solid, both characters abilities was used very quite nicely, was paced very well and Tony "I was playing Human quote" from the Superior Iron Man Comic was brilliant especially the music played after it

one of the best Hero vs Villain fights and still Both characters best Fight to this date

Doomguy vs Master Chief is absolutely horrendous done, not just for the research (which was bad even for time it came out) or the fact it’s so horribly outdated that Doomguy could unironically solo the Halo verse itself at this point.

It’s the horrible fight itself, with the dude whose known for moving at 200 MPH moving like he shit his pants because they were too lazy to make new sprites for Doomguy. Just absolutely horrible, having bad research is one thing, but a bad fight alongside that is unexcusable.

Worst episode in your opinion? I believe I never heard it before
Worst Episode?
Now this Mu while not the worst but it's easily one of the worst episodes They done on the show
Goku vs Superman 2
It is the literal definition of Soul vs Soulless
definition of a good movie ruined by a unneeded Shit Sequel
The factors that makes me despise this episode this long
  1. Literally no research on Goku's part
  2. Had no reason to be done when Super was just starting to get the feats
  3. The disrespect for both characters (Superman character getting shat on as some boring Mary Sue, and Goku being treated as Punching Bag in the Animation
  4. The poorly attempt to kiss ass to both fanbase
  5. The fight itself being boring and screamed of the crew speaking through the characters which is frankly the biggest offense you could do
  6. A shitty closure to the biggest VS MU
Others can go more in depth but Goku vs Superman 2 is easily the worst episodes in the Shows history and outside the track itself there's literally no positives out of it

Worst Episode?
Now this Mu while not the worst but it's easily one of the worst episodes They done on the show
Goku vs Superman 2
  3. The disrespect for both characters (Superman character getting shat on as some boring Mary Sue, and Goku being treated as Punching Bag in the Animation
  5. The fight itself being boring and screamed of the crew speaking through the characters which is frankly the biggest offense you could do
Others can go more in depth but Goku vs Superman 2 is easily the worst episodes in the Shows history and outside the track itself there's literally no positives out of it
Number 3, and 4 really grinds my gears. When I was more impressionable, it ruined my view of Superman for a year, after being a fan of him from JLU. Good thing I grew up a tiny bit.

Worst Episode?
Goku vs Superman 2
The worst part ever was that cringy ass final speech from King Kai where he straight up tells Goku "You can't beat this dude no matter what" and GOKU ******* ROLLS WITH IT. GOKU WOULD NEVER ******* ROLL WITH IT.

King Kai has told Goku that he couldn't beat plenty of people and he, in the most Goku way possible, told him "**** off, i'll do it anyway."

Its such a bad copout ending, Goku would only ever use that to further his belief in strengthening himself, he'd never be deterred from a fight like that. Its even more hilarious because of how fast DBS closed the gap on that unmatched potential real ****** quick, now that Goku is clearly achieved Universal+ status. That plus the fact that they present Superman as a Mary Sue who can never lose, but somehow that doesn't apply to Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman who helped him perform said feats, only Superman.

The only good thing is I'm pretty sure they don't even agree with that observation anymore, as they've clearly never brought it up ever again, and actually scale DC characters properly. The fact they're clearly gunning for a rematch also shows they've abandoned their old ways and actually want a good fight. Don't know if it was the research team, Seth, Swan, or whoever, but i'm glad they're way better nowadays.

The worst part ever was that cringy ass final speech from King Kai where he straight up tells Goku "You can't beat this dude no matter what" and GOKU ******* ROLLS WITH IT. GOKU WOULD NEVER ******* ROLL WITH IT.

King Kai has told Goku that he couldn't beat plenty of people and he, in the most Goku way possible, told him "**** off, i'll do it anyway."

Its such a bad copout ending, Goku would only ever use that to further his belief in strengthening himself, he'd never be deterred from a fight like that. Its even more hilarious because of how fast DBS closed the gap on that unmatched potential real ****** quick, now that Goku is clearly achieved Universal+ status. That plus the fact that they present Superman as a Mary Sue who can never lose, but somehow that doesn't apply to Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman who helped him perform said feats, only Superman.

The only good thing is I'm pretty sure they don't even agree with that observation anymore, as they've clearly never brought it up ever again, and actually scale DC characters properly. The fact they're clearly gunning for a rematch also shows they've abandoned their old ways and actually want a good fight. Don't know if it was the research team, Seth, Swan, or whoever, but i'm glad they're way better nowadays.
Funnily enough Dragon Ball Super literally has Goku get excited at the prospect of fighting someone with infinite power.

Charizard vs Greymon
Terminator vs Robocop
Jotaro vs Kenshiro
Charizard vs Greymon
7.5/10
Had some funny moments akin to the cheesy dubs of both franchise and both Red and Tai commenting on both Digimon/Pokemon Evolution was nice
Action was alright
Death was ****** up and brutal given the characters involved

Terminator vs Robocop
8/10
Animation didn't aged quite well but it's a damn good battle between two *80's Robot Icons
honestly one worth a remaster

Jotaro vs Kenshiro
7/10
honestly felt like the OMM did it better felt like it captured both characters series nature and felt better paced
here i feel like it was alright but nothing really to brag about
Track was catchy i say and the battle was decent
Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher
9/10 another Season 2 Classic
Snake's VA was great iirc Sabat or some Funi VA voiced him in it
Fisher VA could've been better IMO
The Fight was awesome especially in the climax
"Your Pretty Good" was damn well used
Kratos vs Spawn
Dante vs Bayonetta
Kratos vs Spawn
kinda Meh
Mu wise its damn creative and fits and debatable
Fight itself eh being S1 episode really screwed it over
the climax worked into thinking Kratos got it until Spawn overcame the blade and killed him
outside of that it was Meh

