• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely ThawneBlack. Barry's was fine but Quicksilver doesn't add anything to Flash's absurd power set and as for Wally? For how OP and insane Archie and Wally can get, they would've been more visually creative in the choreography but it felt average

Yeah Cyborg’s infrared and x-ray scanners will instantly let him find out that 17’s a cyborg and after that all all he has to do is use his Techopathy. This MU like throwing a man made of water against a Waterbender

Lmaoooo. BOOYAH!!!

They were pretending IIRC
Besides Cyborg has this
JUSTL-3-5.jpg

also even if we assume that Thawne wouldn't know Goku Black relies on the time ring, do Flash family characters have acausality bypassing abilities or not? Just in case naysayers say otherwise
Yes, apparently Thawne could change Post-Flashpoint Barry’s memories despite stuff like Wally being unaffected by Anti-Monitor winning (and thus absorbing the entire space-time in his antimatter universe) in the Zero Hour version of COIE. For a more straightforward feat, Thawne literally paradoxed a living paradox (that was gonna destroy all of time) who previously paradoxed himself and Barry multiple times and Barry was also still standing after he got paradoxed.

Yes, apparently Thawne could change Post-Flashpoint Barry’s memories despite stuff like Wally being unaffected by Anti-Monitor winning (and thus absorbing the entire space-time in his antimatter universe) in the Zero Hour version of COIE. For a more straightforward feat, Thawne literally paradoxed a living paradox who previously paradoxed himself and Barry multiple times and Barry was also still standing after he got paradoxed.
okay so wait wait. Thawne paradoxed an already living paradox who paradoxed Barry and Thawne numerous times? ******* hell I know the Speed Force/Negative Speed Force are bullshit powerful but Jesus that defies all semblance of logic inside my head

Yes, although not sure if he ever specifically targeted Thawne (when I said himself, I meant that the paradox literally paradoxes his past self to gain energy from it), also fun fact, Barry then learned to paradox that potently and successfully paradoxed Thawne, who’s also essentially a living paradox

In a scaling chain you could probably get something like Mxy’s EE (Mxyzptlk also attempted to erase Superman from all of reality and memory) < Superman’s resistance < Cobalt Blue’s paradox (which let AM win) and Flashpoint < PC Wally’s acausality (=) and future Barry’s acausality < casual Paradox < present Barry’s acausality <<<< Paradox destroying all of time which includes the Presence from his PoV < Thawne’s paradox = Barry’s paradox

Last edited:
i'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but unless this got retconned, 17 and 18 were actually revealed to not be cyborgs at all when bulma analyzed their blueprints in the original manga

She says they are "humans modified with organic substances". and even specificaly mentions that this is the reason cell can absorb them in exactly the same way he does with regular humans.

they're basically captain america style super soldiers.

Sheesh, no wonder why some dislike comic scaling. The amount of scaling that can be applied to these characters is headache inducing
Yup, the Paradox comic itself is headache inducing especially. But obviously it’s to be expected when you read Flash comics. But Comics scaling is still pretty fun if you know where to start and have the time to check your sources.

i'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but unless this got retconned, 17 and 18 were actually revealed to not be cyborgs at all when bulma analyzed their blueprints in the original manga
Hmm, are you sure they don’t even have that infinite energy reactor as a mechanical component?

Nope. Pretty sure that's somehow organic too going off of the manga. It makes absolutely no sense, but then again, there's been much weirder things that have occurred within fiction.
Well eh… guess it’s only a regen stomp then? Unless you use volume scaling like DB, then it’s also an AP stomp for Cyborg… probably (cause never underestimate fusion multipliers).

However, despite being referred to as androids or cyborgs and commonly regarded as such, both Android 17 and his sister are practically neither. Bulma stated while looking at 17's blueprint that he was human-based, but just about everything has been enhanced with bio-organic components.[7] His only mechanical parts are the emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device (removed).[8]

Did the deactivation controller get removed as well?

Wouldn't have some cybernetics? As far as I'm aware, when Krillin asked Shenron to restore 18 and 17 back to being human he couldn't do it so Krillin had him remove the bomb out from 18 and 17.
Does that prove they have cybernetics? Not exactly but I think it does show that they aren't like super soldiers in the same vein as someone like Captain America
Edit: okay I stand corrected on the cybernetics thing, but to answer the question I don't think it's implied that the deactivation was removed but nothing also states he still has it either

However, despite being referred to as androids or cyborgs and commonly regarded as such, both Android 17 and his sister are practically neither. Bulma stated while looking at 17's blueprint that he was human-based, but just about everything has been enhanced with bio-organic components.[7] His only mechanical parts are the emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device (removed).[8]

Did the deactivation controller get removed as well?
Yes, pretty sure it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back