• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since i seen hancock movie, tho i dont remember what was his weakness exactly, it had to do with the dude wife whom was helping him
Apparently his species are created in pairs to procreate and have the option to live as humans however if they're separated from their mate they gain godlike abilities.

Essentially the closer Hancock is to his other half the more mortal and weaker they both become. At least that's how I remembered it from the movie.

The wife was actually his other half but decided to live among humans while keeping her powers a secret also she broke up with Hancock a few hundred years ago by knocking him out unconscious which unintentionally gave him amnesia of what he was, kinda a messed up storyline tbh lol!

Yeah is exactly that, he goes from bulletproof to getting injected by a medic later, though it takes a long ass time, even after a lot of time togheter with the woman, he was still strong enough to level buildings and using his tornado powers unawarely.

And in the final, after being very weakened and barely getting his powers back, after also being hurt, he managed to fly off to the moon, probably had to reach full speed later but he still flew pretty fast.

Also hancock is like the opposite of homelander, unresponsible asshole that got humble and a great hero, whilr homelander was good at first and then become a horrible hero after trauma and stuff.

I vibe for it now

Other things I remember from the cast, if you're curious:

Ben said they'd be exploring "new genres" in Season 9.
Ben also showed a cursed frame of Knuckles without gloves.
They showed buff Tails for some reason.
They also talked about how ******* creepy the Archie comics got.
Seriously, why did they give Sonic characters sex lives?
Sonic meeting Spawn was a thing that happened.
Liam talked about The King's Man treating Adolf ******* Hitler like a Marvel after-credits villain.

Other things I remember from the cast, if you're curious:

Ben said they'd be exploring "new genres" in Season 9.
Ben also showed a cursed frame of Knuckles without gloves.
They showed buff Tails for some reason.
Sonic meeting Spawn was a thing that happened.
Liam talked about The King's Man treating Adolf ******* Hitler like a Marvel after-credits villain.
Two words: Ken Penders.

Yeah, tho you might be disappointed at how brief that was, Spawn literally appears in 1 page and then just leaves
piwj1u2ypgc71.jpg

Ken ******* Penders that's why. Everyone who loves Archie considers him a scourge and we all wish he didn't get the power he had over the stories. He's unfortunately one of the major reasons there's so many restrictions on Sonic storytelling nowadays.

https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html

Hello, here to annoy you with my rubbish again! Still a WIP, though I'm actually approaching a complete state now. Let me know if I forgot anything or got something wrong or whatever. I'll get more work on it tomorrow.
I'd change the wording on Hit vs Sakuya, as Touhou, imo, isn't actually all that hard to research for. There's a pretty defined set of what is official mainline canon material. The way the copyright works just allows fans to do whatever they want with it. Touhou has all the ZUN-made games, the spinoffs by Twilight Frontier ZUN officially worked with, and the various manga that ZUN wrote & supervised all of. No less difficult than covering any other multi-media franchise really.

Anything made by fans without ZUNs explicit self-involvement is a fanwork and non-canon, this includes works like Memories of Phantasm, Luna Nights, Lost Word, etc etc. Even a quick visit to the wiki is easy to affirm this.

Any difficulties/reservations with using Touhou on DB would moreso come from it's lack of presence in the Western Mainstream, and maybe some difficulties illustrating visuals (but they've worked with less before, so it'd still be fine).

I'd change the wording on Hit vs Sakuya, as Touhou, imo, isn't actually all that hard to research for. There's a pretty defined set of what is official mainline canon material. The way the copyright works just allows fans to do whatever they want with it. Touhou has all the ZUN-made games, the spinoffs by Twilight Frontier ZUN officially worked with, and the various manga that ZUN wrote & supervised all of. No less difficult than covering any other multi-media franchise really.

Anything made by fans without ZUNs explicit self-involvement is a fanwork and non-canon, this includes works like Memories of Phantasm, Luna Nights, Lost Word, etc etc. Even a quick visit to the wiki is easy to affirm this.

Any difficulties/reservations with using Touhou on DB would moreso come from it's lack of presence in the Western Mainstream, and maybe some difficulties illustrating visuals (but they've worked with less before, so it'd still be fine).
Exactly what I mean.
To make things better, Touhou somehow has "recognized" fan made anime referenced from canon stories.

Does Apocalypse (Marvel Comics) have the enhancement from the power of "The Twelve" for the fight?
Or... does he fight Michael Roa Valdamjong instead of Black Adam (Post-Crisis)?

Quite stylish and has a unique flavour. Poor Ms Nikos dies Kakyoin style tho

Last edited:
Is there any live action DBs ya'll wanna see?
While most of the community seems to like Scott Pilgrim VS Travis Touchdown best for Scott's MU, ever since Yate's commission track I would love Scott Pilgrim VS Danny Sexbang as a live-action, or as a mixed media fight.

I think the style of the live-action movie and the way recent NSP Music Videos do action would play off of one another really well, and Danny seems to be the type to be on board with the project since he seems to be cool with killing and maiming his character so the chance he could lose probably wouldn't phase him.

The biggest wrench in that dream MU (other than it rivaling other Scott MUs, obviously) is that Michael Cera seems like he'd be harder to get and allegedly doesn't like the character much anymore. So while I could see Danny accepting an invite, Cera might be the holdout if they ever tried it.

...It just wouldn't be the same with lookalike actors.

Why do we take "main matches" for characters. Personally, i think best opponent for Bill Cipher is Dormammu, not some character that i have never heard of. And Dormammu and Bill are also thematically fit.
I mean Dormammu has Trigon from what I remember and just because you haven’t heard of a character doesn’t mean other people haven’t. There’s a reason the “main match” is the “main match” and it’s usually cause of popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back