Dante vs Bayonetta
9/10
Easily the best Season Premier alongside being one of the few episodes from S3 that was worth shit
Best use of both characters arsenal, Banter was great, Action was damn Solid
easily Torrians finest Work
only issue i would have is it felt like Dante was kinda no selling Bayo at times
Wolverine vs Raiden and Zero vs Metal Sonic.
Wolverine Vs Raiden
9/10
Solid Episode
VA for Both needed work mainly wolverine Case while Raiden at least sounded like him Okayish
Action was damn solid for it Claws vs Blade was made for a nice clash with nice movements involving both fighters
only issue i would say that the final clash could seem a bit hard to see given the rapid slashes but that's just me
frankly the best for both

Metal vs Zero
7/10
when they tried to mix 3D with 2D could be a bit jarring at times but honestly i appreciate the effort for it
it felt like a fight that could fit in in both series and the climax for was nice

You know, I think if they do make Hit vs Sakuya, they're gonna wait a while first. Dragon Ball losing twice in a row due to having a smaller universe than the opposition would feel really upsetting to a lot of people, regardless of accuracy.

You know, I think if they do make Hit vs Sakuya, they're gonna wait a while first. Dragon Ball losing twice in a row due to having a smaller universe than the opposition would feel really upsetting to a lot of people, regardless of accuracy.
If they're just now showing interest in Touhou then I doubt we'll see Hit vs Sakuya for a while, probably not until after next season.

Also Hit doesn't necessarily lose if they think he can just blitz + organ crush, though I have no idea what they'll use for Touhou speed since it can range from relativistic to infinite depending on who you ask.

Bowser vs Ganon
eh 6/10 and not a good one
NLF and wrong outcome aside the fight didn't have much going for it
Bowser didn't felt like he was much of a threat to Ganondorf in the fight and kinda spent getting no sold
Ganondorf got redeemed in his fight so Bowser is overdue for a better runback
Dragonzord vs Kiryu
8/10
Track is mad underrated and it was a nice mecha fight tho only hurts it was another Power Rangers L one of which was supposed to be a W
Aang vs Edward
Kinda Serviceable/average
went back and rewatched it and felt the flaws for it were exaggerated to an extent
The Whole Short Joke thing wasn't bad until like the end and as much folks say Ed didn't get much hits in and was dominated eh even watching it Aang only real damage was Snapping's Ed's Arm off most of his hits on Ed didn't do much on him
the real issue was the climax was just kinda "the Super form comes in and just one shot the end" and Aang being OOC for it
VA was fine for both,Music was nice,Action felt should've been faster paced and along with a better job of there abilities clashing

If they're just now showing interest in Touhou then I doubt we'll see Hit vs Sakuya for a while, probably not until after next season.

Also Hit doesn't necessarily lose if they think he can just blitz + organ crush, though I have no idea what they'll use for Touhou speed since it can range from relativistic to infinite depending on who you ask.
If she managed to freeze Hit in time that’d thoroughly circumvent the speed gap. Just an if, though.

IIRC Homura is also a popular pick For Sakuya tho that boils down to the crew having interest in researching Madoka and going for that than using Hit
but there's other popular DB rep that haven't been used so it may be awhile till we see Hit get on

If she managed to freeze Hit in time that’d thoroughly circumvent the speed gap. Just an if, though.
Oh I definitely agree, I just think there's a chance they'll argue Hit would always be able to use his timestop first.

I'm pretty sure AP/durability are the least relevant factors in this MU anyways since they can both kill each other with hax, so even if they downplay Sakuya to hell and back she could still win.

So Tipper , care to answer your opinions on Beerus Vs Galaxia and Flash Vs Archie Sonic ?
Thanks
Beerus vs Galaxia
9/10
Arguing Who Beerus was gonna fight was perhaps the best I ever felt in DB
arguing who was gonna be his opponent was fun and to see his opponent was Galaxia Was great given at the time it was fight Beerus had a chance at winning not just die like fodder as with most of his options as well as bringing on a series like Sailor Moon
VA for both were Fantastic, Music was well done, Action was solid and felt Chaotic
Beerus winning was utterly fantastic when alot thought he was a deadman walking in

Flash vs Archie Sonic
8/10
Way Past Flash Slaps
VA for both were Good
While the line Sonic was a bit OOC The delivery of it was great
However as a fight while it was good there was missed potential within it
it should've felt chaotic with both character's speed and feats they have done
it should've involved some form of cosmic fuckery within it
While the fight was good it easily could've been much more

Ben said GvS2 is his least favorite ep and him telling about its production says a lot.

It was originally envisioned as Directors Cut of sorts, using stuff they left out but higher ups suggested to make it sequel. So essentially they made a sequel with table scraps of previous episode and unspecific form and used NLFs to make Supes infine, while 2 months later Goku got massive buffs back when GvS1 was Ben vs Hal. What do you expect to get from that?

Ben said GvS2 is his least favorite ep and him telling about its production says a lot.

It was originally envisioned as Directors Cut of sorts, using stuff they left out but higher ups suggested to make it sequel. So essentially they made a sequel with table scraps of previous episode and unspecific form and used NLFs to make Supes infine, while 2 months later Goku got massive buffs back when GvS1 was Ben vs Hal. What do you expect to get from that?
The shitshow we got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back