• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that’s two matchups people here didn’t like that might happen, rip Smashor and Loh
Anyway, money’s on Hit
I can understand why they may go with it
Hit is far more known to casuals and normies and has a interesting moveset
Sakuya doesn't have better outside of Homura who they can have face either Kurumi or I-No
DB mu draw well in views so Hit could carry the fight viewership wise

image0.jpg

Can’t believe this meme was relevant twice in this thread

Yeah, RF should be comparable but then we have Barry saying RF is faster and THEN we have that hilariously bad DC Speed chart that says RF is slower than Barry or Wally.

When do comics get punished for inconsistency?

Well, its the match ups too. Twilight and Sindel aren't beating Peak Raven and Canary.

Inconsistency not being punished heavily favors DC. Hal consistently might not be on Alien X's level, but peak Hal washes him so hard. Apply this to Goku vs Superman too.

I guess this site has She-Ra beating WW & personally Joker probably should lose Sweet Tooth. But like, DC probably should win most of the DC vs non-Marvel DBs, at least if inconsistencies are ignored.

And then DC loses vs non-Marvel matches mostly aren't popular and well yeah. It is what it is.

Frankly I'm amazed no one really calls out that DB is essentially owned by DC's owner too lol

I just realized that the Marvel Semiherald nerf is actually a good thing because it means the buff given to Iron Fist out of spite and nothing else dosn't let him beat Po anymore.
Its bs anyway he got it in the first place when heralds were tier 5 at their weakest way back, no less from somebody who acts like they know their shit

It's not that the main character is not used, i just think the match-ups i mentioned are far better and if Touhou is gonna be in DB (Which is still pretty unlikely and if it does happen we're probably gonna see it once) i would rather have those matches over Hit vs Sakuya

Regarding Touhou case
Touhou is a series that while is niche per say it a full on literal ass who series like some series that appeared before
We know the the top requested from the series are Reimu,Sakuya, and Cirno

for Reimu Case-Yusuke and Madoka
Sakuya Case-Homura,Kurumi and Hit
Cirno case-Jack Frost from SMt

For Reimu while Yusuke is a popular optionas of late Yusuke also has several competitors to face him such as Yoh,Inuyasha,Ichigo etc
Madoka is another option but she has Sailor Moon as well should the team not do Seiya vs Usagi

Reimu situation is arguably tricky

Sakuya is another
Dio is fighting Alucard this season and isn't coming back after that
Homura is her top option but has Kurumi and I-no lately knocking on her door
Hit has no one to fight which makes it areguably easier to see why the may go with that fight
Cirno easily has Jack which makes it easy to go with

We're probably getting that in Black's match with Thawne, if I'm being honest.
Added with a long troll by Eobard.

Regarding Touhou case
Touhou is a series that while is niche per say it a full on literal ass who series like some series that appeared before
We know the the top requested from the series are Reimu,Sakuya, and Cirno

for Reimu Case-Yusuke and Madoka
Sakuya Case-Homura,Kurumi and Hit
Cirno case-Jack Frost from SMt

For Reimu while Yusuke is a popular optionas of late Yusuke also has several competitors to face him such as Yoh,Inuyasha,Ichigo etc
Madoka is another option but she has Sailor Moon as well should the team not do Seiya vs Usagi

Reimu situation is arguably tricky

Sakuya is another
Dio is fighting Alucard this season and isn't coming back after that
Homura is her top option but has Kurumi and I-no lately knocking on her door
Hit has no one to fight which makes it areguably easier to see why the may go with that fight
Cirno easily has Jack which makes it easy to go with
Actually Touhou Project is BIG in Asia. (Its colors are fading with the rise of other anime and games but still)

Oh Yuyuko Saigyouji has a lot of universe level ice users, death hax users and pink gluttonous aliens to fight against. (Hyoga, Nekron, Hades, Giratina, ... even Kirby)
Yukari Yakumo has cosmic haxxed beautiful ladies or cosmic hyperspace/loop/border users to choose from. (Well though she either hax stomps or even AP stomp or speed blitz... usually all three of the above - typical stomp or be stomped for universe level characters) (Gilgamesh, Ajimu Najimi or Medaka Kurokami, Kagura (Senran Kagura), Hoopa...)
Remilia Scarlet has Morrigan and Rachel Alucard (and basically any cosmic level / haxxed lady vampires)
Marisa Kirisame is another one with a lot of "brute force + beam users".
Eirin, Kaguya, Mokou, Eiki Shiki, Sanae Kochiya, Suwako Moriya, Kanako Yasaka, ... Actually a lot of potential characters.

The newer Touhou characters get lesser heard since when Kantai Collection becomes a big thing though.

Regarding Touhou so situation

it was introduced in s1 with Tao girl and s2 with Ragna
the issue the hax wasn't fully explored until the last couple of years
Once the true nature of hax walls at Blazblue was understood, it eliminates a lot of matchups and brings in others.

Actually Touhou Project is BIG in Asia. (Its colors are fading with the rise of other anime and games but still)
Doesn't matter to Death Battle, unless you're mainstream in the old USA, the chance of any new franchises to appear its much lower.

To be honest, i am start to fear the possibility of Batman getting four other episodes before Lupin III or Pegasus Seiya, assuming they will have any episodes at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back